Demonstration

stevy777_x

Let´s say club sells all our prized assets: Shaw Lallana Schneiderlin Lambert Lovren Wanyama etc...

Would you go to Saint Mary's this off season to voice your feelings?

Yes KL owns the club but doesn t mean she can asset strip the club. That s just not right.

I know nothing has happened YET but there is no smoke without fire.

Press were reporting MP leaving it has happened so I would not disregard the rest being totally false

Let´s say club sells all our prized assets: Shaw Lallana Schneiderlin Lambert Lovren Wanyama etc...

Yes KL owns the club but doesn t mean she can asset strip the club. That s just not right.

Press were reporting MP leaving it has happened so I would not disregard the rest being totally false

No one will be there, it's the off-season.

Also, does it not depend who they are replaced with?

Demonstrate about what?

Have you considered waiting until you know who the new manager is and what players we bring in to replace any that leave?

Can you really begrudge Lambert wanting to join Liverpool? He is 32 and this is his last chance of a big move in his career. He'll get a large wage, Champions League football and a fairytale move back to the club he supports after being rejected as a teenager. As long as a fee is agreed it is a move Lambert would never turn down, no matter what Saints did.

This is also a terrible phrase...

there is no smoke without fire

Rapist.

stevy777_x how would you like to be wrongly accused of rape and then someone say "oh, well there is no smoke without fire".

God. Student politics, basically. Spare me.

I remember being at uni and the student union voting to write letters to various world leaders, print placards and march down various streets and sing chants.

Pathetic, self-indulgent, "look at me" nonsense - but for 18-21 year olds, in all fairness.

Anyone older than that has no excuse at all, though.

Blaming the wrong people!

The club have made it clear that they wished to keep MP and all our star players, but if a bigger club comes along and turns their head, that's it. Has always been that way and always will.

We're basically just victims of our own success.

To a certain extent, you're right we are victims of our own success. However all of the players linked with moves away are under contract. There would have nothing stopping Krueger saying to the players that there is nothing we can do to stop Poch going (assuming he had a £2m buy out clause) however none of you are up for sale and we intend to keep all of you so we won't entertain bids for you. It would have least sent a clear message to the players & their agents.

I think the point the OP was trying to make was that assuming we sell 8-9 of our main players this summer, we get a new manager who underwhelms and new signings look thin on the ground and of lesser quality then are we just going to sit there as a fanbase and allow KL to carry out what will be a plan to asset strip? Or are we going to make our voices heard? It may be that the first game of the season is too late.

"Man cross because another man with no loyalty to company A goes to work for company B shock horror"

This should get a load of headlines in the press. How dare people go to work for a bigger company with better prospects and for more money when Stevey doesn't want them to. Should be illegal. Do what Stevey says for FFS sake

Anyone think now we should have possibly gone for it in the cups rather than pursue a "well, the higher up you finish the stronger you are to build for next season" approach?

Just a thought.

I would have thought the same people who couldn't give a sh1t about the cups must be happy with so much speculation of money coming in. After all it's what the game is about these days and the dinosaurs of the past just don't get this,

Demonstrate about what?

Our manager leaving was inevitable after Cortese left and our striker at the twilight of his career leaves to join his boyhood team with a chance of playing in the CL. What could have been done differently by the club?

Anyone think now we should have possibly gone for it in the cups rather than pursue a "well, the higher up you finish the stronger you are to build for next season" approach?

Just a thought.

Because a cup winners medal with saints would of course stop a player from going to a bigger club with more chance of winning additional medals in future and hugely increasing their salary. Really?

Because a cup winners medal with saints would of course stop a player from going to a bigger club with more chance of winning additional medals in future and hugely increasing their salary. Really?

Did he say that?

Would have made departures a lot easier to take knowing we had something tangible from the good times.

No.

But we fans might have had a trip to Wembley.

It was the "League is best" people that said a higher place finish was a better foundation than a cup run.

Just a thought.

That message currently reverberating round the world that we are a massive and strong club due to our 8th rather than cup final and 11th finish shows no sign waning.

I think a demonstration is a great idea and really important if we are to have our voices heard. We need something powerful that sends a message. How about if we all dress up as clowns for the first home game?

The club have made it clear that they wished to keep MP and all our star players, but if a bigger club comes along and turns their head, that's it. Has always been that way and always will.

MP resigned as he had no guarantees of keeping his team as well as being made an offer by Spurs, who right now look like they have an outstanding Board compared to ours!!!!

I think a demonstration is a great idea and really important if we are to have our voices heard. We need something powerful that sends a message. How about if we all dress up as clowns for the first home game?

Too late - that will be time to get behind the team - it has to be at SMS before any further damage is done. I predict it will happen when Lallana is sold when Liverpool make Krueger et al look like chumps again by saying if we don't sell they will look elsewhere.

If they sell all those players then yes there should be a peaceful demonstration urging them to put the club up for sale as they clearly will have illustrated they merely want to asset strip saints. Personally I'm still hoping they are just naive and the lambert debacle will make them realise they have to dig their heels in and resist all bids rather than acting as the facilitators of moves.

