Ralph Krueger described as...

SaintNeil90

Of course the media are going to say that. They have no idea what is happening and might end up looking like complete tits if MP stays along with the some/most of the team who they seem to have sold five times over.

The Week of Silence does suggest that communication isn't taking place in the club any more than it is to the outside world. If the players had been given any update its reasonable to assume there would have been a leak, (which may be why nothing is being communicated). But any updates would mean that previously stated positions had changed. If nothing has changed, the club could have said so. It is the silence that is fuelling the speculation and surely it would be for the Chairman to deal with that, not the owner or other board members. So far RK hasn't done anything to enhance his reputation or even to show he is necessary.

The media are frustrated there is nothing to gossip about, so they (as usual ) just make it up.

Of course they will, and the Board should know that as well as you and I. False stories could be countered by telling the truth, but if the truth would be unpalatable to the fans, that becomes more difficult. Inevitably then, silence will create even more speculation.

The Week of Silence does suggest that communication isn't taking place in the club any more than it is to the outside world. If the players had been given any update its reasonable to assume there would have been a leak, (which may be why nothing is being communicated). But any updates would mean that previously stated positions had changed. If nothing has changed, the club could have said so. It is the silence that is fuelling the speculation and surely it would be for the Chairman to deal with that, not the owner or other board members. So far RK hasn't done anything to enhance his reputation or even to show he is necessary.

What on earth do you want? Big Brother does SFC? It's not even 8 full days since the premier league trophy was presented.

Last week Lallana and Shaw were on a week's break before travelling out to Portugal for pre world cup training; Krueger was working for German TV and St Marys was probably a ghost town.

No different from any other first week of the summer. Unfortunately the media still have to work and the Premier League is the new Royal Family for the open season of gossip and speculation for those that need their fix.

Oh dear are you still going on you big baby? Put a sock in it.

The players are all on holiday or reporting for international duty. Why would anyone be calling them to let them know....I can assure you the fans are far more worried than the players are right now.

In terms of public announcements, there is nothing to talk about. You are choosing to get swept up in the media hurricane.

The players are all on holiday or reporting for international duty. Why would anyone be calling them to let them know....I can assure you the fans are far more worried than the players are right now.

In terms of public announcements, there is nothing to talk about. You are choosing to get swept up in the media hurricane.

I would fully expect players to be informed of the clubs position when other teams bid GDP's of small nations for their services. In fact I suspect they are entirely aware of the buying clubs position but it would be unusual and unfair for Saints to leave them in the dark. If nothing they should just reiterate their position to them that they aren't for sale so the next round of transfers requests and leveraging can begin.

My theory is that the club doesn't know what to do with players until they know who will be their Manager, and they can't sort that until Pochettino makes up his mind. A bit of a sorry state of affairs.

I'm sure that drum of yours needs another beat, otherwise all you'll get is scorn.

So you are saying that because there are no leaks, the players are being kept in the dark? Quite a leap there surely?

The Chairman's job is to further the interests of the business, you could argue that ending speculation is part of that...however, I would suggest in light of recent "definitely moving" articles that the press would be unlikely to u-turn at the drop of a hat (or statement from RK). Obviously it would be unethical to discuss the particulars of a contract negotiation, so the best RK could do is state he intends to do all he can to keep MP. If that happened, I'm thinking the next headline would be "Saints in denial as Pochettino desperate for dream move to his beloved spurs".

I do not think they have much to say at present until allegedly Pochettino advises them what he is going to do. The only analogy I can give is Katherina and Ralph swimming hard to keep their heads above water but with a few great white sharks about to try and take big lumps out of them. I think they may have been surprised at the ferocity of the media even if most of it is fabricated crap.

Ralph "Hi Rickie, just to let you know we've had no bids in for anyone that we are going to even consider"

Rickie "FFS Ralph, I'm sitting on the beach building Sandcastles with my kids, I AM allowed a week off"

Ralph "Hi Rickie, sorry to bother you but just want you to know that we have had no approach for MP from Spurs"

Rickie "FFS Ralph can I at LEAST rinse the sand off my kid's feet so we can go and get lunch"

Ralph "Hi Rickie, look just an update, since we last spoke, we have had no offers that we are going to even consider for anyone"

Rickie "FFS Ralph can we at least eat dessert? Tell you what, send ******* Sibley here to change nappies and then I can spend 20 hours a day listening to you tell me nothing. Oh and who the fark is paying all these roaming costs?"

