Appalling show of commitment from our players

Unbelievable Jeff

I know this is something is something I shouldn't be surprised about, but **** me, our players are ungrateful bastards aren't they? I cannot understand why they have such little commitment to SFC, yet such undivided loyalty to a manager who was happy to up sticks and leave them at the first opportunity.

If you don't want to be here, then fine, you can leave, but one of these days karma will kick them straight in the balls. Last time Lovren played for a big club, he flopped. Lallana will find playing time hard to come by. Poch will be sacked by this time next year.

I am 100% behind the board and the club, and we don't need prima donna's with ideas above their station here.

Good ****ing riddance.

Aren't you being a tad dramatic? Nothing has actually happened as yet, Lovren is with Croatia in Brazil, so he's hardly likely to be pratting around putting in transfer requests. His focus will be on the Croatian campaign.

I read last week that you can ignore anything you read in the Echo, Mail and Mirror as they are clueless.

So before I go hysterical, I'm just going to wait until something concrete actually happens.

Aren't you being a tad dramatic? Nothing has actually happened as yet, Lovren is with Croatia in Brazil, so he's hardly likely to be pratting around putting in transfer requests. His focus will be on the Croatian campaign.

I don't know 100% if this Lovren story is true or not, but it takes 30 seconds to send an email. And when you've hours and hours on your hands during a World Cup campaign, the idea of a player sending one email isn't particularly strange.

I don't know 100% if this Lovren story is true or not, but it takes 30 seconds to send an email. And when you've hours and hours on your hands during a World Cup campaign, the idea of a player sending one email isn't particularly strange.

he wouldnt have sent it I doubt.

would have been his reps

Maybe save it until something actually happens?

Well it sounds like he has definitely handed in a transfer request, various journos are now saying it. If you read (and believe) Adam Blackmore, Lallana will also be handing in a transfer request.

I will wait and see what happens, I have been all summer in regards to the board and a new manager, I just think this seems like it's true (to those saying he wouldn't do it during the World Cup, this was done 2 weeks ago).

It just shows an appaling example in front of younger players and kids.

I read last week that you can ignore anything you read in the Echo, Mail and Mirror as they are clueless.

So before I go hysterical, I'm just going to wait until something concrete actually happens.

Request was made 2 weeks ago apparently.

I know this is something is something I shouldn't be surprised about, but **** me, our players are ungrateful bastards aren't they? I cannot understand why they have such little commitment to SFC, yet such undivided loyalty to a manager who was happy to up sticks and leave them at the first opportunity.

If you don't want to be here, then fine, you can leave, but one of these days karma will kick them straight in the balls. Last time Lovren played for a big club, he flopped. Lallana will find playing time hard to come by. Poch will be sacked by this time next year.

I am 100% behind the board and the club, and we don't need prima donna's with ideas above their station here.

Good ****ing riddance.

The best post this summer by far. The likes of shaw lallana lovren and any others that want away so soon after the progress we made this year are an absolute joke! Anyone with an ounce of sense knows they will leave and they can only be described as greedy b*stards. If it wasn't for the money they would at least stay another year out of respect and to see where we are this time next year before jumping ship for the extra millions! Football has become a complete joke and it is purely our deep love for the club that keeps us following it at all! !!

Do you say the same about players leaving clubs to come to Saints? Or managers doing that? Or people n other jobs changing jobs? Its our club so we love it blah blah, but most players and managers dont have much natural emotional attachment to the club, only what they get from working there and being treated well.

I hate the Daily Mail, but I also know that the article is written as fact. If this is the case I would be surprised asllif it wasn't true as they could be done for libel for this one.

yeah i was being facetious sry, i think it's true also.

Well said that man! 100% agree.

