Derby fans

bunterboy99

Those of us who were there in 2007 when Derby beat us on penalties will remember this. Remember the way their

fans invaded the pitch and taunted us afterwards instead of just celebrating? Always hated them for that. So the

look on their faces when QPR just pinched promotion from under their noses was ****ing priceless.

Just a shame it was such a good day for Redknapp...but you cant have everything..

Those of us who were there in 2007 when Derby beat us on penalties will remember this. Remember the way their

fans invaded the pitch and taunted us afterwards instead of just celebrating? Always hated them for that. So the

look on their faces when QPR just pinched promotion from under their noses was ****ing priceless.

Just a shame it was such a good day for Redknapp...but you cant have everything..

get over it. you should want derby to win for the way they play and the young players they do so with

But can't help feeling really sorry for Derby. Better team by far, denied a possible goal by a cynical foul, lost through a momentary lapse of concentration.

And I'd far rather be going to Derby than bl**dy QPR

And worst of all, I really, really hate Saggychops.

This, every time.

They kicked us off the park first leg. They robbed us every bit as much as rangers robbed them today. Redknapp is one bloke, there were hundreds of twts that night.

For me this, it was heartbreaking that night

This, and QPR will now probably avoid Football League penalties for breaking FFP.

Will they? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10852635/Queens-Park-Rangers-face-play-off-final-dilemma-when-is-an-80m-jackpot-nothing-like-an-80m-jackpot.html This goes against something I read that said that they probably would, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

People still whining about another teams celebrating a win against us seven freaking years ago is seriously effing mental. I take it you people don't celebrate Saints victories just in case they upset the other fans?

Get over it.

Gutted for Derby, would have absolutely loved to see them come up. Plus we've been robbed of a QPR meltdown which would have been fun to watch.

I hate the playoffs. You play for 40 odd games and you can finish dozen or more points ahead of some one who get's promoted. Can you imagine the PL doing this with 4-7th to see who gets the 4th CL spot? Also this play off final always seems to detract from 1st and 2nd place, what with all the fan fair that goes on.

I hate the playoffs. You play for 40 odd games and you can finish dozen or more points ahead of some one who get's promoted. Can you imagine the PL doing this with 4-7th to see who gets the 4th CL spot? Also this play off final always seems to detract from 1st and 2nd place, what with all the fan fair that goes on.

bet you never when we sneeked 6th at the death in 2007!!!??

I'll never understand why people keep saying that winning the play off is the best way to go up........No!! Hammering every team in the league 6-0 both home and away for the entire season is the best way to go up. Unless, of course you can score more. ;)

I'll never understand why people keep saying that winning the play off is the best way to go up........No!! Hammering every team in the league 6-0 both home and away for the entire season is the best way to go up. Unless, of course you can score more. ;)

Well you get 2 extra pay days to help you fund your survival campaign. Not to be sniffed at the gains from a play-off final.

People can be objective you know.

I was delighted/relieved we sneaked in but would never argue we deserved promotion over the whole season and think the system is ridiculously unfair. Premier League nets you so much money I'll generally hope the 3rd place team wins and Derby deserved it over the season.

Clubs aside, today and this season was about one team having a young team playing decent football on a reasonable and fair budget, and another with older players and endless premier league experience making a fortune yet struggling to match the results of teams on far lesser resources. IMO that's a real shame and the Premier League will be lesser for it next season.

Really hope they remain tough on the FFP stuff. Saints included. With the money coming in clubs have little excuse for huge losses, and our accounts seemed pretty good last year. QPR had one of the highest wage bills in Europe FFS. ****s. They'll probably recall Remy, Taarabt etc now and buy a shedload more mercenaries. They could of course invest in infrastructure, sign young players and try to build. Who thinks they'll do that?

Hope they get a transfer ban and have to rely on Hill and Dunne in the Premier League! Good luck with that.

If it couldn't get worse, you'll soon have Flyer to discuss this with....

This.

I don't know how it can be reasonably argued against.

It can be argued against because everyone knows the rules at the start of the season. It's not exactly a surprise that finishing 3rd place guarantees you nothing.

Personally I think the playoffs are a great idea. Not the textbook definition of rewarding the best side over the course of a season, but everyone knows the rules beforehand.

