'Low-key' friendlies next week

Saint Rees

It was originally planned for Saints to travel away for a high-profile European friendly between the games against Brighton and Bayer Leverkusen. However, this is no longer part of the schedule.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/11072014-ehc-hoensbroek-ksk-hasselt-friendlies-1743939.aspx#8EOoMZ0T29DQVXtE.99[/quote

It looks as though the high profile game is off.

So Mr Koeman, you no longer have three England internationals as part of your team? Sorry, we don't think you'll be that stern a test anymore.

The lad and I were planning to go but can't do next week as the schools and colleges haven't finished for the summer so no way we can go.
Reckon hardly ayone will go with it being such short notice, pity. Good little trip that'd be.

Find it strange that the "big" fixture fell through and we couldn't source any sort of reasonable replacement. Playing Devil's Advocate, could it be that Koeman didn't want another fixture sandwiched in at that point? I'm probably giving the club too much credit there.

Pity about the big Euro away fixture falling through, but the rest of the pre-season schedule looks well set up.

It should have been sorted weeks ago though. I know Saints fans who like to plan their summer holidays around watching the away preseason fixtures - who is going to be able to go with less than a week's notice?

It should have been sorted weeks ago though. I know Saints fans who like to plan their summer holidays around watching the away preseason fixtures - who is going to be able to go with less than a week's notice?
I've done plenty of foreign pre-season trips with Saints and know loads who wanted to go this year, so I'm aware of the frustration, I agree, should have been sorted sooner, bit disappointing.

Certainly a marked contrast to some of the trips to plush resorts in Switzerland and nice places like Evian in the Cortese days...

On another note- can't believe we haven't released Sharp and Mayuka on frees- just embarrassing seeing them there really..

The likes of Swansea and Villa go to the US, Newcastle and west ham to NZ and Oz and we go to exotic Belgium!! Surely we can do better than this Saints!!!

Certainly a marked contrast to some of the trips to plush resorts in Switzerland and nice places like Evian in the Cortese days...

On another note- can't believe we haven't released Sharp and Mayuka on frees- just embarrassing seeing them there really..

The likes of Swansea and Villa go to the US, Newcastle and west ham to NZ and Oz and we go to exotic Belgium!! Surely we can do better than this Saints!!!

Believe me that dragging your squad to NZ and OZ is not great for them. Takes them days if not weeks to recover properly

:lol: Nice try.

That sort of thing has to be arranged well in advance, Koeman has only been here a few weeks - this Belgium trip is a rushed job, spare of the moment. Nothing could be organised prior to this because of the summer of uncertainty. Not sure what else you expect.

Also, why would we release Mayuka on a free when he still has 2/3 years remaining on his contract and cost us £4.5m? If we did want to ship him off, we'd still recoup at least half I'd think. I still don't really believe he's ever had any sort of opportunity here, grossly mismanaged - but you do worry about his lack of impact in France last year. Worth a look though.

Did anyone see Morgan in any of the vid or photo's?

I believe he gets a standard "X" amount of weeks for holiday following his departure from the World Cup. He's enjoying baguettes and cigarettes, or whatever it is French people enjoy, along St Tropez beaches.

I believe he gets a standard "X" amount of weeks for holiday following his departure from the World Cup. He's enjoying baguettes and cigarettes, or whatever it is French people enjoy, along St Tropez beaches.

3 weeks. France only got knocked out on the 4th, should be back towards end of next week. Gaston should be back this weekend (knocked out on 28th June). Hence Lovren and Yoshida are back already, Croatia and Japan knocked out on 23rd/24th June. If we had any English players (left) they would have been back before they departed :rolleyes: Good job we didn't have any German, Argentinian, Dutch or Brazilians on duty, they will not rejoin their clubs until August. Maybe that's why Guly is still on his hols (and that his contract has not been renewed). Still think Guly would have done better than Joe or Fred.