Dejan Lovren - Transfer Rumours

St Chalet

How about bringing up a Lallana thread, no doubt there would be many who felt he was irreplaceable.

Lovren was a fantastic defender for us ,especially before his injury. He is a little boy lost now

Agree with that, but one might argue that Fonte made him look a bit better than he really was.

At Liverpool, there is no-one around to cover his a**, when he makes a mistake.

Someone posted a photo from the Liverpool v Chelsea game where Lovren and possibly Skirtel were back to the goal line facing 4 lethal Chelsea players in acres of space in the 18yrd box, and what seemed like all their Liverpool team mates were retreating like the Italian army back to the centre of the pitch, we could have conceded no goals last year and sold him for £50m but 1 man is not going to stem the flow of 10 opposing players on his jack jones even if he cost £100m.

I find it amazing they have taken so much talent from us, and like many people Rodgers has opened the box and cast the instruction manual in the drawer plugged them in and pressed play when they haven't worked in 5 minutes he just casts them aside, with Lovren as he can't afford another one so he just persists hoping the law of averages take effect.

Bit like my Which reading mate with a state of the art Audi that he had for 2 years, one day driving along I said oh look you have one of these and pressed the button marked S next to the gear shift Growl the car goes and whoosh down the road we fly, "well I never knew I had that"!!