Back the board

yorkshiresaint

Rarely post, however listening to the interview on Solent, I think it's about time we all man/woman up and get behind our board.

MP was offered a contract, MP didn't want it, MP won't be in English football in 12 months, SFC will be.

Once a Saint, always a Saint!

Que the abuse!

On the fence right now. Been there for a while and it's starting to hurt a little.

Since Cortese left we haven't signed anyone (January or now) or even really had much speculation about it, just had a bunch of press-related turmoil about players leaving, Dodd and Williams removed and now the manager walk out on us with all his coaching staff. There hasn't actually been anything positive yet other than board appointments.

So I'm waiting to see what they're going to do and what kind of expectations we should have as fans. Big crossroads moment, investment to push on from where we are or attempting to consolidate? I'm sure something positive WILL happen sometime, but to me it's a question not so much of WHEN they will give us something positive (new manager, signings, targets) but how ambitious they're going to be. Until then we're just sitting and waiting to see what kind of expectation level we're going to have for the next few years. Pivotal moment.

I don't really have a problem with MP going. The fact he paid his own 2M clause in his contract shows how determined he was to get out so whatever the board said I don't think they could have kept him. They have been f##king awful at releasing a statement to give confidence. I think we took for granted NC's transparency when he was here and now we seem to have taken a step backwards - but perhaps KL just does business differently?

I don't really have a problem with MP going. The fact he paid his own 2M clause in his contract shows how determined he was to get out so whatever the board said I don't think they could have kept him. They have been f##king awful at releasing a statement to give confidence. I think we took for granted NC's transparency when he was here and now we seem to have taken a step backwards - but perhaps KL just does business differently?
We took NC's transparency for granted did we? Thanks for telling us.

I'll back the board when they give me something to back.

At the moment talk is cheap,nothing positive has happened at the club since they took over.

Heres hoping to a bright future.

This exactly; the board haven't done anything to back. They need to act quickly (before the world cup) and appoint a quality manager. Then I'm sure they will be backed. What they don't need is to be criticized without being given a chance.

NC - Transparent. Black - White???????

Cortese's transparency?

All I can remember is the Cult of Cortese hero worshippers whipping themselves into rapture about "how we do our business in private" and "why should we tell anyone anything" when our leader refused to speak. Cortese was about as transparent as a Sherman Tank.

The only time he actually spoke out was to spread his pie-in-the-sky "vision" stuff, which was the opposite of transparency, it was misleading.

What statement could they have made to give you confidence that would not have been dismissed as "just talk" by the the Grandees of this forum?