Random Ex- Academy Player Transfer News no-one will care about...

The9

• 2 weeks later...
NON-LEAGUE Frome Town have signed ex-Saints striker/wideman Jake Sinclair.

The Bath-based forward - younger brother of Aston Villa's Scott - was released from St Mary's during the summer.

The 21-year-old had joined Saints at the age of eight and made his first-team debut on August 27, 2013, at Barnsley in the Capital One Cup, going on as a 90th-minute substitute in a 5-1 second-round win.

In September last year he joined Scottish Championship outfit Hibernian on loan and returned to Saints in January.

Frome boss Nick Bunyard, whose side are currently in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division drop zone, said: "Jake has come out of the pro game with Saints and has ambitions to return to full-time football.

"The opportunity to sign him came by chance and was too good to turn down.

"I played with his dad and Rob Hobbs (Frome player) is best mates with his brother Scott.

"Jake is looking to get matches under his belt which will hopefully benefit us and him.

"He is a very sharp and technically gifted played but it is obviously a bit of a different environment than St Marys.

"He can play in several attacking positions so does give us more options going forward.

“Jake was on trial with Bristol Rovers but they didn’t offer him a deal and he’s still looking for a way back into full-time football.

“For us, it was a risk worth taking. It’s no skin off our nose if it doesn’t work out and maybe he’ll end up staying with us for the rest of the season.

“I think that he’d be looking to go to a club in League Two or the Conference, and they’re both tough, physical leagues."

Source: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/14134574.Frome_Town_sign_ex_Saints_forward/?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but saw a couple of names this morning.

I'm hoping that with the kit thread now resting for the summer, The9 might fancy doing an update on here ;)

ARIYIBI BID TURNED DOWN

Chesterfield have rejected an £800,000 bid from Brentford for winger Gboly Ariyibi, according to Sky sources.

We understand Barnsley have also made bids, Derby have made an enquiry and there is interest too from Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday.

----------------

IPSWICH SIGN BEST

Leon Best has penned a one-year deal with Ipswich after impressing during training.

The striker arrives as a free agent after leaving Rotherham at the end of last season.

• 1 year later...

Harley Willard joined Maidstone during the summer who then loaned to Eastbourne Borough for an initial month.

Saints look as though they have made the right decision whether or not to have offered him a new contract.

The physicality of some of the non-league teams must be a bit of any eye opener for kids like Harley who probably still have some growing to do.

I saw Willard play in Maidstone's first match this season against Maidenhead and he had a decent game. Looked lively, played some nice passes, hit the bar, definitely didn't look out of place. I wouldn't say there was any physical problems, I think people slightly underestimate the fitness of conference teams these days. Pretty much all are full time and you don't get so many big lumps kicking crap out of people anymore.

He has dropped out of favour though after other players returned to fitness (including ex Eastleigh midfielder Jai Reason) and has recently gone on loan to Eastbourne. Possible problems with his attitude, but the few people I know that watch Maidstone regularly were impressed with his technical ability and thought he was a good player.

• 1 month later...
Thought he was going to be absolutely brilliant in that first season under Sturrock, how wrong was I!? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Purely as an aside one of my mates is a delivery driver, if anyone can remember the Pop Band 5 Star from back in the 90's. they hit the top like a rocket, burned super bright then imploded. Steadman from the band now works in the transport office.

So what position is Yoann applying for?

I always thought it disappointing that my hero from years ago Phil Boyer ended up as a bank courier when his playing days were over: if he was playing today with the same shooting skills he could probably retire and buy his own bank.

Thought he was going to be absolutely brilliant in that first season under Sturrock, how wrong was I!? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

folly, griffit, cranie, hall, mills, blackstock.

where did it all go wrong? (the answer is pretty much immediately afterwards)

Purely as an aside one of my mates is a delivery driver, if anyone can remember the Pop Band 5 Star from back in the 90's. they hit the top like a rocket, burned super bright then imploded. Steadman from the band now works in the transport office.

I always thought it disappointing that my hero from years ago Phil Boyer ended up as a bank courier when his playing days were over: if he was playing today with the same shooting skills he could probably retire and buy his own bank.

The day Mark Dennis turned up to collect the post from the office I worked in in 1998 was a bit of a surprise.

folly, griffit, cranie, hall, mills, blackstock.

where did it all go wrong? (the answer is pretty much immediately afterwards)

Folly and griffit were both signed by Lowe at around 18 years old from France. The Hall you're talking about is presumably Fitz hall was signed by us from Oldham when he was in his early 20s and Blackstock joined us from oxford as a 17 year old none of them came through the academy.

The two that did Matt mills currently plays for forest having made nearly 400 appearances most of them at championship level and Craine currently plays for Huddersfield having also played nearly 400 times in the championship, both having pretty decent careers.

Not every player that plays for us came through the academy or is going to be the next Gareth bale.

Saw Ollie Lancashire make his debut - 10 years or so ago - at Loftus Rd where he was sent off after 30 minutes.

Since then he's been plying his trade around the lower leagues and noticed he's now turned up at Swindon.

Full marks to him for resilience !

Saw Ollie Lancashire make his debut - 10 years or so ago - at Loftus Rd where he was sent off after 30 minutes.

Since then he's been plying his trade around the lower leagues and noticed he's now turned up at Swindon.

Full marks to him for resilience !

I remember him at Walsall in the rearragned game in league one. he was full time with the Saddlers then. Spiderman got trashed in the opening minutes and went off, Walsall scored a goal and shut us out, second half there wasn't a kitchen sink to be found in any house in a 10 mile radius because we had thrown them all at the Walsall goal to no avail, Ollie Lancashire was centre to it all.

Folly and griffit were both signed by Lowe at around 18 years old from France. The Hall you're talking about is presumably Fitz hall was signed by us from Oldham when he was in his early 20s and Blackstock joined us from oxford as a 17 year old none of them came through the academy.

The two that did Matt mills currently plays for forest having made nearly 400 appearances most of them at championship level and Craine currently plays for Huddersfield having also played nearly 400 times in the championship, both having pretty decent careers.

Not every player that plays for us came through the academy or is going to be the next Gareth bale.

Folly I believe had to retire due to health reasons, remember him playing for a bit at Plymouth, then went to Dundee (? might be wrong)...

No, but I remember Five Star from the 80s...

• 2 months later...
Lee Holmes and Lloyd James at Exeter. I think Jake Thompson is still at Havant and Waterlooville. I really thought Thompson would make it big.

He's quit. Has started a new job: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/i-wouldn-t-want-england-s-starlets-to-repeat-my-mistakes-1-8272387

(Saw him walking around Finch Farm with Theo on SSN, so wondered what was going on).

That article is nonsense. Thompson was the quietest, most unassuming bloke ever and didn't actually like football very much. The whole "I spoke my mind" is typical skate rubbish. Bloke was too lazy and didn't really care.

• 3 months later...
Lee Holmes and Lloyd James at Exeter. I think Jake Thompson is still at Havant and Waterlooville. I really thought Thompson would make it big.

I thought the same about Jake Thompson. Technically very good, pace, skill etc but he ended up in the Conference South. Odd.

Jake Thomson. Ex-Saints and Newport County, what a life. I had no idea he was a Skate until now (and ugh to think I really liked him as a player in 2007), but if his experience can teach anyone anything, it should be not to pose for pics like this, ever, under any circumstances:

image.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...