Osvaldo - Where will he end up?

Saint Rees

I really hope that he actually comes back, cap in hand, apologises and he plays for the team.

He has the talent for sure but this wasn't an isolated incident that could be patched up - he has deeper seated attitude issues which means you cant rely on him.

With WC out of the way and no Juventus calling and turning his head I think he might be different now.

I really think he got his head turned when he heard of Juves interest, ask for a transfer but was denied it and took the matters in his own hands....(or head)

Where will he end up? Wherever the board sees him contributing more towards the club in the way of value. The manager might also have a say, and I assume that when arriving from Europe you might be more prepared to forgive Osvaldo's appalling behaviour and invest some time into harnessing his insane ability. Would this approach pay dividends? I can't help but be pessimistic, though am more than happy to be proved wrong when all our decent strikers seem to be absent right now.

don't really have a choice do we? no clubs want him at our price.

at the time, he was shifted in a bid to maintain our strong squad bond and harmony. but I highly doubt there will be any semblance of squad unity left after most of our key players leave.

i have a nasty feeling, with the board's performance of late, he'll be our starting forward next season. the club will probably be 'content' with SG, jayrod and him as our only available strikers, and focus more on replacing adz and shaw. i have learnt to lower my expectations after the turn of events this week.

don't really have a choice do we? no clubs want him at our price.

at the time, he was shifted in a bid to maintain our strong squad bond and harmony. but I highly doubt there will be any semblance of squad unity left after most of our key players leave.

i have a nasty feeling, with the board's performance of late, he'll be our starting forward next season. the club will probably be 'content' with SG, jayrod and him as our only available strikers, and focus more on replacing adz and shaw. i have learnt to lower my expectations after the turn of events this week.

Sharp, Osvaldo, Mayuka what's not to like.............no point is wasting good money when you have such prolific PL goalscorers as those 3 at your disposition.

Window your irony is not lost or unfounded but that isn't too far from a reasonable solution.

Osvaldo is the Italy No 9 and a has the pedigree to be a top class striker, without the attitude we wouldn't have got near him. He is still ours and with no Lambert around he may just do the trick.

If our new manager is Moyes then no doubt he'll be back in the fold. Mayuka and Sharp should either be played or shipped out, I have doubts whether either can make it in the Premier league but they are way better than Gallagher.

But for a moment lets assume we get a Benteke or Lukuka in (probably not them but the equivalent) add that to Osvaldo and JRod... well we've had worse.

Window your irony is not lost or unfounded but that isn't too far from a reasonable solution.

Osvaldo is the Italy No 9 and a has the pedigree to be a top class striker, without the attitude we wouldn't have got near him. He is still ours and with no Lambert around he may just do the trick.

If our new manager is Moyes then no doubt he'll be back in the fold. Mayuka and Sharp should either be played or shipped out, I have doubts whether either can make it in the Premier league but they are way better than Gallagher.

But for a moment lets assume we get a Benteke or Lukuka in (probably not them but the equivalent) add that to Osvaldo and JRod... well we've had worse.

Osvaldo isn't the italy number 9, he's not even in their 30, Mayuka is awful....but Billy Sharp woooah.

Osvaldo could come good and I still have a lot of time for Billy Sharp. we have to hope that Jayrod gets back to his best and we buy in a couple of good strikers.

Moyes would be a good manager and a good alternative to Hoddle.

I went to type Osvaldo into my tablet and it spell check changed it to invalid. Just sayin'.

Seriously, I'd really love him to get his **** together, come back and take the PL by storm. Can't see it happening though.

The plan seems to be coming together nicely. Osvaldo's deal is that all of the players he upset when he nutted Jose will be sold so that Dani can come back in glory and save Southampton Saints from looking like a laughing stock. Poch has already been shown the door along with all of the coaches who made Dani's life so hard by making him train. Lambert going to Liverpool, Lallana as well and Shaw off to Manure. That just leaves Fonte, and he can go to Hell, sorry Hull. All of the other guys are cool about Jonny Depp returning, Jos thinks he's a nice guy and Artur is OK as he will get his smoking mate back.

Welcome back Dani, full pre-season with no world cup commitments and you will be raring to go.

I really hope that he actually comes back, cap in hand, apologises and he plays for the team.

You seriously think he will? he thinks hes far to big a star to play for little Southampton