Sammy Lee & Dave Watson

eling-saint

Sky Sports reporting that Sammy Lee has come in to take up a role in the academy.

I do hope the ugly head of the bigger boys bullying the little ones gets nipped in the bud.....you can't have the coach being bullied by the kids

Because they announce it when the paperwork is signed, not when they have a verbal agreement - like Brighton did, in this instance.

What has happened, and Brighton's disappointment and the resulting climb down - is EXACTLY why Saints don't announce things prematurely.

Just like the Dodd/Williams saga.

My primary wish is we take Niemi off them now too :)

I wish !....these " team coaches" come in small groups. If Sammy isn't going to Brighton, does that mean that Anntti will become the proverbial second-best man?

A.N. is definitely someone with a real Saints' connection......once seen never forgotten.:adore:

Makes sense to have a Brit and also someone who knows the area

.. better to have one who speaks English as their first language though...

One of our best signings back in the day

Not serious are you ?

Think he'll be part of the first team coaching setup. Apart from Ronald and Erwin, we haven't really got another coach, only Jan and he's more fitness based.

Random fact: Sammy Lee is 'nicknamed' BBC (balls, bibs, cones)

Wooo, a coach in Wally Downes mould. Exciting.

Given his nickname above he sounds straight out of the Dennis Rofe school of coaching.

.. better to have one who speaks English as their first language though...

Not serious are you ?

Given his nickname above he sounds straight out of the Dennis Rofe school of coaching.

Yeah he must be crap = all those years at Liverpool under different managers - involved with England for 5 years ...yet Williams and Murty have such a great coaching pedigree.

By the size of him, looks like he's taken up a few of the pies as well

The thread title is still wrong, he won't be our assistant manager, he'll either be a 1st team coach alongside Ronald & Erwin Koeman or he'll be the replacement Jason Dodd as under 18 manager.

I removed this link....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28059405

MLG you really do live up to your reputation! The title was a question, hence the ? mark and using the terms in the Sun item. Which I hasten to add was subsequently copied into one of your later posts! You have moved smoothly from total refutal (edited out of your original post) to using lee's medal haul justify whatever role he finally takes.

MLG you really do live up to your reputation! The title was a question, hence the ? mark and using the terms in the Sun item. Which I hasten to add was subsequently copied into one of your later posts! You have moved smoothly from total refutal (edited out of your original post) to using lee's medal haul justify whatever role he finally takes.

:lol:

I saw MLG's original post and he was attempting to put you in your place, reminding you that he was off to Brighton.

it is because, MLG has no other opinion other than what the club currently do

I don't know whether to be underwhelmed or not. The only thing that worries me is how Koeman knows him enough to make this appointment?

Underwhelmed about an academy coach :mcinnes:

If he's working with the academy why would it matter? Do you think Dodd and Williams knew Poch before he joined?

I don't know whether to be underwhelmed or not. The only thing that worries me is how Koeman knows him enough to make this appointment?

It's really nothing to do with Koeman, and obviously he didn't appoint Sammy Lee, just like Mauricio Pochettino didn't samba into St Mary's saying "I know-a who we need to coach the academy, el fatista Paul Williams"

Sammy Lee worked as a part-time coach in the England set up when uncle Les was with England / at the FA. Reed's recommended replacement for Dodd and Williams most likely...

Obviously it is Reed's recommendation. It's his bloody job to appoint academy training staff.

Telegraph saying that Dave Watson has been appointed new goalkeeping coach.

From Wiki "praised for enhancing the careers of England goalkeepers Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Jack Butland,[9] experience that encouraged new manager Roy Hodgson to invite him to work alongside Ray Clemence with the England team at Euro 2012."

I'd take that

From Wiki "praised for enhancing the careers of England goalkeepers Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Jack Butland,[9] experience that encouraged new manager Roy Hodgson to invite him to work alongside Ray Clemence with the England team at Euro 2012."

I'd take that

With the obvious caveat that any Tom, **** or Harry can update Wikipedia. You could go on his page and say he's your long lost son if you want - doesn't make it true. That said, it will soon get moderated.

With the obvious caveat that any Tom, **** or Harry can update Wikipedia. You could go on his page and say he's your long lost son if you want - doesn't make it true. That said, it will soon get moderated.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1067980

''Dave is highly rated throughout the game and is well respected by the goalkeepers who have worked with him, importantly Joe Hart,'' said Hodgson. ''He has worked with a number of current English goalkeepers and has experience of working with England development teams so we know he will fit in well with the squad".

Sammy Lee worked as a part-time coach in the England set up when uncle Les was with England / at the FA. Reed's recommended replacement for Dodd and Williams most likely...

Justly, Uncle Les seems to be obsessed with the England set up, he's trying to recreate it at SFC.