The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2015 Thread

swannymere

I've always wanted to go to Glastonbury but never have but if AC/DC headlined I'd be there. Wouldn't really bother me who else was there, Radiohead, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses? I'm not really up with music - lol!

No, he doesn't struggle with a lot of their material. He sings some of it differently than you would imagine Bonn Scott singing it perhaps, but then he would, wouldn't he?

He struggles with anything that Scott did, imo.

The problem is that the vast majority of stuff they do is stuff Scott did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzw6j1mAnsQ

I was here for this 23 years ago, btw. It'll only be worse with age.

You do know that Fatboy was there this year Swanny?

Yep, but i think next year might mark a return to former glories, plus the Pyramid needs a big dance act like the old days of The Chemical Brothers or Underworld, can't see Avicii or Tiesto having the same appeal.

ABBA is a good shout if the reunion happens, i think they also might chance a big Country act after Dolly's triumph.

I'm convinced Fleetwood Mac would have headlined this year if it wasn't for John McVie getting cancer.

Thankfully, it sounds like he is on the mend.

The rhetoric coming out from every angle last year was pointing to a Mac headline slot. Hopefully, Mr McVie fully recovers and they do a U2 and take their place next year.

That would be epic. I'd make a massive mess of the Pyramid, it would almost be Arcade Fire levels of excitement for me.

No idea about the other headliners. Apparently all three are booked, with one supposedly booked side of the stage during Metallica. Some suggest this is AC/DC due to them sharing a manager with Metallica (stangely, this is Louise Mensch's husband). Friends tell me they are pretty epic live. Wonder if they'll do what they did at Download a few years ago and bring their own stage? Or will the humble Pyramid suffice?

No idea about the other headliners. Apparently all three are booked, with one supposedly booked side of the stage during Metallica. Some suggest this is AC/DC due to them sharing a manager with Metallica (stangely, this is Louise Mensch's husband). Friends tell me they are pretty epic live. Wonder if they'll do what they did at Download a few years ago and bring their own stage? Or will the humble Pyramid suffice?

If they can put cannons on the top of it, it'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGvO7T_aFtk

Yep, but i think next year might mark a return to former glories, plus the Pyramid needs a big dance act like the old days of The Chemical Brothers or Underworld, can't see Avicii or Tiesto having the same appeal.

ABBA is a good shout if the reunion happens, i think they also might chance a big Country act after Dolly's triumph.

Garth Brooks is on the comeback trail apparently. At least Brits have heard of him

Was thinking earlier this week. After Dolly, who could they get to follow her for the 4pm Sunday Legend slot?

http://www.supajam.com/news/story/Internet-storm-as-Eavis-is-finally-on-the-edge-of-getting-Glastonbury-Festival-headline-wish?tr=14095450&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=news-628&utm_content=summary-read

Internet storm as Eavis is finally on the edge of getting Glastonbury Festival headline wish

Reliable Festival rumours website efestivals has suggested that Fleetwood Mac are confirmed to headline Glastonbury 2015 festival.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
You get tickets in the end Phil?

It sold out in record time this year!!!!

(I'm ok though, I'm going :) :) :) )

One of our team got through entered all the details in the payment page and got kicked off. Absolutely gutted.

Gonna have to find a blag way to get there.

Hell, if I can blag my way onto the 18th Green into the melee with the players & the Champers celebrations at end of The Ryder Cup this one should be a piece of cake.... (and get my mug on TV & in most of the papers that weekend! 8) )

(Actually have a mate from here who just moved in to Pilton so time to feed him lots of beer and try the resident/contractors route) Pretty small chance but probably larger than relying on the resale! He may not be able to help my two mates but he said in worst case he could be able to help me & Mrs D_P. His new gaffe is the VIP Helicopter landing pad for the event so he will have some clout.

I hope.

:?

You do know that Fatboy was there this year Swanny?

Headliners

Abba, Genesis with Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush.......

Oh and some Metal support bands & maybe Kiss, Marky Ramone.......

;)

A Genesis reunion with Gabriel and Hackett would be special but it sounds like Phil Collins has knackered his back and cant play so doubt if it would happen. There was talk of them taking The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway back on the road but has been scuppered by Collins problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lionel Richie confirmed for the Sunday Afternoon Legends slot, would be great with the sun shining.

Yeah should be a fun Sunday Sing-a-long.

Starting to think Foo Fighters will take one headliner slot.

Mac have just been announced for IoW as 'worldwide festival exclusive' - whatever that means? Doesn't look great for a Glasto slot though :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure i'll be watching Kanye but i'm glad he's playing. All the people spitting their dummies out clearly haven't been before - it really doesn't matter who's headlining the Pyramid with all the other stuff going on. You don't even need to watch any music after 8pm with all the shenanigans going on round Shangri-La (which'll seemingly led by KRG this year!).

Can't wait for the full lineup now, should be an interesting one.

Not sure i'll be watching Kanye but i'm glad he's playing. All the people spitting their dummies out clearly haven't been before - it really doesn't matter who's headlining the Pyramid with all the other stuff going on. You don't even need to watch any music after 8pm with all the shenanigans going on round Shangri-La (which'll seemingly led by KRG this year!).

Can't wait for the full lineup now, should be an interesting one.

See you up there Mikey :)

I'll be the one dressed like an idiot, with stoooopid sunglasses on (at night) and with my face falling off. :thumbup:

See you up there Mikey :)

I'll be the one dressed like an idiot, with stoooopid sunglasses on (at night) and with my face falling off. :thumbup:

I'll be the bald geezer carefully sipping a can of warm cider and doing his best impression of a middle-aged accountant :(

I love Glasto but even at the age of 23 I feel like I lack the energy for all the late-night stuff, amazes me when I see these crusty 70 year old hippies swatting away pink elephants at 5am in the Snakepit! Perhaps there may be a chemical element to it that i'm underestimating..

Either way it looks like Hot Chip will be headlining the Other Stage or John Peel (depending on if they get a 'big' headliner for the Other). Seen some awesome sets in the JP in recent years, keen to see who they have playing there this year.

I'll be the bald geezer carefully sipping a can of warm cider and doing his best impression of a middle-aged accountant :(

I love Glasto but even at the age of 23 I feel like I lack the energy for all the late-night stuff, amazes me when I see these crusty 70 year old hippies swatting away pink elephants at 5am in the Snakepit! Perhaps there may be a chemical element to it that i'm underestimating..

Either way it looks like Hot Chip will be headlining the Other Stage or John Peel (depending on if they get a 'big' headliner for the Other). Seen some awesome sets in the JP in recent years, keen to see who they have playing there this year.

:scared:

What are you implying Mikey? Do people take naughty things at Glastonbury?

:scared:

What are you implying Mikey? Do people take naughty things at Glastonbury?

I think I may have smelled somebody smoking a cannabis cigarette once at the Stone Circle. Disgusting behaviour and I hope that person was severely reprimanded for it. Drugs is for mugs!

• 3 weeks later...
You get tickets in the end Phil?

It sold out in record time this year!!!!

(I'm ok though, I'm going :) :) :) )

Realised today that the deadline for paying off the ticket balance was yesterday, as such I'm not going now, what a chump!!!!

One of my friends won the chance to play. She got to the last 8 of the Emerging Talent competition and will be on the Avalon stage at some point.

http://lucykitchen.com/

I went to school with/lived opposite a girl called Lucy Kitchen. That is not her though.

Boring unrelated nonsense aside. Pretty pleased with that line up. Hoping Chems will be the same time as Kanye. Definitely going to be heading up to Sharon van Etten on my own for a little weep, hope she's on the Park.

• 3 weeks later...