Letter from Lallana in Echo

bangkoksaint

A few will have egg on their face after their reaction yesterday.

The club & Lallana clearly fell out, doesn't mean he lost respect for the fans that supported him for the last 14 years.

He's a young lad offered 100k a week, 26 million over 5 years and the chance to further his career.

He can setup his kids and his kids kids for life, it's a no brainier.

He may have acted out of turn, but does that show his lack of respect for Southampton or his desperation to join Liverpool?

If players like Hammond etc can move on and still be welcomed back then so should Lallana, he was good enough to leave in our first season in league 1 but didn't and he was a massive part of getting us back to the premier league.

It's good business, he's not worth 25 million to anyone other than Saints because of what he represented, we got good money he looks to be replaced by quality so we can all move on amicably now.

The club & Lallana clearly fell out, doesn't mean he lost respect for the fans that supported him for the last 14 years.

He's a young lad offered 100k a week, 26 million over 5 years and the chance to further his career.

He may have acted out of turn, but does that show his lack of respect for Southampton or his desperation to join Liverpool?

If players like Hammond etc can move on and still be welcomed back then so should Lallana, he was good enough to leave in our first season in league 1 but didn't and he was a massive part of getting us back to the premier league.

It's good business, he's not worth 25 million to anyone other than Saints because of what he represented, we got good money he looks to be replaced by quality so we can all move on amicably now.

You don't get it do you? No one begrudges him a move to better himself but to effectively go on strike and belittle us in interview on Liverpool website is quite frankly appalling behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By acting out against the club that shows a lack of respect to the fans. You just don't get it, do you?

Gobsmacking you're comparing this to Dean Hammond's departure. When Deano left for Brighton did he say that when we played Brighton, deep down he dreamt he could play for them one day?

Lallana is a desperate rat, willing to refuse to play for the club that made him, helped his heart condition, made him captain oh, and paid him £60k a week - £3m a year for 5 years. You saying that's not enough to set his family up for life? How much is, £16m, £20m, genuinely interested what number you'd put on it?

He isn't worth £25m to us either as Bournemouth get c25%.

Anyway, feel free to fall for the words his PR team have put together for a proxy £500 Echo ad, I'd prefer it if he'd done an interview with the Echo, that way we'd know the words were his. Unfortunately we will never know as he took the easy option.

No egg on my face he acted like a knob he could of easily handled his move to Liverpool better and come out with the well wishes of the fan base....he didn't.

Edited by doddisalegend

Daily Echo have said he took this out as an alternative to an interview. That says it all IMO, the gutless rat didn't have the bottle to be questioned so took the easy route and paid a few hundred quid for an ad full of words written by his PR team.

How anyone can think this is a good gesture is beyond me!

Edit: Just seen the advert. Frankly it's appalling.

By acting out against the club that shows a lack of respect to the fans. You just don't get it, do you?

I totally agree to be honest !

People seem to struggle to get it in their self indulgent minds that this is someones career and their future, how stupid do those of you feel who would want to hold him back from a financially amazing opportunity? its life!! life is business no matter what way you look at it, if i held you back from rising up the financial food chain at another business, to help setup you own and your families lives, simply because im so self indulgent that i couldnt share u with anyone, id feel like a *****. And stupid. And selfish. He has done more than enough for this club and for us supporters, so GET OVER IT, let go, stop looking for someone to go out of their way to do whats best for you when you cant do the same in return to them!

He will be replaced, someone else will step up, time to pull the poster down of Adam and put his fulfillers poster up on the wall. Dont compare them either as most of u halfwits will, everyone is different, and they will give u another roundabout of emotions to go thru and so will the one after that.

So thanks Adam for the memories, and all the best in ur future ( apart from against us saints!)

TBH that ad makes it worse

Again very ill advised - the vitriol is there because most can not understand why someone who has any love or respect for the fans or the club that developed him, would treat it so allegedly shabbily the moment he is chased by another club.