If they sell all those players then yes there should be a peaceful demonstration urging them to put the club up for sale as they clearly will have illustrated they merely want to asset strip saints. Personally I'm still hoping they are just naive and the lambert debacle will make them realise they have to dig their heels in and resist all bids rather than acting as the facilitators of moves.

I agree and hope for the same - my faith is with Les Reed on this, he needs to get a manager to steady the ship like Moyes and then make a clear statement saying we're not selling unless the manager says so. Krueger has no credibility now.

MP resigned as he had no guarantees of keeping his team as well as being made an offer by Spurs, who right now look like they have an outstanding Board compared to ours!!!!

You don't know the circumstances of Pochettino's departure - I think he was a goner in January because he wanted to be somewhere else, and I suspect that time will show that he left some hand grenades behind with the pins pulled. Kruger continually referring to him by his surname (so unusual for Krueger) suggests that there's a ton of nasty stuff that may or may not see the light of day.

As far as the two boards are concerned, let's not forget that the Spurs board DID sell the family silver and then DID p*ss away most of the proceeds. You just think that ours are going to do the same thing. And that's forgetting about the managerial firings. If that's what you mean by "outstanding ... compared to ours", we probably agree.

You don't know the circumstances of Pochettino's departure - I think he was a goner in January because he wanted to be somewhere else, and I suspect that time will show that he left some hand grenades behind with the pins pulled. Kruger continually referring to him by his surname (so unusual for Krueger) suggests that there's a ton of nasty stuff that may or may not see the light of day.

As far as the two boards are concerned, let's not forget that the Spurs board DID sell the family silver and then DID p*ss away most of the proceeds. You just think that ours are going to do the same thing. And that's forgetting about the managerial firings. If that's what you mean by "outstanding ... compared to ours", we probably agree.

I think it fairer to say MP would have found it much harder to leave if Cortese had been here and he could have kept his players and - hey - even had some investment for new ones. And yes, I meant that Spurs Board was and are a joke - but within 24 hours ours have shown they can't even sell a player at the right price... and that they have an integrity problem and have lost the overwhelming support of the fan base. Its undeniable.

I think it fairer to say MP would have found it much harder to leave if Cortese had been here and he could have kept his players and - hey - even had some investment for new ones. And yes, I meant that Spurs Board was and are a joke - but within 24 hours ours have shown they can't even sell a player at the right price... and that they have an integrity problem and have lost the overwhelming support of the fan base. Its undeniable.

I agree that things would have been much different if Cortese had been here but I'm also of the opinion that Cortese was unsustainable because his modus operandi became unacceptable to the owners - and would soon have become unacceptable to new owners if Katharina had opted to sell the club instead of sincerely trying to make things better. As I said, I also think Pochettino (whether Cortese had a hand in it or not) left behind some impending major problems. We'll soon see if that was as self-serving as most of MP's recent conduct - if Spurs come after any of our players.

Ironically, Rickie would (allegedly) have been gone in the January window were it not for Katharina & Co, and now they're getting butchered for selling him in May. The price is another issue but it's clear that Rickie forced their hand - which, in itself, drove his price down.

What I'm saying is that there's so damn much we don't know, so jumping to conclusions about them and their capabilities is flat-out wrong. Protesting is asinine.

Tried posting this earlier in the week but TalkSport (drive time?) said Poch started talking to Levy 3 weeks ago, or right before the Man U match. Poch then pushed the onus onto the board saying they must match his ambition, even though he was already on his way to North London. This and Rickie pushing his own transfer is putting a lot of unnecessary blame on the board.

• 1 month later...
Started this thread 2 months ago. Now that the sale of all our best players have nearly all happened, is a protest on the agenda to make our feelings known. How about after the Leverkusen game?

What are you going to protest about? Football players being sold between football clubs? What do you expect it to achieve?

Edited by Sour Mash

This couldn't be a worse idea. Koeman doesn't want anybody rockin the ship and my assumption is he's comfortable selling the Cortese/Poch hangovers to build a stronger cohesive unit. One not built on empty promises. If we lose the first 10, protest away but let's agree to wait till the beginning of September before we embarrass ourselves.

Exactly, if anyone is to blame it is the premier league its self, in addition the fair play or so called fair play works against us simply because it is based on percentages and will therefore mean that any of the top seven will always be in an ever growing position to take our best players. Demonstrations are not always the best way, however, those who demonstrated against poll tax were pretty successful, I have suggested on another post that a walk out at half time would have much greater affect, simply because it would be highlighted on television and my hope would be to unite other fans from other clubs outside the top seven; I did write to the premier league yesterday and got an immediate response today from there supporters arm, much to my surprise, however, I do believe the amount of first team players we have lost must have beaten any previous records and is down to money and money alone, the C.L. is a bunch of cxxp, what the bottom line is that the top seven are building higher and greater walls against any club making natural progress into this elite club, unless of course you are another Man City and very smart on how the money is spent or made, I will respond to the e-mail I received and if any of you have any constructive comments for me to forward on then of course I would be happy to do so; but I am of the firm belief that this is the way forward, but again if any of you disagree I will listen of course, but this is the time to unite for our club not to come on here with sarcastic remarks.