Latest information v2

Guan 2.0

This thread has gone off topic. We have strayed from debating whether Danny Welbeck is good enough for Saints to considering who the next England manager should be.

I am grateful for Guan's contribution. His comments make sense and seem authorative. I hope the board can hold the line. I, personally would settle for Shaw going as long as we get what he is worth. It's a big ask though.

First off he's an Argue, so is hardly likely to want to do it. Secondly, the English press and supporters aren't going to put up with us continually throwing leads away. Thirdly, his style of football needs hours and hours of coaching and organisation, something a national manager won't get the hours to do and fourthly, our whole system is underpinned by continental players. Its telling that his first signing was victor, there is no English player with the ability needed to play that role at the top level ( and don't say cork). We also have 2 decent centre halfs, both from abroad. Jags and Cahill will be ripped apart in our system, whose going to play, lescott, Jones, smalling. Liverpool were better than us, Roy took most of their Englishmen and we are out after a week.

We don't often agree, so hat's off - top post. I can't much fault this.

That said, I can't imagine the Chilean system doesn't require a lot of tactical drilling, however, I reckon considering the general quality of their side (the few obvious exceptions apart) maybe they are a bit more inclined to take on the system of their manager. Whereas, I struggle to see the arrogance of Sturridge, Rooney, Gerrard et al. buying into it in the same way, with the same vigour.

I may well be miles off, but in terms of individuals Chile aren't amazing with a couple of exceptions, however they work together fantastically as a team, and have what appears to be a tactically astute manager who the players seem to buy into.

This thread has gone off topic. We have strayed from debating whether Danny Welbeck is good enough for Saints to considering who the next England manager should be.

I am grateful for Guan's contribution. His comments make sense and seem authorative. I hope the board can hold the line. I, personally would settle for Shaw going as long as we get what he is worth. It's a big ask though.

Haha, I clicked onto this tap and assumed it was the WC thread. Ooops.

The most ridiculous one was giving Lambert a massive 3 minutes at the end to turn the game. I expect Brendon texted him to remind him Ricky was on the bench

Under Poch, Saints played with more shape, organisation, and urgency than this pitiful "England" team ever showed

Great to see that Dyke has said that Woy is here until 2016 Illustrates exactly how much he knows about Football

Roll on the next English Prem season, where we can watch a load of Foreign players again

Are you honestly saying that finding yourself a goal down with 3 mins left in a game that you have to get something out of, throwing on your last remaining striker, a proven goalscorer, is a mistake?? What else did you expect him to do?

Are you honestly saying that finding yourself a goal down with 3 mins left in a game that you have to get something out of, throwing on your last remaining striker, a proven goalscorer, is a mistake?? What else did you expect him to do?

Bring him on about 30 minutes earlier?

Are you honestly saying that finding yourself a goal down with 3 mins left in a game that you have to get something out of, throwing on your last remaining striker, a proven goalscorer, is a mistake?? What else did you expect him to do?[/QUOTE]

I think you missed my point

IMHO, putting ANY player on with just 3 minutes left is pathetic.

Yes, Ricky IS a proven goalscorer, and because of that fact alone, should have been on long before the last 3 minutes

Hodgson's "tactics" have been non existant from the word go

Rooney on the left is another example (He should play the players in their normal position

And if anyone can tell me what use Gerrard was, I'd like to know

Are you honestly saying that finding yourself a goal down with 3 mins left in a game that you have to get something out of, throwing on your last remaining striker, a proven goalscorer, is a mistake?? What else did you expect him to do?[/QUOTE]

I think you missed my point

IMHO, putting ANY player on with just 3 minutes left is pathetic.

Yes, Ricky IS a proven goalscorer, and because of that fact alone, should have been on long before the last 3 minutes

Hodgson's "tactics" have been non existant from the word go

Rooney on the left is another example (He should play the players in their normal position

And if anyone can tell me what use Gerrard was, I'd like to know

Gerrard does the interviews innit.