Banner for Opening Game at Anfield

JackanorySFC

The comments from Lallana have ****ed me off, along with the news he refused to play for us again. The fact we have him in the first game is too good an opportunity to miss making a statement not only to him personally, but also the media etc as we are guaranteed to be on Sky/ MOTD etc.

Only 2 clubs in our Division do banners that don't look like they were drawn up my 40+ yr old nutters with crayon, prit stick, unlimited supply of flimsy cardboard and a rent free living arrangement with their parents (think Chelsea/ Benitez protests) and that's the Scousers and (loath to say this) Palace.

Would be good if we could produce a banner with a decent, short, succinct message that shows not only our contempt for the way he handled his exit (clearly done with no respect, dignity or class) but also the fact Lambert left with his head held high and we aren't bitter about every player that leaves us.

As I say, needs to be properly funded, not a slap dash piece of **** - I'd be happy to contribute to a Pal Pay account set up by someone here with decent design skills.

As for a message, I'll get the ball rolling:

LA LLANA - YOU COULD HAVE BEEN LA GOD

Image of Rickie - LA LEGEND

Image of Lallana - LA RAT

You get the idea...

He'll probably get a few people clapping and a few booing in the away end at Anfield. That's the most 'angry' we can ever seem to get. Couldn't even do anything when Nigel was sacked. Would contribute towards something decent though.

You will get people on here slating you for This but I'm with you on this. He's become a rite big head since playing for England and he's really upset us as fans. Hope Suarez bites his head off.

I believe his head has become to big for even Suarez.

The fact is, there will be a few that will print out "LALLANA IS JUDAS" on A4 paper in a light grey thanks to the protester's grey scale print quality settings (probably the same bloke that got the hanky out at Poch's first game), Sky/ BBC/ National Press will be all over this (just as they did with the hanky bloke), they will expect to see a backlash, as do I.

If there are going to be banners there, for once let's work together and do it properly.

All well and good saying "let our football do the talking" - believe me I want to win to ram it down his throat, but as fans we should be able to show our anger at the way modern footballers are completely taking the ****, I mean threatening the club that made him with going on strike? By all means wave a finger and mutter "you little scamp Adam" but someone treating my club like that gets me pretty angry.

If Lovren goes yeah I'll be annoyed at him too, but Adam was our Captain, our leader and the representation of all that was good about our club - talented, technically gifted attacking English player with a good attitude that had been honed through the ranks. I loved watching him play, his first touch is the best of any Saints player I've seen. That's what makes it worse, the lack of class and lack of respect.

I really can't imagine that was a genuine threat, though maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Has the quote been verified?

It was tweeted by Alex Goring Crook and he said he has filed his copy, so I guess it will be in the papers later.

If there is to be one, "WE'RE NOT FOR SALE" with an arrow pointing down to the fans might be OK. Or "TRUE SAINTS AREN'T FOR SALE"? The sentiment doesn't quite work though.

All said, "CLATTENBURG WAS RIGHT" is probably the best option.

Has to be this. SImple and effective

"CLATTENBURG WAS RIGHT"

job done.

Yes, I agree. FTF's suggestion of an image of a Ref's arm holding a Red Card is decent to go with this for extra visual impact. Not inflammatory, no swear words, doesn't even mention Lallana by name so no reason to ban it.

Anyone here half decent with photoshop that wants to take a break from designing kit ideas and do some mock ups? Then get an idea the cost for something like this - Barmyflags maybe? The bigger the better IMO. Will need to be unfurled right at the front of the Anfield Road end as the players come out and if he's brave enough to take a corner in front of us. Guaranteed TV exposure.

What's the chances of Clattenburg getting the gig for this? 10/1 I assume ;-)

Looking on European Ultra sites, you can get a 8m x 1m "fence flag" for about €135 (delivery an extra €13 per 10kg). So 15-20 people chipping in a tenner each and we should be there. Easy enough to do?

For those that believe turning the other cheek and ignoring him is the way to go about things, hey, no problem no need to donate we're all Saints after all, this is about the more vocal amongst us creating an image and demonstrating in a non offensive way they we think he's a c*** in front of the World's media.

Looking on European Ultra sites, you can get a 8m x 1m "fence flag" for about €135 (delivery an extra €13 per 10kg). So 15-20 people chipping in a tenner each and we should be there. Easy enough to do?

For those that believe turning the other cheek and ignoring him is the way to go about things, hey, no problem no need to donate we're all Saints after all, this is about the more vocal amongst us creating an image and demonstrating in a non offensive way they we think he's a c*** in front of the World's media.

Wouldn't be confident of it being let in the ground though..

Folded up and put in a bag it wouldn't look anything more than a flag many fans take to away games. I remember when Liverpool played us a year ago and they had numerous flags, much bigger than this one.

At a lot of grounds they open bags to check the content of the flags. If it has anything potentially offensive or inflamatory on then they don't let it in.

Don't see why it wouldn't get let in, no swear words, not inflammatory and doesn't mention anyone except Clattenburg by name? Anyway, plenty of creative ways to get it in (as the bin dippers to good effect with their AMF protest last season)

Anyway, my hasty 10min lunchtime attempt:

30tlatl.png[/img]

Don't see why it wouldn't get let in, no swear words, not inflammatory and doesn't mention anyone except Clattenburg by name? Anyway, plenty of creative ways to get it in (as the bin dippers to good effect with their AMF protest last season)

30tlatl.png[/img]

Looks good, BUT NO HASHTAG please, would ruin it. Remove #upthescum and replace with something along the lines you've changed adam.

30tlatl.png[/img]

Would be fine just with CLATTENBURG WAS RIGHT without the rest of it I think.

The "Not For Sale" banner reminds me of the MUFC NOT FOR SALE Anti Glazer march, that was widely ridiculed because United were exactly that - for sale. As are we it seems. This would be strictly aimed at that sly rat, Lallana. As for sounding bitter - yep, that's pretty much how I feel about it right now. If it wasn't the first game of the season it probably wouldn't be worth doing, but too big an open goal to miss.

Anyway, in true advertising speak "no ideas's a bad idea guys", the more the merrier. My **** poor powerpoint effort can easily be improved on.

And then he goes and scores the winner. As someone mentioned the best way will be to warmly applaud Rickie but ignore him completely. And leave it to Wanyama to snap him first chance he gets...

I know it's likely to look like we've done nothing to the double-digit IQ brigade, but this is actually the most effective way of getting up his nose. Only problem if you have to carry it out with 100% accuracy, and I doubt everyone can manage that without shouting things at him!