Banner for Opening Game at Anfield

JackanorySFC

A great idea Pastor Patron had on another thread -

Obviously needs to be more subtle, what about an advert for a fake product like aftershave or mens watches where the tagline is a woman saying to Lallana "you've changed...".

It could be an aftershave called 'Clattenberg'

A fake watch advert would bring the lulz. He's also just started modelling F.cuk which could obviously e changed to c.nut

:lol: You are full of cracking ideas tonight.

Anyone a whiz with photoshop who can get some mock ups on the go for C.nut?

But seriously, no hashtags. It would be an embarrassment.

I don't understand why we'd have a hashtag on a flag at football.. What has it got to do with Twitter? It's bad enough that we've got one painted into the seats in the Chapel end.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it"

Just a banner saying something like that, keep it simple and in his own words. Or a basic Clattenburg one, try not to be too clever or complicated though. Most people I know would chip in if a decent one was sorted.

I don't understand why we'd have a hashtag on a flag at football.. What has it got to do with Twitter? It's bad enough that we've got one painted into the seats in the Chapel end.

Indeed, would get an incredible amount of stick. To the extreme of the hashtag be mocked on Twitter. Leave out the hashtag and the banner sends a much better message. People would then contribute.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it"

Just a banner saying something like that, keep it simple and in his own words. Or a basic Clattenburg one, try not to be too clever or complicated though. Most people I know would chip in if a decent one was sorted.

That quote with 'Clattenburg was right'.

To the OP - suggest a shortlist of the best 3 or 4 suggestions on here and then set up a poll, can then remind everyone who votes about a small contribution ideally. I am certainly in

Cheers

Yep, good idea. Also removing the # I added in a moment of madness.

Can also confirm through a contact who's knows the snappers at The Sun that this will get photographed. If the Sun pick up on it, others will too, it certainly fits a narrative. All the more reason to do it right. I'm off on a stag do this weekend, will aim to get the final agreed banner + a funding site set up next week.

Right now the only image created is the wonderful Powerpoint version I knocked up in 2 minutes. Any suggestions on decent type fonts etc helpful, I used AgencyFB as it is pretty high so fills up the space well when using a lot of characters.

I think using an image should be avoided, unless someone far more talented than me can do a silhouette version similar to the Leibherr flag. White font on a red background, trimmed in black.

Thanks for all the feedback, looks like more than enough contributors to make this happen.

Bear in mind guys that any offensive/swear words on a banner will be ignored by the cameras etc...

Far better to have a subtle but telling message that will attract attention - "Clattenburg was right" does fit the bill in this regard

Anyone got any designs drafted yet?

Would just be another big waste of money. Liverpool would never allow it to be displayed, 'Health'n'Safety won't allow it at SMS (ala ML banner) and both stadiums will be rammed so no where to lay it out.

I'm sure he'll get the picture from some fans reaction, I'm happy just to blank him.

Would just be another big waste of money. Liverpool would never allow it to be displayed, 'Health'n'Safety won't allow it at SMS (ala ML banner) and both stadiums will be rammed so no where to lay it out.

I'm sure he'll get the picture from some fans reaction, I'm happy just to blank him.

I think they mean just hold it up between fans at certain points of the game, not actually lay it somwhere. As long as the banner is not offensive or too insulting towards the liverpool player they wont take it down. It'll be just like the WE ARE LIVERPOOL sign liverpool fans brought to stmarysv

Most grounds allow a basic, regular sized, non-offensive banner to be held up at the start of games, this would be allowed.

No idea why Adam isn't allowed to kiss the badge of the team he's been at for 14 years before later making a decision to join one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The two don't seem mutually exclusive to me. Would much prefer us to give both Lambert and Lallana heroes' welcomes but it appears many feel that years and years of dedication, quality and contribution is wiped out by one interview for his new team. Not delighted to hear him say those things, but did I pick up even a suggestion of diminished commitment or desire in his performances late in the season? No, he was excellent until the end. His private thoughts at the time were just that - private. Divulging them now might leave a bitter taste but we shared some unbelievable times - he's still one of my all-time favourite SFC players.