[regarding jeffs post]

Enhanced contracts should be conditional on repayment of increased salary if transfer requests are made before contract is up. These contracts are obviously so fragile they are practically worthless in terms of keeping players unless our club is firm in what a contract means. Doesn't help that we showed such weakness in the case of SRL. This has sent all the wrong messages out to both our players and prospective suitors.... Wake up Board and send out a defiant message! As this hadn't happened apart from a wooly 'the new manager will decide' up to now has brought about this mess. Completely blame the board for not informing it's employees of the plan and thereby ensuring a bright future for them.... The mess they have allowed to happen has left the top players insecure about the future - Why wouldn't they tout around their CVs it's entirely logical....

I don't give a sh!t anymore in all honesty. I'm tired of stressing about things out of our control. Put simply if they aren't committed then they can ***** off.

I'm a big fan of Cortese but by god are we paying for over promising when we signed them.

That's not hysterical by any means. It's my interpretation of a few of our players obviously lacking and commitment to our club.

Lack of loyalty annoys me immensely but it is a dangerous game allowing all those wanting out to leave, even if the fee is right.

If we let Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert all go then the turnaround of players is going to be ridiculous. I'd hope the likes of Lovren and Schneiderlin can be persuaded for one more season at least and give us time to find adequate replacements if they really are insistent on going. Length of their contracts puts us in a strong position on that front.

Lack of loyalty annoys me immensely but it is a dangerous game allowing all those wanting out to leave, even if the fee is right.

If we let Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert all go then the turnaround of players is going to be ridiculous. I'd hope the likes of Lovren and Schneiderlin can be persuaded for one more season at least and give us time to find adequate replacements if they really are insistent on going. Length of their contracts puts us in a strong position on that front.

Let's put it this way, we have 6 (or 7) WC players just now, come the end of August I'll be surprised if we have even one, unless we appoint a really top manager and back him with real money. Don't think that's going to happen though, we've set out our stall, academy route 1.............

I hate the Daily Mail, but I also know that the article is written as fact. If this is the case I would be surprised asllif it wasn't true as they could be done for libel for this one.

Just looked at the Mail Online article and you're absolutely right - the article is written as a statement of fact and, if it wasn't true, would be liable for defamation on Lovren's behalf.

This is hugely disappointing for us fans but, looking on the bright side, at least he had the guts to formally hand in a transfer request.

I suppose this is going to mean Liverpool bidding a fiver down and a pound a week trying to eke out their budget. Unless they are going to give Southampton their whole budget they won't be buying too many of our players. Probably haven't worked that out yet.

I suppose this is going to mean Liverpool bidding a fiver down and a pound a week trying to eke out their budget. Unless they are going to give Southampton their whole budget they won't be buying too many of our players. Probably haven't worked that out yet.

Probably just adding a few items to their virtual cart to be confirmed and transacted when they sell Suarez. Once Real get their hooks into a player they just do not let up.

The scallies are trying to force through these deals on the cheap before Suarez fooks off for billions knowing asking prices will then escalate when they go shopping. Hold fire Saints, we've got all the aces, they're all under long contracts, make them all sweat.

Probably just adding a few items to their virtual cart to be confirmed and transacted when they sell Suarez. Once Real get their hooks into a player they just do not let up.

They seem to be having the same problem reaching agreement with Seville. If Suarez goes it doesn't matter who they buy they will struggle to finish top six. Either way they aren't going to get anybody from us without paying over the odds.

What do you expect? It's not just our players, it's every player in the modern game. They're all greedy ****s being represented by greedy ****s. Is it really any wonder that the game is in such a mess when clubs have to shell out more than their turnover in players wages.

I am 100% behind the board and the club, and we don't need prima donna's with ideas above their station here. Good ****ing riddance.

Oh, I wish I'd said that ! It's cheered me up no end, Jeff.

They are ungrateful c*nts the lot of em. Lambert could have waited until after the World Cup but no, he ****s off at the first opportunity. Lallana and Shaw could keep their mouths shut but no, they make it crystal clear they want to play for someone else, they don't give a toss about the fans.

I want England to do well but it will give me a little bit of pleasure watching the useless overpaid prima donnas get dumped out by Cost Rica.

What do you expect? It's not just our players, it's every player in the modern game. They're all greedy ****s being represented by greedy ****s. Is it really any wonder that the game is in such a mess when clubs have to shell out more than their turnover in players wages.

