Banner for Opening Game at Anfield

JackanorySFC

The problem with making a banner to show how happy you are that Lallana went to Liverpool is that it actually demonstrates how hurt Southampton fans are that he has left. If we had sold someone unimportant to Liverpool for £££, we wouldn't be making a banner.

The best course of action is to ignore Lallana at the match. He is expecting an emotional response to his departure to confirm his own self-importance. Don't give it to him.

The problem with making a banner to show how happy you are that Lallana went to Liverpool is that it actually demonstrates how hurt Southampton fans are that he has left. If we had sold someone unimportant to Liverpool for £££, we wouldn't be making a banner.

The best course of action is to ignore Lallana at the match. He is expecting an emotional response to his departure to confirm his own self-importance. Don't give it to him.

That would be beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL - Just been sent this;

Aggggggado doo doo shove your Lovern up your ass

Aggggggado doo doo Rickie Lambert you were class

Clattenburg you were right and Lallana is a sh!te

We are Red We are white

We are ****ing dynamite

Aggggggado doo doo

Unfortunately the fixture change clashed with a wedding for me so I can't make it, instead I'll be shouting at a TV on the IOW. Should be a cracking atmosphere up there! As for a banner my personal favourites were:

"W£ MUGG£D YOU Y£AH Y£AH Y£AH" or

"MON£Y CAN'T BUY YOU LOV£" with a pic Of Lallana

Lovren is a mercenary that will do the Mickey's over the first sniff he gets from Spain/ PSG. Lambert I'm worried will only be a bit part player and not really do the business. However Lallana deserves every bit of hate and vitriol going. He was out Captain, our leader and a shining example of what could be achieved by coming through our Academy - from League 1 to Brazil in 3 years. He threw it all away, leaving in the worst possible way. He'll never be welcomed back, and that's a shame as he really could have been a legend.

We are Red We are white

We are ****ing dynamite

Aggggggado doo doo

Very catchy...I am sure this will go down well at Anfield

It just won't happen. It's 100% true, no reaction would be brilliant. The best thing would be to applaud Rickie, sing his name, and not mention the other 2 at all.

Lallana won't play, but we know what fans are like, they'll sing songs about Lallana and Lovren, boo them both and it'll just look like a standard case of bitter fans from a small club.

Cheering Lambert and ignoring the others shows it to be something slightly different.

Are Arsenal a small club? I only ask because they give absolute dogs abuse to Nasri & Adebayour? Good for the Gooners too, those two are nasty money grabbing mercenaries in the same mould as Lovren for sure. Also what about Barcelona? That small club has small minded fans that do things like throw a pig's head at Figo. I'm also sure tiny West Ham were a tad upset at Paul Ince and "Fat" Frankie Lampard, oh yeah, what about Spurs and Sol Campbell etc etc etc...

Look, it's not about who leaves, it's about how they leave and where they go. Lallana and Lovren burned serious bridges, they insulted our club and as an extension, our City. They could have honoured the contracts they signed less than a year ago and left with their heads held high, instead the only thing they held was our Club to ransom.

How about a banner saying "If we were women, we would be the sort to spraypaint our husbands cars and sell their prized possessions on ebay because they upset us". It doesn't matter whether or not this is chosen because either way it is what the rest of the world will see if anyone does choses to make a butthurt banner.

We are Red We are white

We are ****ing dynamite

Aggggggado doo doo

make this happen!!

The comments from Lallana have ****ed me off, along with the news he refused to play for us again. The fact we have him in the first game is too good an opportunity to miss making a statement not only to him personally, but also the media etc as we are guaranteed to be on Sky/ MOTD etc.

Only 2 clubs in our Division do banners that don't look like they were drawn up my 40+ yr old nutters with crayon, prit stick, unlimited supply of flimsy cardboard and a rent free living arrangement with their parents (think Chelsea/ Benitez protests) and that's the Scousers and (loath to say this) Palace.

Would be good if we could produce a banner with a decent, short, succinct message that shows not only our contempt for the way he handled his exit (clearly done with no respect, dignity or class) but also the fact Lambert left with his head held high and we aren't bitter about every player that leaves us.

As I say, needs to be properly funded, not a slap dash piece of **** - I'd be happy to contribute to a Pal Pay account set up by someone here with decent design skills.

As for a message, I'll get the ball rolling:

LA LLANA - YOU COULD HAVE BEEN LA GOD

Image of Rickie - LA LEGEND

Image of Lallana - LA RAT

You get the idea...

Get over it. Its childish. As Adriansfc says further down the only real revenge is beating them

We are Red We are white

We are ****ing dynamite

Aggggggado doo doo

Terrible song.

Lovren will get absolute dog's abuse on Sunday, as would Lallana if he was involved.