It can be argued against because everyone knows the rules at the start of the season. It's not exactly a surprise that finishing 3rd place guarantees you nothing.

Personally I think the playoffs are a great idea. Not the textbook definition of rewarding the best side over the course of a season, but everyone knows the rules beforehand.

So you would support a play off between the top four in the premier league to decide the winner if that was the rule?

When HR arrived at the club and proclaimed that the previous people had the owners pants down, Hr made sure that there was room for plenty of sloppy seconds. The lure of transfers will definitely keep HR at the club

Will they? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10852635/Queens-Park-Rangers-face-play-off-final-dilemma-when-is-an-80m-jackpot-nothing-like-an-80m-jackpot.html This goes against something I read that said that they probably would, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27538802

"

Victory will secure a top-flight return at the first attempt for the London club.

But it could leave the Football League with a problem recovering a huge sum in Financial Fair Play penalties."

Let's hope that the FL find a way to enforce things.

Edited by badgerx16

Not at all. I have described a different scenario of the exact same principal. It's what they actually do here in the US

It's also irrelevant to whether you support or disagree with the principle of the playoffs for the third promoted side.

As I said earlier; it doesn't necessarily reward the team who have performed the best over the season. But I think it's a good system, everyone knows the rules beforehand, and it keeps most of the top half of the table competitive usually right into the last games of the season.

If you disagree with the concept then, of course it doesn't need saying, that's fine. But claiming something is grossly unfair when it clearly is anything but, I won't go along with that.

Out of interest; do you find American sports to be "unfair" when it comes to determining the winner? As i say, I don't think it compares well to the competition for the third promoted side, but interested to hear the views from someone who lives that side of the pond. I admit, I wouldn't like it for the English leagues to choose a winner by playoff. But for promotion, I just think it works. And if everyone knows the rules beforehand it can hardly be described as unfair IMO.

Sometimes you have to side with devil to get what you want. Derby are one of many teams that I now hate due to their play off victory over us. It's what football fans do collect a bunch of teams that have slighted their team along the way. Who still hates Everton, I know I do. I don't care about the way their fans acted against us, I still care that the beat us on pens. HR is one man, who I don't give a **** about either way.

Interesting one for me. Most of my life spent in derby. Friends from there aplenty. Redknapp vs their appalling attitude meant I couldn't give a **** whatsoever. More like a knowing joy either one will be relegated whilst we play good honest footie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great idea it would keep the prem league open most of the season

It's also irrelevant to whether you support or disagree with the principle of the playoffs for the third promoted side.

As I said earlier; it doesn't necessarily reward the team who have performed the best over the season. But I think it's a good system, everyone knows the rules beforehand, and it keeps most of the top half of the table competitive usually right into the last games of the season.

If you disagree with the concept then, of course it doesn't need saying, that's fine. But claiming something is grossly unfair when it clearly is anything but, I won't go along with that.

Out of interest; do you find American sports to be "unfair" when it comes to determining the winner? As i say, I don't think it compares well to the competition for the third promoted side, but interested to hear the views from someone who lives that side of the pond. I admit, I wouldn't like it for the English leagues to choose a winner by playoff. But for promotion, I just think it works. And if everyone knows the rules beforehand it can hardly be described as unfair IMO.

I suppose we all have our views on the fairness of it all. I can't see though, how the PL can really benefit from admitting the team that finishes 6th in the lower division into it's ranks. 6th. Seriously? I don't care if it's Saints or not, 6th place should not get any team anywhere.

I suppose we all have our views on the fairness of it all. I can't see though, how the PL can really benefit from admitting the team that finishes 6th in the lower division into it's ranks. 6th. Seriously? I don't care if it's Saints or not, 6th place should not get any team anywhere.

Fair enough, but it does. Those are the rules, and everyone knows it.

I think I would definitely feel different if all of the promotion places went to playoff. But they don't, the top 2 places (and top 3 in league 2) get their rewards. That third spot gets a little bit random but keeps the season alive for many more teams. I simply don't agree that's unfair.

Every mile back from the Derby playoff game, in the torrential rain, I was hoping for their classless northern monkey fans to be on the end of a result like this. I don't give a sh !t that it was a team managed by Harry Rednapp that gave it to them. Anyone on this thread that feels sorry for those Derby pr!cks wasn't there that day.

Edited by Guided Missile