Do You Like the new kit (2014/15 unbranded)?

The9

Opinion on the new 2014/15 home kit  

575 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on the new 2014/15 home kit

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

bit disappointed we couldn't be a bit more inventive than copying sunderland/sheff utd/brentford/exeter/lincoln

obv better than last season.....although a piece of d0g**** would also have been better

I don't really get the need to be "inventive". We wear stripes, other teams wear stripes. It's fine.

bit disappointed we couldn't be a bit more inventive than copying sunderland/sheff utd/brentford/exeter/lincoln

I absolutely guarantee that none of those sides will wear this kit, not even the same kit with a different badge. How inventive do you want us to be? We don't wear the same colour shorts and socks as any of the sides in similar kit in the same division - Liverpool had last season with a team that looked so much like them they've bid for a third of the team.

Like the shirt but..............

Shorts should be red and the socks white

Why, as we've never, EVER had that combination?

Actually, I think there was one game in L1 in 2009/10, but those socks were hooped.

Edited by The9

See? (Actually a couple of times, Watford and Wolves, still not white socks though).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLDeQB1UoDr_FuhkQdw0O0MTBcTbsISMU8gxkebydxYlD5eDwj

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoGVTRB7NGSG53TOnCgV2Qovv_x2aPxyDq0eFewF1rTGRc8i1f

Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Southampton+1ZKyHjlfbaCl.jpg

We only wore this once, but I'm not suggesting we wear it full time...

Maya+Yoshida+Barnsley+v+Southampton+7fjDn3oSgeWl.jpg

Edited by The9

The kit is nice but nothing special. Personally I'd have liked the classic Xerox/Air Florida era style but it is what it is and we have a nice kit that will please the masses and should sell (well at £50 a pop there may be an issue)

Like it. Strong stripes and classic black shorts. It reminds me of Dell times when I was younger. Up the real Saints!

But - the only problem with stripes from a design viewpoint is that modern logos don't always work well on stripes, and either look like stuck-on cut outs like the first aap3 logo and here, or like when plain lettering on stripes clash optically, like Sunderland's. I would have preferred the logo reversed out of a flat red horizontal panel. But the sponsor will always want to shout his name. (I suppose I will be told I'm being negative again.)

I like it, back to familiarity, but won't buy it. The good thing is bringing back stripes makes any old Saints kit I have look en vogue again. So why blow fiddy squid on the new one? I'll probs get it for Chrimbo any ways.

I also think it was important that, being unbranded, we produced a kit that looked classy and not tacky. I think they've achieved this.

Yeah I'm most impressed by this tbh. If anything I'd say it looks better than a lot of branded kits already out with other clubs.

This is the Southampton I began supporting in the old Division 3, with Paine and Sydenham sporting red stripes and black shorts. Grrrreat. I will feel more comfortable wearing my scarf to games now that its a better match to colours of the team.

I think it's a lovely shirt and will definitely be buying. £50 is a bit steep but unfortunately that's the modern football for you. I just hope they manage to make a shirt that the logo and or the numbers don't end up falling of after the first wash lol. Do we know anything about the away kit yet ?

This is the Southampton I began supporting in the old Division 3, with Paine and Sydenham sporting red stripes and black shorts. Grrrreat. I will feel more comfortable wearing my scarf to games now that its a better match to colours of the team.

Agreed.

I absolutely guarantee that none of those sides will wear this kit, not even the same kit with a different badge. How inventive do you want us to be? We don't wear the same colour shorts and socks as any of the sides in similar kit in the same division - Liverpool had last season with a team that looked so much like them they've bid for a third of the team.

Are you Liverpool in disguise? It turns out we were!

Good to see the PL's new idea of incorporating second teams of BIG teams in the League has been introduced so smoothly and with hardly a dissenting voice.

Prefer the 'Rank Xerox'.

Apart from that, yes, like it, especially after the last two years. This is a proper Saints kit.

I'm informed by my sons that I will be buying it !

Quite like the suggestion of a few people for navy blue shorts for a future change though.

always a pleasure seeing run to stueys aid

More lies, I couldn't give a f*ck what stuey says about anything, he's been proven on numerous occasions to be a bull*****er.

