Koeman - Player Sales

Don Logan

So with the strong likelihood that we will have lost broadly half our starting eleven (assuming Spider-man & Lovren walk) are we really to believe that Koeman has approved these sales? With a fairly successful Managerial record would he have wanted to expose himself to the risk of trying to jell a new Team together in a few weeks?

Evolution or revolution?

Let's hope Koeman has the backbone to stand upto the Board and shut up shop before anymore damage is done - at least ask Spider-Man for one more season, granting Lovren a transfer only to Europe.

Here comes the roller coaster...........let's hope we're not heading for the abyss.

Seeing as most of the deals were done when he was appointed he obviously knew what he was signing up to and has been promisee most of the cash.

No issue here, although Reed suggesting he could speak to players to persuade them to stay was obviously just sound bites as Shaw/Lallana knew they were going when they left for the WC so any chat would have been too late.

Do you honestly believe that after giving him the job, the board are now selling players without Koeman's consent?

I honestly think that some people on here do think that.

"ya, hi guysh. So, let's get training shorted... Wait, where the **** ish everyone? Guysh? Wheresh Lambo, Adsh? Luke, Morgsh? Sho Confushed.... "

Do you also honestly believe that he will have said yes to the sales without having a pretty good idea of who he wants to bring in to replace them?

SFC can't win at the moment can they!

Some people on here need to take a trip to a dessert island with no innernetz connectionz and come back mid August when the season starts.

At the end of the day if a player, any player for that matter wants a move there isn't much a manager or board can do to stop it and in reality if a player doesn't want play for the club there is no point keeping them.

It's going to be a huge test for RoKo but if the transfer budget is what we are led to believe it is including all the sales, then he could almost play "fantasy football" for real!! A huge test for any new manager but he won't want to fail under the PL spotlight so I am being positive about a new era for SFC.

Do you also honestly believe that he will have said yes to the sales without having a pretty good idea of who he wants to bring in to replace them?

SFC can't win at the moment can they!

Some people on here need to take a trip to a dessert island with no innernetz connectionz and come back mid August when the season starts.

Is this where Katharina spends her summers?

So with the strong likelihood that we will have lost broadly half our starting eleven (assuming Spider-man & Lovren walk) are we really to believe that Koeman has approved these sales? With a fairly successful Managerial record would he have wanted to expose himself to the risk of trying to jell a new Team together in a few weeks?

Evolution or revolution?

Let's hope Koeman has the backbone to stand upto the Board and shut up shop before anymore damage is done - at least ask Spider-Man for one more season, granting Lovren a transfer only to Europe.

Here comes the roller coaster...........let's hope we're not heading for the abyss.

Dear Don,

What was your User Name before being banned?

Thanks

So with the strong likelihood that we will have lost broadly half our starting eleven (assuming Spider-man & Lovren walk) are we really to believe that Koeman has approved these sales?

Seeing as Koeman retweeted: "Les Reed: “Luke’s transfer fee will be reinvested into the team as @Koeman1963 builds for the new season and for years to come.” #saintsfc"

yes

the negotiations for Koeman went on for a while... he can read the press....has anyone thought that one of the attractions might have been that he would have a chunk to spend on making it his own team.....[/QUOTE]

Yes, but Reed didn't exactly bend over backwards to explain that Koeman's transfer "Kitty" would only come from Player SALES. With no further investment from the Leibherrs

That scenario would, at best, be standing still. In reality, what with the gelling of the MANY new faces we will need, will result in going backwards, hopefully not on tp the Prem relegation trap door

If I were Koeman, I'd stay in the Nunnery and apply to be a Monk

Evolution or revolution?

Ridiculous. Of course he knew.

a) Transfer kitty about £50million and rising.

b) Club on sound financial footing.

c) Some decent PL players still here.

d) Some highly promising young players from top-rated academy system.

e) Excellent training facilities, decent stadium, nice area of UK (all factors for attracting new players).

f) Realistic expectations, i.e. owners aren’t demanding top four finish.

All things considered, I doubt many managers have been given such a good opportunity to build their own team.

I honestly think that some people on here do think that.

"ya, hi guysh. So, let's get training shorted... Wait, where the **** ish everyone? Guysh? Wheresh Lambo, Adsh? Luke, Morgsh? Sho Confushed.... "

OMG - I hope we are all not going to be forever subjected to continuous cheesy Dutch accents on here. If so I can't wait till Koeman leaves.

e) Excellent training facilities, decent stadium, nice area of UK (all factors for attracting new players).

All things considered, I doubt many managers have been given such a good opportunity to build their own team.

See when you look at like that I wonder how many clubs/fans in the English leagues would like to be in our position. Seems to me as fans it might pay to be a little more grateful for what our club has than crying over what it doesn't have.

Someone remind me how that worked out?

Totally different situations, not a like what so ever.

The only reason some fans are seeing the likeness is because our new manager is dutch. The main, huge difference here is that we will reinvest the money into first team players. Sure, some young guys will be promoted - but we're in a position to purchase, which we weren't at the time of the dutch 2.

Oh, and we were also floating around in the bottom half of the NPC.....!

I guess the positive spin is that the most influential players + the most expensive player needed to leave the club to allow Koeman to re-build his own team. It would make sense and the only real test will come at the end of the summer when the team walks out at Anfield. Then we'll see how competent this Board are at maintaining the momentum of the last 5 years.

Do you honestly believe that after giving him the job, the board are now selling players without Koeman's consent?

What do you mean by consent?

If you mean the sales were a virtual fait accompli that Koeman went along with, then yes he gave his consent.

