England v Uruguay

Batman

Start Lambert and Lallana over Rooney and Wellbeck - they've been playing together for years, they know each other's games inside out, I'd love to see Lallana crossing for a Lambert back post header. It's worked about a million times before, why not now?

And Rooney and Welbeck haven't been playing together for years ?

Maybe keeping Adam and Luke on the bench will improve the chance of them remaining Saints players...

Perhaps.. it will certainly lower their perceived value, interested clubs seem to be looking elsewhere as well anyway. I don't even think those 2 are the principal targets within the club anyway, just the most publicised. No doubt other dealings are going on far from the popular press spotlight. We'll find out more as teams begin to be eliminated from the WC, probably starting with England or Uruguay. I read yesterday that Inter want to take Osvaldo on loan for next season with an option to buy which we seem to be fixing at about 11 million €.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Sorry to say I didn't feel the surge of pride that I should have done when Lallana came on late in the Italy game. Still hoping England survive the group section but for me the pleasure of the Saints' link has been soured by Lambert leaving and the want away stories. I feel bad about this but I almost hope none of them get on the pitch tomorrow.

Sorry to say I didn't feel the surge of pride that I should have done when Lallana came on late in the Italy game. Still hoping England survive the group section but for me the pleasure of the Saints' link has been soured by Lambert leaving and the want away stories. I feel bad about this but I almost hope none of them get on the pitch tomorrow.

Don't understand all this pride in our players in England squads stuff really. They're not the first, they won't be the last, they're just good players selected for their country.

Supporters have nothing to do with that really. Played no part in their development, you just pay to watch them.

Don't understand all this pride in our players in England squads stuff really. They're not the first, they won't be the last, they're just good players selected for their country.

Supporters have nothing to do with that really. Played no part in their development, you just pay to watch them.

I understand it completely, I feel the same as professor. Not to the point of not wanting them to play but certainly lacking the excitement I felt when they were included in the squad.

Guess we just feel a different connection to the club and players.

My post infers neither pleasure or displeasure should such events transpire.

Get a grip u big girls blouse

Let's see who has a "grip" on things tomorrow, shall we?

Or who has a "grip" the first time we go one down next season.

You went bats hit mental at the flaming team selection on Saturday, you wet fart.

Agree with this. I hope they fail without assistance from our club.

Looks like Rooney down the middle and Sterling wide. I would give it until half-time, if it's not working, Roy has to make some very brave calls.

Hopefully Rooney will rediscover his form, but if he doesn't, then Barkley is ready to take over.

We are more than capable of winning tonight. Hope we continue the attacking game. So much better than the negative stuff we've played under Capello and Sven.

Looks like Rooney down the middle and Sterling wide. I would give it until half-time, if it's not working, Roy has to make some very brave calls.

Hopefully Rooney will rediscover his form, but if he doesn't, then Barkley is ready to take over.

We are more than capable of winning tonight. Hope we continue the attacking game. So much better than the negative stuff we've played under Capello and Sven.

Dont hold your breath. He has been spectacularly mediocre on the worlds biggest footballing stages....

Agree with this, it will be the same starting XI with Rooney and Sterling swapping places. If we play at a high tempo then we ought to win but if they score and park the bus i'd look to get players like Lallana and Barkley on as they can unlock defences sitting deep

I'd be disappointed if Barkley gets the nod again over lallana as first sub again.

Cynical Prediction: Lallana will start a game for England (if we are still in it) only when the papers begin reporting the deal to Liverpool is all but done again.

This is conspiracy bulls hit our Pap would be proud of.

Cynical Prediction: Lallana will start a game for England (if we are still in it) only when the papers begin reporting the deal to Liverpool is all but done again.

Why would you think that?

I'd give Rooney 45mins but honestly believe he bottles it on the big stage. He's great when playing Norwich or Macedonia in a friendly but ramp up the pressure and he goes missing.

Rooney may be one of the most naturally gifted footballers of his or any other generation. However, he is inarticulate and let's be brutally honest, basically a bit thick.

The opposite of what people describe as a 'footballing brain' Rooney is unable to adjust his considerable natural talent to circumstance or tactics.

Gianluca Vialli (in a brilliant interview with the BBC before the Italy game) described 'pressure' as Expectation + Scrutiny + Consequence.

It seems reasonably clear to me that Rooney's failure to perform at any World Cup so far is rooted in his inability to intellectualise and deal with that pressure.

I don't blame Wayne, but we must recognise that despite his genius on the ball, he lacks that vital quality of "collaborative intelligence" that the truly greatest footballers (and best teams) need.

Still think my team would beat tonight's team:

.............. Hart ................

Clyne Jag Cahill Shaw

.......... SG... Barry ..........

.. Ox ...... AL ...... Raheem ...

........ Sturridge ...........

Liking Smirking's 4-3-3 above, think the left side would be far more solid with LS/LA over LB/WR

Happy to play Wellbeck over Ox if that's the fitness situation, also quite happy to see Hendo in midfield.

Think there will be goals and think we'll win, 3-2 possibly.

Rooney has never had form when playing for England he has been sheite every game he has played, now saying that can anybody name one game where he has dominated and been man of the match?

Rooney has never had form when playing for England he has been sheite every game he has played, now saying that can anybody name one game where he has dominated and been man of the match?

Rooney has only ever played well in 2004. Has been largely rubbish since then.

Ramirez starting apparently then.

Would love The Gash to score to stick one up the England clique, but if he is really playing along side a questionably fit Suarez and their insane captain is also missing, I can only see a victory on the cards for England. Because he's sh*te.

Would love The Gash to score to stick one up the England clique, but if he is really playing along side a questionably fit Suarez and their insane captain is also missing, I can only see a victory on the cards for England. Because he's sh*te.

Pls stop hating on England Alpine, I actually think that the current england team is the most likeable i can remember! There is hardly any utter c*nts anymore!

Check how many nice bros they have now, Baines + Jagielka + Cahill + Wellbz + Henderson + Lallana + Lambart & so on are all nice bros I would have drink with and you wouldn't be at all worried bout getting roofied like when they had John Terry etc. I also like Hodgson & neville.

I even like Sturridge! I used to think he was too much arrogant bruv but when you see him interview he is actually quite humble + nice guy.

You're a strange, strange man.