There are sporting reason for going- but I maintain that as a sports person in a TEAM sport, the good of the team should always come ahead of personal glories... And it's not like a lower league player going from £1000 a week to £10k a week, where it's a life changing opportunity.... Thee is no Necessity or life changing when already set for life on £45k a week.... No our players who have left have gone for personal glory. Forgetting that the club that developed them could have progressed further had they been as dedicated to it as they would like us to believe from their post departure rhetoric.

TBH, this is not about the lack of class Adam has shown, but about footballers in general, putting their personal glory ahead of that of their club and team mates.... Short cuts to trophies and even more cash... Adam is not alone, but on this occasion illustrating that his advisors are thick as shied tiff they believe a few empty words in an ad will make up for it all.

With Lovren, and Morgan also likely to go, at what point are we 'allowed' to question what our club has been doing and the way it interacts with it's playing staff?

Sorry Dan , I will not have egg on my face

These comments in the echo above still annoy and rile me

In the advert, Lallana pays tribute to the club’s supporters and insists his memories of his long spell at Saints will last a lifetime.

Lallana has privately admitted the heartache of leaving the club that has been such a massive part of his life, and his desire to do all that he can to ensure that the fans understand his reasons for leaving and how much they have meant to him down the years.

He has admitted heartache of leaving the club.

Sorry it is reported that he refused to play for the club ever again so for me the comments above are tosh .

And just crocodile tears . Too little too late . Also his comments about joining Liverpool were disingenuous towards us.

It will take a lot more than a newspaper ad to forgive him .

I hope he does well at Liverpool . But somehow I think he will be more of a squad player than an automatic selection

Alec crook really is a knob after seeing his article .

Now Rodgers is after lovern shock horror .

Why didn't we just appoint Rodgers . I hope he gets sacked before MOPO

Advert or no advert the way he has behaved has left a bad taste in the mouth. The way Lallana , Pochettino and Lambert have behaved clearly shows the club can be bullied by the manager, players and another club like Liverpool - and I fully expect Schneiderlin and Lovren to leave in the same way now.

Without Sharez Liverpool were no better than us last season - probably worse - but how will you feel when they finish in the top 4 again this season with 3 of our players in their team - whereas we'll be bottom half at best, possibly in a relegation battle unless things change dramatically between now and the start of the season.

We will be an embarrassment if 3 of our players end up at Liverpool - and we are already a joke - which club started the World Cup with 3 England players and finished with none? And it could well be all 7 players who went to the World Cup leave us this summer.

Never have I cared so little for the England team.

With last years squad and manager with a couiple of additions we really could have been contenders this season - for the top 4 and maybe a even a cup.

I don't t really care about Lallana winning something with another club - or the fact he'll earn a lot more money when he's probably already earned more money than I'll ever see and I well paid. I wanted him to win something with Saints - and he was probably already the highest paid player the clubs ever had.

I hope everythiing comes good - and the players we bring in this summer our better than the ones we are losing - and that we can strengthen the squad over last season as well - and we continue to move forward - and maybe even win something - but right now that looks a very big ask.

How foolish do we look now singing that Saints were off to Brazil last season!?

And what example does it set for our much heralded academy graduates - the departure of Shaw and Lallana - make the first team, throw your toys out the pram and move on as soon as you can.

What's the point of trying to compete? It seems the football world - the press particularly - are determined we can't. I have never seen a team dismantled so thoroughly by the media.

Hopefully in a months time when we've signed Tadic, Pelle, Van Dijk, Rojos and Witsel to replace the players we've lost and added Caulker, Rodwell, Ings, Clasie, Martins-Indi, Firminio and De Vrij to give us the depth we need - I feel a whole lot better. And when they all gel spectacularly and we finally win something at the end of next season I'll laugh about all this - but that is very very unlikely isn't it.

You have to ask what's the point?

