Lack of signings

washsaint

I wouldn't class myself as a 'bedwetter' but am getting increasingly concerned that we have not made any signings yet.

We are going to need 6-7 new players to replace departees and improve squad depth but we have made none yet. Other clubs like West ham, Liverpool, Man U, Hull, Swansea are getting deals done early doors and I truly hope we are not left behind. I'm sure the club have signings lined up (or at least hope so) but would truly love 3-4 signings over the next week or so to settle things down.

Hopefully RK can persuade Morgan to give us one more season and, if we don't hit targets this season, allow him to leave with our blessing next summer. Lovren can p**s off after we helped resurrect his career.

Here's hoping for some good news over the next week or so.....we are due some for sure.

Academy alone will not be enough to bolster the squad but maybe the likes of Reed, Stephens and McQueen will be like new signings for us.

We are always complacent in the summer and leave things too late. Increasingly feel that we are going to get relegated.

Yeah, like we did last year when we then spent the season fighting against relegation. Then there was the shining light of Norwich who bought a load of quality early.

Glad to see normal service resumed:)

MASSIVE BIG CHUNKY + 1.

Where's that graphic posted a couple of weeks back of headless chickens running around? Does anyone have a decent image of people sleepwalking to relegation?

I, on the other hand, would definitely class you as a bedwetter! We've had a manager for what, a couple of weeks? We're four days into July, for goodness' sake, and we've got ITK knowledge that we'll have a signing by Tuesday. We've also signed up 9 academy players and given two academy graduates new contracts too. What more were you expecting?

The new board haven't signed a single player yet or managed to tie a senior player down to a new contract, so only natural that some are getting a bit twitchy. Confident there will be some movement next week though - I can't see Koeman being put in front of the media on Friday without at least 2 new players in place.

Some time yet before we worry. Deffo need a striker, midfielder, CB, left back and keeper..... That is without losing any more players from now

Need for what?

Don't get this "we need" a certain amount of players, in certain positions without quantifying it.

I think you mean "I would like..."

We are clearly very short with forwards but depends what your aim is.

I reckon team (you said without further departures) or

Boruc, Chambers, Lovren, Fonte, Clyne, Wanyama, Schneiderlin , Cork, Ramirez, Davis, Osvaldo would do OK.

Appreciate its very likely some will go, but also likely some will arrive.

Plus Gallagher, JWP, JayRod when fit, Mayuka.

Its prediction time soon and I am happy to make a bold and brave prediction instead of 'hiding behind my mothers apron' or changing my mind according to which way the wind blows.

I am telling you now, we need to act fast or we are going to be in big trouble.

I, on the other hand, would definitely class you as a bedwetter! We've had a manager for what, a couple of weeks? We're four days into July, for goodness' sake, and we've got ITK knowledge that we'll have a signing by Tuesday. We've also signed up 9 academy players and given two academy graduates new contracts too. What more were you expecting?

Have I missed a post from Guan or KBilly? What did they say?

Say what you like, the fact is that we are currently a rudderless ship with the crew jumping overboard and the sharks making circles around the boat. Wait for the vultures to appear as we hit the rocks.

Will be waiting a while as vultures tend to inhabit desert plains, mountains, forests, marshland, or savannahs.

Nothing would settle things more for both players and supporters than the arrival of a couple of decent signings. Koeman signed up almost a month ago and Reed lead us to believe we were close to bringing in players. Yet, we still haven't brought in anyone.

Sure, officially the transfer window has just opened, but I really thought the club had got things up and running where new players were concerned. Perhaps. we're in for players currently still on leave for being part of the World Cup, however. I think that would merely be wishful thinking.

I think we've identified the goalkeeper we want. so what's the hold up. Anyone thinking of joining the club will only be asking themselves more and more questions the longer the exodus continues. I can almost see no one wanting to join us except mercenaries with the desire of making a quick buck and leaving at the end of the season.

Why hasn't Katherina been on hand to welcome Koeman aboard? What is it with Ralph Krueger who's vanished off the dial. It doesn't improve the chances of calming concerns and indeed is somewhat worrying.

Has anyone thought that we have delayed announcements until after the new kit was announced? Makes perfect sense. Don't want incoming players lamely holding up an old scarf. Suspect there will be good news next week, and each and every one resplendent in the stripes.

Its prediction time soon and I am happy to make a bold and brave prediction instead of 'hiding behind my mothers apron' or changing my mind according to which way the wind blows.

I am telling you now, we need to act fast or we are going to be in big trouble.

You really do think you're hilarious, don't you?

a lot of what I can only describe as ned flanders on this forum, we could sell the stadium increase ticket prices, have forecast in goal and they'd still be smiling and slate anyone raising any negative issues. I don't think we need a panic buy but we desperately need a quality player to come in and steady the ship, how do you think it looks from a players point of view? You can't blame the likes of Lallana, Morgan, Shaw etc to want to leave

a lot of what I can only describe as ned flanders on this forum, we could sell the stadium increase ticket prices, have forecast in goal and they'd still be smiling and slate anyone raising any negative issues. I don't think we need a panic buy but we desperately need a quality player to come in and steady the ship, how do you think it looks from a players point of view? You can't blame the likes of Lallana, Morgan, Shaw etc to want to leave

How dare they want to leave for UCL football, titles, cups and lots and lots of ££.

Should have stayed at Saints FFS.

Having seen how easily Spurs blew 100mill on sh!te I am actually quite reassured that we are taking our time.

However if we leave it too late it will be a complete disaster, with so many outgoings we need to get something like a settled side before we kick-off the season.

How dare they want to leave for UCL football, titles, cups and lots and lots of ££.

don't kid yourself that if they were going to get less £££££,s they would be in such a headlong rush to leave and their agents even less keen. The chance of CL and titles is an added bonus

Having seen how easily Spurs blew 100mill on sh!te I am actually quite reassured that we are taking our time.

However if we leave it too late it will be a complete disaster, with so many outgoings we need to get something like a settled side before we kick-off the season.

This raises a good point! I'm inclined to think it's not time to panic just yet, so when is "too late"?

I'm going July 24th at 19:38.

If we've not signed two or three quality players by then, we are all dooooooommmmed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes but if we had signed just one quality player, despite the world cup and the new manager only starting work this week, they would have all happily stayed ................................:lol::lol::lol:

I would be pleased if we blew our money and finished 6th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will need at least 6 new players. Even with academy players stepping up, that won't cover the gaps we have in the squad. We were already light in a few areas and I really don't want to be flirting with relegation at all! The sooner we get our targets in, the better they can integrate. If our scouts have done their job, we know who we need, so it's only negotiations that are holding things up.