Think that's about it

Ralph "Hi Rickie, just to let you know we've had no bids in for anyone that we are going to even consider"

Rickie "FFS Ralph, I'm sitting on the beach building Sandcastles with my kids, I AM allowed a week off"

Ralph "Hi Rickie, sorry to bother you but just want you to know that we have had no approach for MP from Spurs"

Perfect. Put this way it makes everyone look very foolish.

Rickie "FFS Ralph can I at LEAST rinse the sand off my kid's feet so we can go and get lunch"

Ralph "Hi Rickie, look just an update, since we last spoke, we have had no offers that we are going to even consider for anyone"

Rickie "FFS Ralph can we at least eat dessert? Tell you what, send ******* Sibley here to change nappies and then I can spend 20 hours a day listening to you tell me nothing. Oh and who the fark is paying all these roaming costs?"

Think that's about it

When there is news that affects people, then the relevant people will be informed.

When there is news that affects people, then the relevant people will be informed.

What, surely not before this forum finds out ? Don't they realise that people's lives are 'on hold' and finger nails are being chewed away with the anxiety of it all.

There's probably as much communication as you'd expect. The issue is that players and fans expect more than is ultimately necessary when they see media discussing from outside.

That's why stories are planted to unsettle players. That's how they manifest themselves. An unsettled player expects more from the club than they would if there was no media attention.

If nothing has changed, the club could have said so. It is the silence that is fuelling the speculation and surely it would be for the Chairman to deal with that, not the owner or other board members. So far RK hasn't done anything to enhance his reputation or even to show he is necessary.

So, how often should we be told that nothing has changed?

Every day? Every hour? Every 10 minutes?

In football, Adam Lallana's move to Liverpool looks increasingly likely after the talented young striker discovered that the city is the home to Sayers the Bakers. Adam has shockingly claimed "It's nice to have an alternative from Greggs", according sources close to the England international. There has been no comment from Southampton Chairman Ralph Krueger on this crucial development.

Of course NC was noted for his openness and transparent communications!

Mmm, well at least he didn't promise to deliver and then not deliver. Words mean nothing unless there's some substance - my view so far is Mr K is all air and very little substance. We're on the verge of losing the best players and our most successful Manager and the cost of my ST has risen. How should we judge him?

Mmm, well at least he didn't promise to deliver and then not deliver. Words mean nothing unless there's some substance - my view so far is Mr K is all air and very little substance. We're on the verge of losing the best players and our most successful Manager and the cost of my ST has risen. How should we judge him?

Who's the prospective manager under discussion - revealing this in no way incriminates your 'source'?

Otherwise I'll safely assume you're talking rubbish.

Edited by shurlock

You could wait until something actually happens before judging him perhaps?

It's a fair comment, however having been fleeced by the likes of Lowe for so many years I'm particularly 'sensitive' to hearing rumours that our best players are being sold AFTER I've forked out on a new ST. Not sure there's the supposed transparency going on that Ralph would like us to believe TBH.

What has RK failed to deliver exactly ?

I have my opinions in regards the board when it comes to future progression and ambition but so far I have nothing to base that on but my own conjecture. He hasnt failed with anything yet, and we dont know if we are on the 'verge' of losing anyone yet.

This is as short sighted as it is stupid

Are you forgetting Les Reeds statement already....

"As you know I am member of the board and director of the club and my responsibility is football.

Currently I am responsible for transfers, I’m responsible for contract negotiations and all of those board level football matters that the club is involved in.

It's a fair comment, however having been fleeced by the likes of Lowe for so many years I'm particularly 'sensitive' to hearing rumours that our best players are being sold AFTER I've forked out on a new ST. Not sure there's the supposed transparency going on that Ralph would like us to believe TBH.

Fair enough, thats a reasonable point of view. I just think 8 days from season end is a bit early to start judging people when they're all probably enjoying a much deserved week off. You have until the end of the month to renew, I've not renewed mine yet partly due to the rumours and partly due to me being a tight git and withholding my cash for as long as possible. Tbh I had a season ticket in div 3, so I'm not going to not renew just because we sell a few players