Now I know it's not all Lallana's fault - but he is very much part of the problem.

I totally agree to be honest !

People seem to struggle to get it in their self indulgent minds that this is someones career and their future, how stupid do those of you feel who would want to hold him back from a financially amazing opportunity? its life!! life is business no matter what way you look at it, if i held you back from rising up the financial food chain at another business, to help setup you own and your families lives, simply because im so self indulgent that i couldnt share u with anyone, id feel like a *****. And stupid. And selfish. He has done more than enough for this club and for us supporters, so GET OVER IT, let go, stop looking for someone to go out of their way to do whats best for you when you cant do the same in return to them!

He will be replaced, someone else will step up, time to pull the poster down of Adam and put his fulfillers poster up on the wall. Dont compare them either as most of u halfwits will, everyone is different, and they will give u another roundabout of emotions to go thru and so will the one after that.

So thanks Adam for the memories, and all the best in ur future ( apart from against us saints!)

when I move on to another company I don't burn any bridges and act like a big head. If that's your style then that is stupid and selfish.

And calling Saints fans half wits... Classy!

Is that the ad

I thought he would say a few more words than that .

And I don't get the 14 year thing as he only made his debut in the 2006 season against Yeovil and wasn't a regular to start with

I will thank him for his part in saints during the dark ages and our return to the premier . But sorry It will take more than a ad in the echo to change my my mind about him and the way he has left the club and all the things he said re new contract , his loyalty to saints etc etc

JWP please learn from al abysmal behaviour . You can become the new super saint . Just stay with us

Edited by Viking Warrior

Advert or no advert the way he has behaved has left a bad taste in the mouth. The way Lallana , Pochettino and Lambert have behaved clearly shows the club can be bullied by the manager, players and another club like Liverpool - and I fully expect Schneiderlin and Lovren to leave in the same way now.

Without Sharez Liverpool were no better than us last season - probably worse - but how will you feel when they finish in the top 4 again this season with 3 of our players in their team - whereas we'll be bottom half at best, possibly in a relegation battle unless things change dramatically between now and the start of the season.

We will be an embarrassment if 3 of our players end up at Liverpool - and we are already a joke - which club started the World Cup with 3 England players and finished with none? And it could well be all 7 players who went to the World Cup leave us this summer.

Never have I cared so little for the England team.

With last years squad and manager with a couiple of additions we really could have been contenders this season - for the top 4 and maybe a even a cup.

I don't t really care about Lallana winning something with another club - or the fact he'll earn a lot more money when he's probably already earned more money than I'll ever see and I well paid. I wanted him to win something with Saints - and he was probably already the highest paid player the clubs ever had.

I hope everythiing comes good - and the players we bring in this summer our better than the ones we are losing - and that we can strengthen the squad over last season as well - and we continue to move forward - and maybe even win something - but right now that looks a very big ask.

How foolish do we look now singing that Saints were off to Brazil last season!?

And what example does it set for our much heralded academy graduates - the departure of Shaw and Lallana - make the first team, throw your toys out the pram and move on as soon as you can.

What's the point of trying to compete? It seems the football world - the press particularly - are determined we can't. I have never seen a team dismantled so thoroughly by the media.

Hopefully in a months time when we've signed Tadic, Pelle, Van Dijk, Rojos and Witsel to replace the players we've lost and added Caulker, Rodwell, Ings, Clasie, Martins-Indi, Firminio and De Vrij to give us the depth we need - I feel a whole lot better. And when they all gel spectacularly and we finally win something at the end of next season I'll laugh about all this - but that is very very unlikely isn't it.

You have to ask what's the point?

Now I know it's not all Lallana's fault - but he is very much part of the problem.

Excellent post, sums up my feelings

Dear oh dear. He's just a footballer moving to another club to earn shed loads of cash and better the teams he plays against in the champions league. No one has died, no one has been murdered he has gone because he wants to. For gods sake move on and draw a line under him. Contracts do not mean a thing, nothing, zilch anymore. Footballers being the breed they are, will go to the club which pays them the most. Some of the reactions on here are simply mind blowing. Get some perspective people. It's only a footballer!