YES I doubt if he has much say in Player sales. Don't forget, Reed is doing everything he can for the benefit of Katharina sorry, SFC

If that's the case then RK will be walking before he actually starts - please think before you post such rubbish. He knew who was likely to be going and who wasn't. He now has an opportunity to do something that most managers would never get the chance to do and that is build a team with significant funds at his disposal to enable that building.

Basically the deals completing now, look as though they were as good as done before the world cup.so yes he would have known about them.

He would also know that Lovren, if as reported had put in a transfer request, and would likely have known of any other malcontent's who would push for a move. He may believe he can talk one or two around, or at least into giving him a chance.

Yet with all this he has bought into the next plan, and wouldn't put his reputation at risk unless he felt he could achieve something here.

Do you also honestly believe that he will have said yes to the sales without having a pretty good idea of who he wants to bring in to replace them?SFC can't win at the moment can they!Some people on here need to take a trip to a dessert island with no innernetz connectionz and come back mid August when the season starts.

Would that be Sundae Island off the coast of Australia?

g) Guts of a team ripped out.

h) Managerial appointment that is failing to retain our best players

i) No known transfer targets that match any of our losses man for man

j) a club that is demonstrating lack of ambition and failure to retain players is not as attractive to potential signings as we were with proven internationals.

g) a strange Boardroom dynamic - a capable football appointee but ineffective CEO (Krueger)

h) An owner who was given something rather than wanting it passionately.

i) a very angry fanbase who are either accepting of our status and lack ambition or are massively disappointed and concerned

j) no time to rebuild a team and bring in players to compete in the Premier league.

k) strong possibility that we are entering a relegation battle.

all things considered, I doubt many managers who have been given 3 years to better a team built over ten years have had such a challenge to better the position of their predecessor.

I've always said that we have one objective; staying in the Premier League. We will probably sign players with a a view of just doing that. If we finish 17th, then job done however ugly we do it is an irrelevance.

People who saw us as a regular top half team were always delusional. We are and will be closer to a 'yoyo' team and that's fine.

j) a club that is demonstrating lack of ambition and failure to retain players is not as attractive to potential signings as we were with proven internationals.

g) a strange Boardroom dynamic - a capable football appointee but ineffective CEO (Krueger)

i) a very angry fanbase who are either accepting of our status and lack ambition or are massively disappointed and concerned

j) no time to rebuild a team and bring in players to compete in the Premier league.

all things considered, I doubt many managers who have been given 3 years to better a team built over ten years have had such a challenge to better the position of their predecessor.

And then I read that it was from SaintRobbie and all became clear

I've always said that we have one objective; staying in the Premier League. We will probably sign players with a a view of just doing that. If we finish 17th, then job done however ugly we do it is an irrelevance.

People who saw us as a regular top half team were always delusional. We are and will be closer to a 'yoyo' team and that's fine.

and the I read it was Dalek2003 and all became clear

If you are the sort of person who prophesies doom and gloom with every set back for the team then the player sale has been bad. If you are the optimistic sort then there are exciting days ahead building a better more balanced side.

In reality the news is neither good or bad, just the way football works. it is however extremely sad and every Saints fans will be gutted that we have lost some of our best warriors from the journey, players we had become very attached to and the club are wrong and insensitive to dress it up as anything else.

The fact is that Koeman now has a clean sheet to work from (well almost). If we buy players with potential they will take time to come good and players from abroad also generally need time. It seems almost certain that not every every transfer will be a success but hopefully we can find enough gems to make the coming season a decent one and in the long term we can progress.

Like appointing the calibre of manager you said we'd never achieve? You are an utterly clueless old man.

Who, at the moment, doesn't have much of a squad left

Let's wait until Koeman brings in a few players shall we ?

You can assess them and then let me know if I am still clueless

Meantime, what's your assessment on Lovren and Schneiderlin also wanting to get out ??

I mean, we've got a high quality Manager, you'd think they would all be looking forward to the first training session with him ?

g) Guts of a team ripped out.maybe, but Lambert is very near the end of his career, Lallana is almost certainly at his peak and too good a deal to refuse. Shaw, not an issue as only a LB

h) Managerial appointment that is failing to retain our best playersyou are using spin to match your agenda. grow up

i) No known transfer targets that match any of our losses man for manour ongoing policy is not to conduct our transfer dealings in public and I for one admire that stance. unlike Liverpool.

j) a club that is demonstrating lack of ambition and failure to retain players is not as attractive to potential signings as we were with proven internationals.Lambert, Lallana and Shaw are not exactly "proven" internationals.

g) a strange Boardroom dynamic - a capable football appointee but ineffective CEO (Krueger)are you privy to the workings of the board memebers? CEO runs the company, not the football aspect which Reed does

h) An owner who was given something rather than wanting it passionately.WOW!!

i) a very angry fanbase who are either accepting of our status and lack ambition or are massively disappointed and concernedyou know us all do you?? Youve conducted a survey? or do you listen to a handful of your mates and read this board for your facts?

j) no time to rebuild a team and bring in players to compete in the Premier league.Ridiculous statement

k) strong possibility that we are entering a relegation battle. If you believe that, fair enough. Strong possibility that we will be no where near relegation

all things considered, I doubt many managers who have been given 3 years to better a team built over ten years have had such a challenge to better the position of their predecessor.I think you need to review this statement!!

Some people need to look more rationally at situations!!

Some people need to look more rationally at situations!!

Shaw, not an issue ''only a left back'' ? what sort of view is that? He's top, top, top quality. We will be lucky to see a player of his level at Southampton again, him leaving will make us very weak down the left hand side - that is a fact. So, it is an issue, and it's a position which needs to be sorted swiftly with an experienced international player - but even they wouldn't be as good.

Really getting miffed with Shaw being put down by everyone as ''just a left back'' ''let him go for that money'' ''we can easily replace him for £5m''. No, we can't.