Do You Like the new kit (2014/15 unbranded)?

The9

Opinion on the new 2014/15 home kit  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on the new 2014/15 home kit

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

The kit thread is winding down, but as you'll see below, we do this every year. Previous results below, which give an insight into how people felt in previous years.

Thanks for the poll, mods!

The_stripes_are_back_960x240.jpg

2009/10

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?23154-New-Kit&highlight=Stripe#.U7ayiJRdWSo

Umbro flybe JPT winning

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbIwixW1RcMoEhlO69vhKSj-EcXzLD_E2HohE0iYxCkyWg1MmF

Like It 83.5

Don't Like It 8.5

Meh 8.0

2011 : Do you prefer the Sash kit to the Stripes?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?27541-I-ve-fallen-for-the-sash&highlight=Stripe#.U7axvpRdWSo

Southampton-2010-Shirt.jpg

Yes 41.6%

No 41.6%

Dont Mind 16.8%

2011/12 Championship Umbro -stripes white sleeves aap3

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31337-Home-Kit-Revealed!&highlight=2013%2F14#.U7awp5RdWSo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWnUaAaqoK-qYL_kHnDM3pCLYEHZ3MD1LnL-5zjH1YIqAYHJdCOagV0g

Love It 38%

Hate It 5.6%

It's Ok 56.4%

2012/13: Umbro pinstripe all red Prem return kit

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37736-New-Kits-2012-13&highlight=umbro+premier#.U7a9h5RdWSo

article-2349676-1A8958EA000005DC-823_306x423.jpg

Do you like the new kit?

Good lord yes! 33.67%

Good heavens no! 50.97%

Is this really all we have to talk about? 15.36%

2013/14 Adidas Plain red aap3

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45463-New-Home-Shirt-do-you-like-it&highlight=Stripe#.U7azbZRdWSo

sb_boot_spotting_27_01_14_yoshida.jpg

Like it, will buy it 9.89%

Like it, but won't buy it 9.44%

Don't like it, won't buy it 59.33%

Don't like it, but will buy it anyway 6.56%

Not bothered 14.78%

2013 "Stripes or Plain Shirts"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45069-Stripes-or-Plain-Shirts&highlight=2013%2F14#.U7axAJRdWSo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtrYrC-rQcQs6Drf8-5W7TL-GZhrHteYvWUAEkeB36WJWcJxCMUQ

Stripes 63.8%

Predominant Single Colour 9.7%

Don't Mind 12.8%

Sash 13.8%

Edited by The9

I promised my son a full kit from his Grandad's estate. To be honest, I am happy that the old kit wasn't available when we tried a couple of months back (though we did order a Junior Medium kit which fits a 7 year old, not a 10 year old). So I am chuffed to go the whole hog with this kit, yep Stoke Sunderland etc, but whenever I saw them in the last couple of years, I wished it was Saints playing in the stripes. Now we are!

"don't worry jnr when grandad dies we will be able to afford full kit"

that sad story gave me bad feels, tpbury :(

Ah, you bastard! Think about it, the estate wouldn't have existed if the old bugger hadn't already shuffled off his mortal coil. I said it to my son (not in those terms) in order to make a lasting connection with him and his late grandad. In reality, the few grand left from my dad is the only opportunity to splash on this sort of stuff, so I think it is fitting.

I'm not offended, mate, and the lad will treat the new kit with the reverence it deserves!

I thought he was flogging rip offs out of the back of his car.

Overly formal, I do understand! Just ben dealing with it for ages, Solicitors, relatives, hangers on, knob heads. Can't see the woods for the trees! I do remember going up from Devon to Southampton in the back of our dad's Hillman estate - seatbelts? seats? No, just rolling around with the luggage!

Overly formal, I do understand! Just ben dealing with it for ages, Solicitors, relatives, hangers on, knob heads. Can't see the woods for the trees! I do remember going up from Devon to Southampton in the back of our dad's Hillman estate - seatbelts? seats? No, just rolling around with the luggage!

I suppose we all learn about the birds and bees in different ways.

Like it, I wont buy it, 50 quid for a footie shirt is a massive rip off, I tried to get the black away kit last year as a training top when it dropped in price but thats all I use them for in reality

I did like last years kit, the kit before not so much, thats not necessarily cos I dislike stripes they just get a bit stale IMO. This kit for our home brand is excellent though

Anyway, I and my Dad loved the stripes and hope it is decent quality, I suppose we'll find out in due course. I emailed a message in the All Saints game programme (vs Hull) - when I saw it, I realised I could've put lots more words and a photo.

I like it but I think the club have made a massive misjudgement.

We have now completely alienated the millions of SFC followers in China and across the far east who only became Saints fans because we had a plain red kit.

How are we going to make up the shortfall in revenue now we have walked away from this?

Clearly commercial suicide from our current leadership who lack the vision what the previous bloke had and stuff.

Pity there was no option for 'Like it, may buy it'. I'll reserve my judgement on whether I invest any more of my money when I see whether the club keeps it's promise to invest all the transfer fee money into new players. I'll not be holding my breath to be fair.

Like it...but hope we don't revert to playing rubbish...stripes in the Premier league tend to be associated with poor teams

Does it? We beat the 14th place we achieved in year one of revolutionary plain red plenty of times in stripes. And we matched 8th place in stripes.

I think he more means that no stripes team has ever won premier league, and it's been more than 10 years since one finished top 4*

* May not be fact

Good point Bear. Teams in stripes winning stuff was only really acceptable in the seventies, like bell bottoms, platform shoes, Frey Bentos pies and child abuse.

Well at least next season's 'star' players won't be inclined to sneak off to a look-a-like club, can't see a queue forming to join Stoke or Sunderland. Maybe those red shirts gave the recent deserters all the wrong ideas.

Going back to stripes epitomises what is wrong with this club and many of its fans, forever locked in the past and hating the idea of moving on into the 21st Century. If Stripes is the height of our ambition then a relegation struggle is almost a nailed-on certainty.... everything exactly like the 'good' old days!

So far 90% like, but 50% of them won't be buying it, could be price or any number of other things.

Loving the shirt and shorts, not too sure about the socks!!

What will they do with the number and what colour will it be? Also will it be just the number or the number on a white patch?

Apologies if it's been answered already, not had a chance to read all the way through!!

I have never owned a replica shirt, stick with Polo shirts myself.

Thought we'd turned a corner and things looked positive with the move away from red/white stripes to plain red shirts. Sadly not. I know I'm in the minority but I prefer plain colours and last season's kit, although fairly generic, was an improvement on the season's before. Unfortunately, we look like a Championship side again, or at worst, Sunderland or Stoke.

Good point Bear. Teams in stripes winning stuff was only really acceptable in the seventies, like bell bottoms, platform shoes, Frey Bentos pies and child abuse.

FRAY Bentos, FFS, that's where Gaston's from - we don't want Gaston sodding off as well... do we?

£50, is that right?

I can only go from what the OS page announcing the kit says. :D

I have assumed the reason it's high is because we won't be receiving any money from adidas this season for the privilege of producing our kit and getting their logo all over the telly during our matches. I am not joking.

Thought we'd turned a corner and things looked positive with the move away from red/white stripes to plain red shirts. Sadly not. I know I'm in the minority but I prefer plain colours and last season's kit, although fairly generic, was an improvement on the season's before. Unfortunately, we look like a Championship side again, or at worst, Sunderland or Stoke.

Rather than Bristol City, Swindon or Middlesbrough? Tragic.