Are we the preverbial poison chalice for managers...

SOTONS EAST SIDE

I would say the opposite, very attractive job and probably a lot of good applicants that is making it difficult to select. Like Saint Armstrong says, it hasn't done AP or MP bad and even raised Nigels profile. One thing for sure though, when the appointments made there will be a lot of bedwetters predicting doom and gloom.

As it seems no one wants, or finds the job/package attractive enough to take a punt.. Thoughts...

On what is that based? Les Reed has said they have a preferred candidate and are in the process of doing the paperwork with him.

Do these random musings people keep having really require their own threads each time a Saints fan goes into an unsubstantiated panic?

I was wondering re the thread title threas

If Ted Bates was still around , would he have gone to another club if offered another managerial position

or would he have genuinely stayed with saints

One thing is for sure they dont make many managers Like Ted Bates anymore

A gentleman and a scholar. who I had the pleasure to meet on a number of occasions

It's a fantastic job for whoever takes it. If the players leave then he can claim there was nothing he could do to stop them but he'll get the cash to spend on building his own team, if they stay he'll be thought of as the man eh kept our big names.

It's arguably the best time ever to take the saints job. A fan base whose ambitions have been tempered after the pipe dreams and lies of the previous CEO and not the intense pressure of unrealistic targets that said CEO claimed. a progressive club with a fantastic board behind him and the chance of a clean slate to build his own team with a potentially huge budget. You have to ask who would be stupid enough not to want it.

I was wondering re the thread title threas

If Ted Bates was still around , would he have gone to another club if offered another managerial position

or would he have genuinely stayed with saints

One thing is for sure they dont make many managers Like Ted Bates anymore

A gentleman and a scholar. who I had the pleasure to meet on a number of occasions

Why don't you buy some putty and make a statue of him using your feet then? ;) Been done already?

Spurs are the poison chalice club, as Pochettino is going to find out by Christmas if they aren't in the top four. We are one of the best club prospects for a manager in the Premier League. Ridiculous of the OP to even think along these lines.

Lol at the bedwetters reaction to this thread. And FU^ u two try to tar me with a poopey brush u turds...

The only bedwetting on this thread so far is its initial suggestion that nobody will be prepared to take the job of Saints manager.

As it seems no one wants, or finds the job/package attractive enough to take a punt.. Thoughts...

**** it if no else wants the job I'll take it. Ok I'll probably do a terrible job and I'm not sure I'd be a big name that some of the fans want but I'd be well chuffed to be saints manager. Plus when I inevitably get sacked I'll be quids in...................unless I turn out to be really good in which case I'll **** of to spurs first chance I get:D

Who was the last manager to leave spurs and go onto bigger things? I seriously can't think of anyone who didn't leave with a reputation in tatters!

On the other hand I can list plenty who have led saints with their stock high in recent years, so no we are not a poison chalice we are a great opportunity for anyone interested which is why the board will have had alot of applicants to sift throught!

OMFG!! Thank goodness for the World Cup without it I really think this board would explode. All our players are handing in transfer requests via faxes, email,text or face to face. No one wants to manage us & our owner wants to sell everything.

Meanwhile over in the real world ...

other than Man U, Arse and Everton think our record on managers is similar to many others, however I also believe that whoever takes the job could be on a hiding to nothing from the fans as they have a tough act/season to be compared with

No more than any other club. An interview, a month or so back, cited that the average lifespan of a Prem. manager was only .......13 months. ** Impatient Chairmen everywhere.

but for Saints ...since 2009-10

Alan Pardew (14 months) (sacked for some sort of "disciplinary reason) ",

Nigel Adkins (27 months) then sacked. (difficult to argue) as I thought he'd lost the Prem. League plot somewhere before Christmas.

Mauricio Pochettino (16 months) .....then quit after seeing pastures new - and a bigger stadium.

Looking at the recent history of some other current Prem. clubs... we're a bit above the average. However, perhaps rather more of a " Golden Fleece " than a poison chalice, I think.

Because it's interesting to note that all three " fell on their feet " so to speak, as all found new employers quite quickly.

Alan Pardew is currently only part way into an 8 year contract at Newcastle.

Reading will certainly continue to support NA, who only missed a play-off spot on goal difference.

As for Senor Pochettino.....I await with baited breath to see how much of his 5 year contract he'll serve before Mr. Levy tires of him..

Edited by david in sweden

Lol at the bedwetters reaction to this thread. And FU^ u two try to tar me with a poopey brush u turds...

]

Wow. Someone who doesn't know what is meant by 'poison chalice', reacts to the virtually 100% of responses telling him to Grip Up by calling THEM 'bedwetters'.

It can't be half term already, can it?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Ronald Koeman!!?