Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

I trust Koemans authority on the matter. He obviously thinks he can make the step up, and Pelle knows it's a leap to play in the prem as he mentions in the interview.

His positioning and finishing look good so if he has speed of mind he should do ok.

I expect immediate comparisons to Rickie which is understandable

Two signing and two intelligent players who speak very well .

I loved his comments about RK re being a people person . That comment speaks volumes

Maybe just maybe lovren will see that and realises he has a better opportunity by staying at saints .

I bet Adam might be regretting his move now but it's too late with have tadic

The week is getting better and jack cork getting a new contract . Get him to sign it as soon as possible .

The futures starting to look very bright . The futures red and white and orange .

Very pleased with this. **** league or not, his record suggests that he will score wherever he gets the service.

As with Tadic, for me their stats don't prove the league is **** - they prove that those 2 players are way too good for it.

Was there really any need for that? Had it been anyone else posting that I doubt you would have said a thing.

Exactly! All I did was say how much he is reported to be earning.

You are one of the most intelligent and knowledgeable posters on here. Keep up the good work.

I said that too, he looks slow, cumbersome and awkward.

Really! What clip were you watching, granted there are a lot of goalmouth and headed goals by him but some good skills including the back flip into the goal and a 25 yard blaster.

He's a tall bloke so won't be as fast as Messi but looks pretty useful to me.

How many league goals would he have to score for people to consider him a successful signing? I want 15, less then 10 and he should be off again next summer.

Yeah, don't let him adjust or anything...

Fwiw I reckon 15+ goals from him and Gaston will step up and make the no.10 role his own this season

Very pleased with this. **** league or not, his record suggests that he will score wherever he gets the service.

As with Tadic, for me their stats don't prove the league is **** - they prove that those 2 players are way too good for it.

For a bit of balance. Jozy antidore had a better than 1 in 2 record in holland!!!

For a bit of balance. Jozy antidore had a better than 1 in 2 record in holland!!!

Pelle has done it two years running, and scored more than Altidore, let's not forget Ruud, Suarez and Bony also had great records in the Eridivisie before moving. A risk certainly but a calculated one.

Pelle has done it two years running, and scored more than Altidore, let's not forget Ruud, Suarez and Bony also had great records in the Eridivisie before moving. A risk certainly but a calculated one.

So did alfoso alaves before

Boro

I think we're all hoping that he's going to make a similar splash to Rickie when we signed him in League One. Too often last season we were fúcking great at foreplay, only to be embarrassed by projectile dysfunction when trying to bang it in. Koeman's right. Goals get points; last season shows that.

We've now got the top assist merchant from the Eredivisie, top marksman and crucially, the same bloke in charge that oversaw Pelle's transition into a remorseless scoring machine.

On top of that, it seems we've got both the recognition that we need more depth and the financial backing to get the deals done.

If nothing else, it proves just how much difference a couple of key appointments or departures can make. There is no way we'd be collecting a "best of" compilation from the Eredivisie without RK, and I think the culture of openness he's allowed to operate under owes a lot to the resignation of NC, who was a bit of a control freak.

Edited by pap

Koeman did? I trust his judgement more than my fellow forum dwellers :)

Quite right! The comments on here are mostly ill informed, including mine. The manager, Les and the board know so much better than us and things are looking pretty damn good. A few more signings plus keep the "big" few remaining hoverers/uncontracred and we are looking fine

I think he'd be somewhere between 10 and 15 goals. He looks an extremely similar player to Pelle but younger and with a more consistent record.

On Pelle:

10 = give another go

15 = great debut season

20+ = going to Big Club United for £35M

There are as many success story's (if not more) coming from that league than flops - so why focus on the flops?

I'm not. Just providing balance as before we know it. We wi talk ourselves in lambert not being for to lace his boots

I think he will be a success. But I thought that of ossie too

I think we're all hoping that he's going to make a similar splash to Rickie when we signed him in League One. Too often last season we were fúcking great at foreplay, only to be embarrassed by projectile dysfunction when trying to bang it in. Koeman's right. Goals get points; last season shows that.

We've now got the top assist merchant from the Eredivisie, top marksman and crucially, the same bloke in charge that oversaw Pelle's transition into a remorseless scoring machine.

On top of that, it seems we've got both the recognition that we need more depth and the financial backing to get the deals done.

If nothing else, it proves just how much difference a couple of key appointments or departures can make. There is no way we'd be collecting a "best of" compilation from the Eredivisie without RK, and I think the culture of openness he's allowed to operate under owes a lot to the resignation of NC, who was a bit of a control freak.

This

We are in a new era . There is now a very positive buzz at the club . And so far we are bringing players who are as good if not better than those that left .

:mcinnes:

Sorry but that's nonsense. Stop rewritting history, Rickie and lallana are proven Premier players. Rickie has scored goals at every level he's stepped up to as well as being our talisman and a leader. Adam had a great year and was one of the players of the season. We are entering the unknown , you can not say the nonsense you're saying as nobody knows. They may turn out to be better, but the only reason you think they are is because they've signed for us. As soon as we sign a left back, no doubt you'll declare him as good as Shaw.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Stop rewritting history, Rickie and lallana are proven Premier players. Rickie has scored goals at every level he's stepped up to as well as being our talisman and a leader. Adam had a great year and was one of the players of the season. We are entering the unknown , you can not say the nonsense you're saying as nobody knows. They may turn out to be better, but the only reason you think they are is because they've signed for us. As soon as we sign a left back, no doubt you'll declare him as good as Shaw.

Agree with this

Far be it for me to disagree with RK, but it is not conceding goals that gets points, not scoring goals. Having said that I would want us playing attacking football and scoring goals, and I would not want another Strachan era with not conceding and playing insomnia football.

Far be it for me to disagree with RK, but it is not conceding goals that gets points, not scoring goals.

Stating the obvious but... you can still win a game if you concede, you can't win if you don't score (0-0 the best you can get).

Edited by Matthew Le God

Stating the obvious but... you can still win a game if you concede, you can't win if you don't score (0-0 the best you can get).

What was good about us last year and what helped is to 3rd was our defence

We are never going to out score better sides. But we stayed in games and nicked a gaol

One can see how you breezed through the interview for that Football Manger stats job.