Markus Liebherr Day

St Chalet

Massive thank you to Markus, Katharina and Nicola for the fantastic recovery and now progress of our club these last 5 years. Some of the matches, moments and players such as Rickie Lambert that we've been fortunate enough to see and experience will live with us for a long time. Now we have a fantastic opportunity to build on that legacy with Katharina following in Markus's footsteps and she deserves our full support in doing so. The club is so much stronger than the last time we were in the Premier League and a couple of Lovren-type prima donnas isn't going to change that. Next season may be one of transition but we'll be fine long-term, I'm confident of that.

Forever a Saint

You gave us hope, you kept our dream alive , you gave us back the spirit of Southampton

Your smile is forever etched on my mind . It might only have been the JPT . But that was some special day for all us saints fans for which you will always be remembered for

Thank you Markus

And thank you Katharina for continuing with our journey . Your dad will be proud of you

Edited by Viking Warrior

I don't have the words to put into perspective what he has done for all of us.

Thank you.

You came when we were at our lowest point, you put your money into the club & resurrected Saints. I wish You had been here to see and savour every step up the ladder we took. Forever in our memories.

Thank you Markus.

These two posts sum it up superbly

Despite being taken from us far too young; you have left a great legacy that will be remembered and honoured by all Saints fans the world over.

We are all in your debt, and your memory will live long at St Mary's.

There ought to be a permanent memorial and Southampton City Council should name a road near St Mary's after you.

Saint Markus has only person to compete with as most important saint ever Sir Ted, I get the feeling that they often argue in heaven over who is more important both bigging up the others part while playing down their own

Yes...but you were responsible for putting Saints on the national footballing map in the first place.....

But you sir saved the club in it's darkest hour.....

That would be a great debate to see. :)

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

What a marvellous human being. Bailed SFC out at a time when things looked bleak. Not a hint of ego or triumphalism in the short time his life had to run. Managed an ethical, innovative company and generously set up the successful EPL team we've been enjoying for the past three seasons.

Forever a Saint

You gave us hope, you kept our dream alive , you gave us back the spirit of Southampton

Your smile is forever etched on my mind . It might only have been the JPT . But that was some special day for all us saints fans for which you will always be remembered for

Thank you Markus

And thank you Katharina for continuing with our journey . Your dad will be proud of you

Yep.

Thanks Markus, you started it.

Special thanks to Katharina for continuing the jouney.

It was on the pitch at a game last season close to the anniversary of his death. I seem to remember players warming up in 'Thank You Markus' shirts and Ralph giving a speech about Markus (and Katharina).

Everton their fans decided to make as much noise as possible all through Ralph's speech....

Edited by doddisalegend

That day we were taken over was such a good feeling, as good as you can have off the pitch as a football fan I think.

The Liebherr family have ultimately done as well out of it as Saints have, a shrewd financial decision to buy, from a shrewd man.