Cortese speaking to BBC for first time since leaving Saints

Saint Garrett

This could get messy.....so Luke Shaw phones him and treats him like a second father...and he would reject Man UTD if he was still here?......actually the latter I could believe.

He go to Chelsea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will be interesting to see if he is there as an investigative journalist asking the questions about the accounts, the sackings etc, OR as a simple mouthpiece for further propaganda.

I thought the PR war was over, hopefully it is and we can all get on with life.

So come on Benjamin, show us what you are made of, what are you - man, or one of Nicola's little dancing puppets?

And if that hilarious quote about Shaw is anything to go by, dance little Beeb boy, dance!

it will be interesting to see if he is there as an investigative journalist asking the questions about the accounts, the sackings etc, OR as a simple mouthpiece for further propaganda.

I thought the PR war was over, hopefully it is and we can all get on with life.

So come on Benjamin, show us what you are made of, what are you - man, or one of Nicola's little dancing puppets?

And if that hilarious quote about Shaw is anything to go by, dance little Beeb boy, dance!

Read this, investigative, hard hitting piece from Ben Smith about Cortese (penned a month before his departure in the midst of early MP to Spurs rumours.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25420261

Not sycophantic drivel at all, nope.

Well I don't know what to think now. Obviously have to wait and see what he says but he is obviously interested in us enough to give an interview... the mind actually boggles at this close season.. already.

I suspect somebody with a banking background might get a tad riled when on leaving the new regime states about poor financial positions etc. Apart from being annoyed by having the project taken away to have his professional standing rubbished may rankle a touch. This is the RL v Michael Wilde saga part 2, with some supporting the ruthless and single minded NC the other supporting the tummy tickling scarf wearing RK

Not sure what's wrong with the quote about being in daily contact with players - its either true or its not and Cortese's a bulls**ter. At least its specific and not fantastically difficult to prove either way.

Edited by shurlock

...and some people were complaining about nothing happening at Saints... oh to be Swansea or WBA this summer with literally nothing going on*

* there might be something going on at those clubs I didn't actually check.

What a cock that man is. Ridiculous pr rubbish.

It may well be the case, that it is indeed a load of PR guff, but I would suggest you actually wait and read it first and then ask some intelligent questions for a change rather than simply jumping into an immature and frankly Juvenile mud slinging irrespective of what it actually says.

Given that we all know it will be a bit of PR mouthpiece and in terms of responding to the financial criticisms (if he does), then he is entitled and both sides of the story tend to be better before jumping to conclusions... BUT the question I ask is WHY is he still interested in playing the game, unless he is planning something else in football? That would be the question Ben should be asking - even if offended by the criticisms, I doubt he would lose any sleep over it unless it impacts on his next plans.

More preview quotes are in.

While Chairman at Southampton Cortese oversaw what can only be described as a miraculous ascent from the bottom of League 1 to the top half of the Premier League on a restrictive budget. Any suggestions that he was forced out of the club after owner Katharina Liebherr wanted some justification on spending are completely false.

While keeping a dignified low profile since his departure from the club, Cortese is soon to make his first steps in a new career - as the new cutlery expert on Antiques Roadshow.

Full interview up now!

"Luke calls me everyday, sometimes twice a day. I have to get Mrs. C to pretend I am not in. He's like "Hey Nicki, It's luke, what's you opinion on sweep over hair cuts? Should I go for a grade one or a 0.5 on the side? Are they getting old now? I mean, even Arthur has one now a days....Nick... you there? Nicki....hello....Nicki." I still get Ricky to wash my car as well. Although, obviously, given his background, we have to keep an eye on him. Lallana? Ha! Lallana lives in my attic, there is no way he would even be talking to Liverpool if I were still in charge. Ralf? Ralf? Don't make me laugh, they will drag him out kicking and screaming and then big Kat will be on the phone, "oh, Nick we made a terrible mistake, you are the greatest" and I'll say "I will come back Kat, cause it's my baby and I don't abandon my babies, not any more. However this is going to cost you".

SFC? I didn't do it so they turn round and go ‘Thank you Nick for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs, you've made me a better player and are like a 2nd father to me. Well first really if I don;t have to count the biological one’ I do it so, one day, someone will go ‘There goes Nicola Cortese. I must remember to thank him."

napoleon.jpg

Well, this is going to be fun... Still, I suppose we will have both sides of the story.

The story that both sides want us to hear. Doubt we will ever get the actual truth. Imo katherina got rid of Nic cos she got a load of complaints from people that he was a massive cock and she didn't want a company she was responsible for behaving like that. Of course no one will admit that though.

I suspect somebody with a banking background might get a tad riled when on leaving the new regime states about poor financial positions etc. Apart from being annoyed by having the project taken away to have his professional standing rubbished may rankle a touch. This is the RL v Michael Wilde saga part 2, with some supporting the ruthless and single minded NC the other supporting the tummy tickling scarf wearing RK

...on the other hand potential billionaire clients might not take well to him dissing former client. Still we dont know what he says yet!

The story that both sides want us to hear. Doubt we will ever get the actual truth. Imo katherina got rid of Nic cos she got a load of complaints from people that he was a massive cock and she didn't want a company she was responsible for behaving like that. Of course no one will admit that though.

Always find it amazing how some folk can bottle up so much bitterness and hate red for people they don't know.... Or maybe I should go and dig up some of your more measured posts on Rupert Lowe, before you joined the forum 'gang' and lost all ability to actually form or hold your own opinion...?

Where did Saint Charlie get that quote from?

It was obviously fictional :lol:

Says a lot for Ben Smith's previous efforts that many thought it was genuine. Was meant to provide light relief.

I did notice Connor Armstrong tweeted it to his minnions before being told it wasn't genuine. Will do anything for some "breaking news", that lad.

Always find it amazing how some folk can bottle up so much bitterness and hate red for people they don't know.... Or maybe I should go and dig up some of your more measured posts on Rupert Lowe' date=' before you joined the forum 'gang' and lost all ability to actually form or hold your own opinion...?[/quote']

What you blathering on about now Franco? That is my opinion you cretin. I don't hate anyone, I wouldn't wish injury or misfortune on Nicola, I met him once and he seemed OK. I think he was a massive cock at saints and treated people poorly including people I know. Now go back to your drinking and leave my posts in peace so I don't have to suffer through your paragraphs of nothing.

Cant quite believe how much grief nc gets from the fanbase.

Lets not forget it was him that talked marcus into buying the club and he only agreed to this if nc would run it,

If nc hadnt had this idea we would probably be slumming it out with pompey.

He was a cracking chairman too delivered pretty much everything he promised from the promotions to the southampton way playing style and keeping with the academy approach.

Plus every mangerial decision he made worked out and the ambition was rubbing off at everybody involved in the club.

All i read on here is him getting trashed all the time and loads of love for big kat who has effectively done nothing bar inheriting a football club she had no part in.

Suspect it will be more 'timely' sh!t-stirring from NC.

No doubt acting like the child who has had his action man or subuteo set taken away from him. (failing to realise perhaps that it was not his but only on loan in the first place).