Did he jump - or was he pushed?.....

Everyone was desperate to do better last year (wanted Euro football) and the fact that we are losing top players isn't just the money....it's ambition to play against better (Euro) opposition.

If we want to blame anyone it should be Pochettino. There were soothing comments from grateful fans after last season, but when he jumped ship, he triggered all this " player panic ".

Do you think these players would be wanting away - if he were still manager? I've always found it easy to dislike Spuds as a club, and there's no way that'll change next season now that he's manager.

Edited by david in sweden

BrhCY57IYAAFcK-.jpg

It's just a big picture of himself, soaking up the adulation. I'd hope for something more humble, like one of him as a youngster happy to be a professional footballer. This photo just smacks of arrogance. It's more like an ad for himself than a thank you to the fans.

Ha Ha

Just seen this post in the echo . Is this Barry having a dig at us?

Look the lad has gone I don't know what he has said or haven't said that has made everyone so mad, I have been ban from the forum for telling everyone this was going to happen so far every player I said would be going is coming true. So you lot of so called fans don't like hearing the truth so keep your head in the sands and ban people who tell it like it is. I for one believe in the new manager and hope that he will bring in some good players to replace these players that have moved on. So let it go and get behind the saints

No one begrudges him a move to earn a stonking amount of cash. But how he has left will forever leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth, it didn't need to be like that Adam - but you've gone and made yourself look like a big headed ******. The comments about him dreaming of joining Liverpool whilst we were still playing last season is nothing but disgusting - he was our captain. It won't be nice to hear, but it's almost impossible for him to have a good reception now. A pretty cheap looking 1 page advert will make no difference.

Whoever advises him needs to be sacked.

Until I read the story where he strongly denies threatening to go on strike and takes legal action against those newspapers perpetuating the story which surely he would do if he hadn't said it I'll not be putting him back on my Christmas card list.

B*ll*cks

FOOK YOU

14 years that are now forgettable thanks to your disgraceful exit from Saints FC.

Fook you Lallana for your badge kissing insincerity - you could have had a place in our hearts.

Clattenburg was right - Saints FC supporters.

BrhCY57IYAAFcK-.jpg

Is it a 2-page ad? Does he mention the club on the second page?

My thoughts too.

I was expecting a lengthy missive if he took out a full page.

He's taking the p*ss out of us with cheesy meaningless platitudes. The photo even cynicall misuses the Poppy Appeal.

He's not even signed it, its' f**king Comic MS font or something..

I'm even more angry now. He needs to sack his PR adviser immediately.

Rebel, totally agree that if we had strengthened last years squad that we could have pushed towards the top. As it is, we should have got a lot more points than we did. All these players wanting to further their career elsewhere, shows a distinct lack of ambition with their current club ie us. I would have thought trying to achieve CL with Saints would be quite fulfilling but hey, money talks so it was never going to happen, especially if players were not fully committed to the club during the season and were looking to jump ship at the first opportunity.

Until I read the story where he strongly denies threatening to go on strike and takes legal action against those newspapers perpetuating the story which surely he would do if he hadn't said it I'll not be putting him back on my Christmas card list.

Exactly. He's not even address the club relationship or sought to dismiss the accusations against him.

Patronising c**t.

Is that it ???

A full page taken out and thats all he has to say ??

At the very least he should of given someone like Blackmore a 2-3 minute interview to get his view across.

I hope Wanyama goes in dry on him in front of the KOP

Typical, can afford a full page ad with the change he found down the back of his sofa yet can't be arsed to write more than 5 lines.

Sorry Adam, actions speak louder than words even if it is in 28pt Comic Sans, and it's pretty clear what you think of SFC and it's fans with the way you have acted - **** you.