Who is doing what?

Saint Garrett

Who is working where now and what are they doing? Please correct me where I'm wrong with my assumptions

Katrina - Is she just the owner? Does she have any real input in whats going on apart from signing them off?

Kruger - He's supposed to be in charge of raising the commercial side and communicating with the fans?

Hoffsetter - is he a proper employee? Finance bloke? Only time i've heard him mentioned is when he said the finances were in a mess - which they weren't particularly.

Rogers - The old CFO who is now the CEO? What does a CEO do? Would think this was a similar role to Chairman and Owner?

Reed - solely in charge of the footballing side of the club. Contracts, academy, players welbeing etc.

Then you have the management staff - Poch, Perez, a few other bods

Hunter - u21 manager? Is he doing this on his own now? Does he also deal with the 18s and 16s?

Seems to me that we have a few people at the top who don't seem to have a lot of experience in the game and at the moment are really struggling - don't know how to run a football club. I know Cortese was the same, he didn't have any football experience, but he was excellent at the job he did and it seems to me that he was doing all the jobs in Bold without anyone else really.

Kruger seems to talk a good game, but he seems to say an awful lot of nothing. Nice bloke maybe, but that doesnt get you results in this business. They need to act and act quickly because they're being made to look incredibly amateurish at the moment. That interview after the Man Utd game was just embarrassing.

Too many people in new roles with no experience.

Krueger has never been a Chairperson of any Sports team, certainly not in football.

Rogers has never been a CEO and oversaw the "difficult" financial situation and then was promoted and seemingly not responsible for it anymore :?

Hofsetter never involved in football and seems to not have a day to day involvement.

Would think Reed has become a lot more important in the new regime as he is the only football person around really.

Krueger etc may improve, but I get the feeling they were just very naive and will need to learn very quickly. As I said before, get Reed on the public speaking where football is concerned because RK is so cringeworthy.

Krueger etc may improve, but I get the feeling they were just very naive and will need to learn very quickly.

What are you basing this on? How does anyone on this forum know what's going on? The club doesn't have to do/say anything to appease its fan base.

What are you basing this on? How does anyone on this forum know what's going on?

That could answer 90% of the questions raised on here at the moment.

Of course the ultimate irony is that any fan should think they might know better, given that none of us (with the odd exception) have ever worked in the upper echelons of a football club before. And not that many more will have worked in the upper echelons of *any* multi-million pound company.

What are you basing this on? How does anyone on this forum know what's going on? The club doesn't have to do/say anything to appease its fan base.

Listen again to his 10min interview after the Man Utd game and tell me if he wasn't being naive.

It didnt come across like he really knew what he was talking about.

He has been thrust in front of cameras asking questions about an industry he is still learning.

If you say the wrong things then it has consequences and this has only increased press speculation.

Similar to Hofsetter's "difficult financial situation" comment.

In hindsight Im sure that would have been worded differently. But you don't get a second chance.

We've gone from one of best run PL clubs to a shambles in a few months.

If Kat felt she needed to sack Cortese, replacing him with an experienced football CEO (Purslow or Williams) was a must. Giving the roles to a former Ice Hockey coach with no experience of running any sports organisation and an accountant was never going to end well was it?

We've gone from one of best run PL clubs to a shambles in a few months.

If Kat felt she needed to sack Cortese, replacing him with an experienced football CEO (Purslow or Williams) was a must. Giving the roles to a former Ice Hockey coach with no experience of running any sports organisation and an accountant was never going to end well was it?

Two accountants, Hofstetter is a finance man, he's on the board of MALI as well. May have overmuch influence on KL for all I know.

It's amazing how so many of you can be judge and jury on people you've never met, based on nothing other than third hand information.

Actually, no, it's really not amazing... par for the course it seems.

It's amazing how so many of you can be judge and jury on people you've never met, based on nothing other than third hand information.

Actually, no, it's really not amazing... par for the course it seems.

I've met and spoken to Krueger and Rogers and heard their interviews also.

Can we not have an opinion? The club at the moment is a bit of a mess. Countless examples why aside from MP.

I've met and spoken to Krueger and Rogers and heard their interviews also.

Can we not have an opinion? The club at the moment is a bit of a mess. Countless examples why aside from MP.

Of course you can have an opinion, but it is better if it is informed in some way. I've seen little or no evidence for any of this 'shambles' people speak of yet.

MALI has been wound up hasn't it? (seems all of Kat's companies go this way...)

No not the core company, different direction I think with a completely new set of directors, of which Hofstetter is one. Seems

to be a bit more about investment than anything else .

I thought Kruger was basically in charge of the whole lot

He's the chairman, and in most businesses that wouldn't mean he's in charge of the lot. In most businesses, chairmen are non-executives who act as figureheads, chair the board (amazingly enough) and oversee the activities of the executives who actually run things. In football this is often not the case (Saints have only had one non-executive chairman that I can recall, and that was the unlamented Ken Dulieu). In Saints' case I'd expect the CEO to run the business side of things on a day-to-day basis, the Sporting Director (or whatever Reed's title is) to run the football side of things, and for them both to report to the board, which consists of them plus the other three (Liebherr, Krueger and Hofsetter). That's assuming, of course, that the last two have essentially non-exec roles, and I've seen nothing stating otherwise.

If Krueger's role is as a non-executive figurehead who is looking to beef up the commercial side of things, then I wouldn't expect him to take any part in the day-to-day running of the club. I guess we've got so accustomed to all-powerful executive chairmen (Lowe and Cortese being good examples) that we automatically expect any chairman to be in the same mould.

No not the core company, different direction I think with a completely new set of directors, of which Hofstetter is one. Seems

to be a bit more about investment than anything else .

Can you point me in the direction of any information about this MALI that is meant to exist? It appears pretty much invisible to Google. (if you type it in the first result you get is a thread about it on this forum....)