Not to mention managers, how managers is that now that have quit on their job before the end of their contract in the vague hope of getting a better job this summer. A few of them have been linked to us even, Tuchel,Yakin,Koeman perhaps even Mancini, none of them seem to have been sacked, just quit in the hope of finding pastures new.

Just looked at the Mail Online article and you're absolutely right - the article is written as a statement of fact and, if it wasn't true, would be liable for defamation on Lovren's behalf.

This is hugely disappointing for us fans but, looking on the bright side, at least he had the guts to formally hand in a transfer request.

Not so sure that everything reported as fact is indeed true. Kevin Pietersen has today been very public in calling out the Sun cricket correspondent who stated that so peeved is KP with the ECB that he has returned the gifts presented to him when he reached 100 test caps. He has been posting photos of himself with afore-mentioned gifts.

Let's just see shall we?

Even if he has submitted a transfer, Liverpool have to not only match our valuation but pay it in more than easy to pay weekly instalments. Liverpool must think we are a branch of Brighthouse

If I was a player I'd be questioning what the ****s going on, and with the lack of communication and urgency probably look to leave. Can't blame them considering..

If I was a player I might wait to find out and not act the prima donna ...esp when preparing for a major tournament. The comms have been pretty regular, fair and consistent. And, when made they are received well (for 24 hours at least)

Good ****ing riddance.

Well said! I think there's just been too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Players want it both ways: play rubbish, and the club has to honour their contract; play well, and the contract is (apparently) meaningless.

If I was a player I'd be questioning what the ****s going on, and with the lack of communication and urgency probably look to leave. Can't blame them considering..

You can blame them - they all know that the appointment of a manager is imminent, and the club have said several times that they have funds available to improve the squad, without anyone leaving. There's been nothing but investment in the squad and facilities since the Liebherr family have owned us; it's not like they've got a record of cashing in - not at all. Lallana is particularly disappointing considering his previous statements, and as captain. There was a chance of the club really progressing, IF the players had just committed to staying together - you wonder how much stirring MP was doing.

It just tells you that you are better off buying older players that are on their way down like Stoke, so none of the big clubs want to buy them! And the FA wonder why we don't produce many English players - what's the incentive for any club outside the top 4 or 5 teams, when even the England manager is encouraging them to leave? It's best for us if none of our players get called up for their national teams.

Lol, and he was one the one accusing others of panicking needlessly a couple of weeks back. Brilliant. There's plenty more to come from this sh**heap of a club.

What the hell? This **** heap of a club? You've come across a right wet fanny these last few weeks, like a spoilt little boy

As far as the board of SFC is concerned it is a case of " Nero fiddled as Rome burned "

Sooner or later Southampton have to tell players no or we don't progress - ever.

Now is that time. We are never going to have as many good players on long contracts. We must stand firm and not allow the teams we can catch and challenge like Liverpool to rip us apart.

If we don't do it football will never change. I still believe we would have none of this if Cortese was here. But I also believe much of this is rubbish. Utter rubbish the media are peddling.

I agree with the post above - STAND FIRM LES. STAND FIRM. IF PLAYERS REFUSE TO PLAY LET THEM SUFFER - our motto has to be "we reward loyalty with loyalty".

Sooner or later Southampton have to tell players no or we don't progress - ever.

Now is that time. We are never going to have as many good players on long contracts. We must stand firm and not allow the teams we can catch and challenge like Liverpool to rip us apart.

If we don't do it football will never change. I still believe we would have none of this if Cortese was here. But I also believe much of this is rubbish. Utter rubbish the media are peddling.

I agree with the post above - STAND FIRM LES. STAND FIRM. IF PLAYERS REFUSE TO PLAY LET THEM SUFFER - our motto has to be "we reward loyalty with loyalty".

hold on. what if s****horpe said no when we asked adkins, what if bristol rovers said no to lambert, colchester with hammond, burnley with jrod

its the cycle of football

I bet you wont be too bothered about burnley if we sign their star striker AGAIN!!!