Dejan Lovren - Transfer Rumours

St Chalet

Think it deserves it's own thread. If they are really prepared to offer £20m that is bat **** bonkers. Good defender, yes. £20m, I'd drive him there myself.

We bought him for £10M and he has utterly excelled in the Premier League.

Never mind that it's Saints. Which other Centre Back who is equally highly rated in the Premier League could be bought for £20M?

Fair point Kracken. But £5-10m buys you the cream of the crop from most European leagues.

It does, but it also gets you Andreea Cornelius (almost). And Iago Aspas. Or Danny Graham. Or Thiago Ilori. We won't talk about Stevan Jovetic at £22M. Or Roberto Saldado. Or Eric Lamela. The list goes on.

And £27M in the Premier League gets you Marouanne Fellaini. Value is nowhere.

£20m for a centre back who has had one decent season for us is crazy money. Good player that I would like to keep, but that figure is just silly.

Seems reasonable to me. Why are all saints fans so pleased to sell players on the cheap. We made a £10m gamble on a player, it came off. The next man is not gambling, he's getting a sure thing. That costs more.

£20m for a centre back who has had one decent season for us is crazy money. Good player that I would like to keep, but that figure is just silly.

Do you not realise The Mirror has just plucked that figure from thin air? It's a load of bo!!ocks, they're just making it up as they go along.

When did everyone on here become so gullible?!?!

Keep him or £30million.

I might sound ridiculous but squeeze any club who wants our players as much as we can.

He is CL Quality tbf.

If you gave me top ten Prem centre backs, they'd be worth around 25-30 million.

(Apart from terry of course)

I expected this to be Liverpool's first bid aimed in our direction - far more so than one for Lallana.

Nearly all of the big club have major issues in the middle of the back row (key players aging or leaving or falling short on the quality front), so there will probably be huge competition for Lovren.

I'll be very pleasantly shocked if he starts next season in our colours, but at least we should get a hell of a fee for him if he goes.

My 'info' is that he said his goodbyes to team mates and is off to pastures new. True? No idea but that was passed on to me yesterday.

he is becoming a hair dresser, or something, these stories do get muddled up somewhat.

Reports that Liverpool are letting go 5 of the 8 they bought last pre season. Liverpool are linked with so many players right now they will have to sell before they can buy. Rodgers has said he is going after quality not quantity; heard that somewhere before :)

It does, but it also gets you Andreea Cornelius (almost). And Iago Aspas. Or Danny Graham. Or Thiago Ilori. We won't talk about Stevan Jovetic at £22M. Or Roberto Saldado. Or Eric Lamela. The list goes on.

And £27M in the Premier League gets you Marouanne Fellaini. Value is nowhere.

Agree apart from Jovetic who has fair competition and many injuries but looks class.

Some people are living in the past wetting themselves over £20m as astronomical.

Lovren would be very difficult to replace. I would rather the other 2 to go rather than him. Our defence was solid and he was a leader. He was the IMO one of the top 5 central defenders in the. PL last season

20 Mill is a good deal, dont want him to go. Think he had a better first half of the season than second half..
IMO 20 m is s poor price for him, he is the Killer of our team and would be a massive loss. He is part of the spine of the team and that is vital

Lovren was the key to the major improvement last season, and is in the area that we are still weakest in. To stand still relative the teams around us, we need buy another similar quality (or better if we can find/afford them) CB to partner Lovren. To lose him would be a disaster. Back to Fonte & Jos anyone?

If Lovren himself wants to go (and I've seen nothing to suggest that is the case) and we are forced to sell him then take a look at the release clauses for some of Porto's defenders. Man City have been after Eliaquim Mangala from Porto and they won't get him for less than £25m - Lovren has a years PL experience under his belt so I would say £28-30m wouldn't be far wide of what we should be asking.

Ok, what is a fair price then?
do an Everton and say the players are not for sale, Kenright has made any business done with them is punitive and so. Clubs are not so keen to try and buy them. Liverpool kept Suarez to his contract in theory we could do the same to ours. Losing our best players would cost us more long term as everyplace in the league we drop costs us millions. Taking away the best centre back at the club weakens us terribly

I've seen reported that Liverpool have 40-60 million to spend, the higher number being dependent on then off loading some players, so far they've been linked with at least two off our players in the region of 40 million considering they need several players to strengthen the squad for Champions league I think our players are going to be to expensive for them. Man U on the other hand are reported to 150-200 million to spend ........

We could end up with 80m in the bank from a series of "great deals" and an ultra **** team on the pitch.

Us, as fans, don't benefit in any way from our best players being sold.

£100m for Bale was crazy money, but any Spurs fan would rather be watching Bale every week.

When we have sold other players for decent cash we have never seen a benefit from it, and this would be no different.

If you personally got the £20m the of course, but you get nothing. Never understand why fans are bothered about incoming fees, its like they think they get a cut, or the tickets are made cheaper.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I couldn't care less about the money, it's not like I'll see it.

You do not become a better team by selling your best players.

The more we lose, the more we have to sign. Which never works, you'll end up a squad of individuals.

This has to be right. We need to strengthen not sell.

With the massive increase in Prem money, it's hard to know what is the "right" price to sell a player at.

1. Hopefully we don't sell any.

2. If we do, then hold on until after the world cup and get as much money as possible.

This would be catastrophic

This.

It's alright saying £20mil here and £30mil there - who the **** are we planning on signing to replace our best players?

In addition to that we have to remember that we will not get all the money to re-invest so apart from squaring off some debt or filling a hole in the accounts, how can Lovren to LFC be in any way a good move for us? He's £20mil for a reason.

My 'info' is that he said his goodbyes to team mates and is off to pastures new. True? No idea but that was passed on to me yesterday.

Don't share what you know. I heard the exact same but got ridiculed. Im rarely ITK but won't be sharing anything from now on.