People didn't like the fake plain red kit that was posted on twitter and said, wrongly, that was the kit that cortese would have had us wear, which wasn't true. They said that was cortese meddling. Pretty much everyone on the ugly, even those that don't like stripes like this kit. Your post saying they don't due to cortese is bullsh*t.

9/10 for trolling.

Not trolling at all......The club have said they want to tap into the growing North American and other international markets and last year was a good start, there was certainly more than a little interest in Saints and we picked up a few new fans.....But i can tell you this for sure....It aint gunna happen looking like TFI Fridays.

It's no coincidence that teams in red and white candy stripes have next to no support over here or pretty much anywhere out side their own local catchment area...even teams like Fulham, Swansea and even the skates have non local support that dwarf all the red and white striped teams put together.

Saints fans may like it because they feel it's traditional and that's what they're used to....But the cold hard truth is, to the neutral with no ties to the City and who's looking for a team to support, it's gash.

Cortese understood this and was prepared to brake with tradition to help the growth of the Club.....Ralph on the other hand......well....

Not trolling at all......The club have said they want to tap into the growing North American and other international markets and last year was a good start, there was certainly more than a little interest in Saints and we picked up a few new fans.....But i can tell you this for sure....It aint gunna happen looking like TFI Fridays.

It's no coincidence that teams in red and white candy stripes have next to no support over here or pretty much anywhere out side their own local catchment area...even teams like Fulham, Swansea and even the skates have non local support that dwarf all the red and white striped teams put together.

Saints fans may like it because they feel it's traditional and that's what they're used to....But the cold hard truth is, to the neutral with no ties to the City and who's looking for a team to support, it's gash.

Cortese understood this and was prepared to brake with tradition to help the growth of the Club.....Ralph on the other hand......well....

For a split second it read like you actually believe that nonsense you've just typed.

I'm sure we did get a following in the US last season - we would have been the football hipsters team of choice, but not down to the effing kit.

Anyway, I bet Swindon Town must have quite the following stateside with their awfully sw anky plain red strip.

More lies, I couldn't give a f*ck what stuey says about anything, he's been proven on numerous occasions to be a bull*****er.

People didn't like the fake plain red kit that was posted on twitter and said, wrongly, that was the kit that cortese would have had us wear, which wasn't true. They said that was cortese meddling. Pretty much everyone on the ugly, even those that don't like stripes like this kit. Your post saying they don't due to cortese is bullsh*t.

stu said this (about the red and yellow one that granty put up)

The one on the left was the original one that was commissioned by Clotese. Luckily Kat and Ralph managed to order a redesign and change it to the one on the right.

and said this when I suggested that the actual kit was quite good...

To answer your question DellDays, this is how different it is to move from hideous to good.

:lol: Top draw as always.

stu said this (about the red and yellow one that granty put up)

and said this when I suggested that the actual kit was quite good...

So where exactly does he say he doesn't like the kit we have due to Corteses meddling? Here's a clue, no where. You made it up.

So where exactly does he say he doesn't like the kit we have due to Corteses meddling? Here's a clue, no where. You made it up.

it has been edited. along with a post from me which he replied to which now been edited.

it is like clockwork, anyone who mentioned stubo from the uglies, you on on it, sticking up for your partner in crime

it has been edited. along with a post from me which he replied to which now been edited.

Ahh of course, so now it's gone from some people on the ugly to just stu in a post that no longer exists :lol:

Or Maybe he continues to express his disgust along with the rest of the forum in the 'new kit' thread where where in the OP when he called the kit 'nice' or in the next post on the thread where he says 'amazing what a feel good factor respecting our history can give' and everyone else posting agrees it's a nice shirt. '******* smashing' 'best kit in a long time' etc etc not a single negative comment.

Oh no! Let's Ignore those Brett and you keep pretending that people on the ugly don't like the kit because of something to do with cortese. :lol:

Wrong. I have American friends who support Saints (who have no ties to the city) and all of them prefer this kit to the all red incarnation. Heritage and tradition is a big thing over there. Nice try for trolling though