Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

Good news his goal record seems impressive. I know people keeping saying the Dutch league is carp but are teams like Ajax and Fc Twente really worse than Stoke and Burnley?

I love this quote on the bbc

"This is going to be the best choice for me because the club wants to keep improving every year."

This is of course rubbish just ask Lovern and Lallana:)

Lambert for pelle

lallana for tadic

on those two transfers how do you feel, like for like, weakened or strengthened?

I dont think weakened if Tadic can play a full 90 mins and Pelle can score a few goals.

Our real problem I feel is no Jrod for sometime

So before the 28th June, did anyone actually know that this chap even existed let alone know his goal scoring calibre?

Even on the most positive of threads - someone always has to have a dig at other posters... Who cares - everyone's had a chance to research and are happy he's signed!

A really fantastic signing and hope he'll go on to score loads of goals for us. He really looks the role of star with immaculate teeth, and million dollar smile. Can see the club finally doing a Player Calender with all these good looking players. Just as long as Les and Sammy Lee don't want a look in. :)

Even on the most positive of threads - someone always has to have a dig at other posters... Who cares - everyone's had a chance to research and are happy he's signed!

Oh, no I'm not being negative it was a genuine question to those who may have watched any degree of European football over the last 2 seasons.

As the poster above said, Koeman knows him very well so nothing else matters really

Really very impressed with his interview....English is great and obviously huge respect between him and RK. Very much looking forward to seeing him play and, have to say, with the exception of Shaw right now it feels we have a great chance of improving on Lallana and Lambert with our first 2 signings.

Replacement manager for Pochettino - Check

Replacement attacking midfielder for Lallana - Check

Replacement striker for Ricky - Check

For the moment, just Shaw's replacement to be found, maybe Lovren's might need to be found too.

But I feel that the dark shadows are starting to lift and that there is some light starting to lighten the gloom. Whether these players and the manager are better replacements for those who left remains to be seen. But it cannot be dismissed out of hand that they are, before they have even got a few games under their belts.

Replacement manager for Pochettino - Check

Replacement attacking midfielder for Lallana - Check

Replacement striker for Ricky - Check

For the moment, just Shaw's replacement to be found, maybe Lovren's might need to be found too.

But I feel that the dark shadows are starting to lift and that there is some light starting to lighten the gloom. Whether these players and the manager are better replacements for those who left remains to be seen. But it cannot be dismissed out of hand that they are, before they have even got a few games under their belts.

For an asset strip/fire sale, they are making a right mess of it.

I'd like to see another striker, a left back (obviously) and another wide/creative attacking player. Oh and a centre back to replace that one who's leaving.

Goalie seems to be important for some but I am not hugely fussed, apart from maybe a decent young back up to replace Gazza.

Posted this on another thread but more relevant here now

Look at the facts

RK is on the face of it an upgrade on MOPO

Tadic on a par with AL (with money in bank)

RL - Pelle seems ideal, comments on his age but younger than RL (who was not guaranteed to start this year IMO)

So we need to replace

LS - we may not get someone in who has his potential but we need to look at what he delivered for us not what he could in 5 years which makes it easier to replace like for like (again with money in the bank)

The money in the bank gives us opportunity to strengthen the squad as first 11 good but struggled with injuries.

I feel positive that we will have a similar strength team but stronger depth in GK, CD and ST.

Don't also forget there may be a youth player come through again (think Chambers last year)

Stay positive I certainly feel we are going in the right direction

Goalie seems to be important for some but I am not hugely fussed, apart from maybe a decent young back up to replace Gazza.

Any ideas whether Boruc returned last week? Wondering whether there is an issue, a few comments suggest that he has not shown up yet after he got married. We certainly need a good back up for Boruc, and of Boruc is not around we will need to good keepers.

For an asset strip/fire sale, they are making a right mess of it.

I'd like to see another striker, a left back (obviously) and another wide/creative attacking player. Goalie seems to be important for some but I am not hugely fussed, apart from maybe a decent young back up to replace Gazza.

:lol:

Agree with the other positions we need to fill, but we haven't made a bad start, have we?

If we could get osvaldo's agreement to play alongside him (would we really want that liability?) and ramirez finally delivered playing alongside Tadic we have the beginnings of a half decent team. Do we really want osvaldo back though thats the question? chances are he won't come back anyway!

If we could get osvaldo's agreement to play alongside him (would we really want that liability?) and ramirez finally delivered playing alongside Tadic we have the beginnings of a half decent team. Do we really want osvaldo back though thats the question? chances are he won't come back anyway!

Osvaldo isn't coming back. Too many bridges burned and it's fairly apparent he doesn't want to be here. Recoup what we can from this sorry mess and move on.

Osvaldo isn't coming back. Too many bridges burned and it's fairly apparent he doesn't want to be here. Recoup what we can from this sorry mess and move on.

You are more than likely right, accept 6 million to get rid?

Would be the most beefcake strike partnership of all time, if nothing else!

Said it before that the club could make significant forward progress if they played their transfers well and so far it looks pretty good, Tadic should be the match of Lallana and Pelle looks to me to be a more than adequate replacement for Ricky, who TBH was probably not going to feature heavily next season.

So far I'd say SFC is up and maybe with the extra money they could get a top class GK - we're too reliant on Boruc.

I would kill a man for that hair. This will not only bring back the beautician industry to Hampshire, ravaged from the month absence of Lallana and Shaw, but bring back the whaling trade. Hair can only look that good with the finest whale oil. This is a big day for Southampton.

With that, if anyone has a 100 ft square rigged ship and 35 free souls available for 6 months on the Atlantic Ocean, please PM me.

Oh, no I'm not being negative it was a genuine question to those who may have watched any degree of European football over the last 2 seasons.

As the poster above said, Koeman knows him very well so nothing else matters really

Apologies :)

"I have no worries about his temperament," Pochettino said when asked about Osvaldo last August. "His temperament is what sets him apart, what makes him such a quality player, so I have no worries."