Nicky Banger joins Woking

gogo_saint

Became a bit of a super sub (And a hit with the ladies) I remember him scoring the winner against Liverpool from the bench.

Always thought he would push on, but it never happened for him.

I think he had links with Eastleigh and Aldershot as well.

Was fairly popular here, despite never really hitting first team quality. As said above, he was a regular sub and was seriously quick, which always guaranteed some crowd excitement. Unfortunately, as I posted about Mayuka when he first played, Banger was rocket fast but he seemed to forget to take the ball with him sometimes...

Saw him play many times, as said above he was quick and a little tricky, although never quite made it at the top level after showing promise. Remember him being quite popular as I think he is a local lad. Good to see him involved with football still and good luck to him in his new role.

Didn't he score a hat-trick against Rochdale in the League Cup on his first-team debut?

yes he did, i Went to the first leg ( which we won 5-0) on Foleys coach , midnight departure from the polygon, greasy spoon at the crack of dawn in Blackpool followed by an all day session..those were the Days my friend :-) As for banger was it him who scored a 9 minute hatrick v skate reserves? or was that the apparent one for the future mark peters? also who remembers cosomo sarli??

also who remembers cosomo sarli??

Saw him a few times in the reserves but never made the first team. Just looked him up on Wikipedia and, after leaving us, had a long career in Serie B, C2 and D.

Edited by ecuk268

yes he did, i Went to the first leg ( which we won 5-0) on Foleys coach , midnight departure from the polygon, greasy spoon at the crack of dawn in Blackpool followed by an all day session..those were the Days my friend :-) As for banger was it him who scored a 9 minute hatrick v skate reserves? or was that the apparent one for the future mark peters? also who remembers cosomo sarli??

I went to the home leg and saw him score a hat trick on is debut, and as someone else mentioned it was hoped he'd be the next Steve Moran, but it didn't pan out that way.

On the subject of Woking, wasn't Glen Cockeril manager there? is he still there?

I grew up on the same estate as Nicky and his Family(Mansbridge), attented the same schools as him (same year) played with and against him. He was very good but at times thought he was better, had his chance but attitude blew it. Alan Ball liked him but not his (and others) New Yorks New Yorks Night Life. He still to this day thinks his Sh1t don`t stink. Shame as it could have been so much better.