Saints Happy, Clappy, Chappy (No bed wetters allowed)

Bermuda Saint

This is not for the pessimist. This is an optimistic opinion of a saints supporter who has supported the club for the past 50 years!. This is not a ***** session about the board, player’s loyalties or coaches. This is a “SAINTS ARE AWSOME!” and “SAINTS GO MARCHING IN! ……to the top 6” positive post.

Saints have come from league 1 to 8th place in the PL in 4 years

Saints have a billionaire owner that has supported and nurtured the club into a TOP half PL team, invested in the youth and infrastructure.

Have produced world class players through our now famous youth academy

Play an attractive style of football, based on skilled players who are suited to the pressing, passing, ball retention and attacking play that can be such a joy to watch.

Hiring progressively better coaches that have moved the team forward for the past 5 years.

Three English Saints players being called up to the Senior National Squad.

7 Saints players chosen for the WC.

These are some of the reason we have to be happy over the past 5 years. The road was not all smooth sailing and this year is no exception. There seems to be a lot of negative things that have gone on since our great achievements of last year, But I think all of them can be seen as positives if we continue to move forward in a smart, calculated and unified direction.

NC leaving – Seen as the tyrant who captained the ship through rough waters with unwavering abandonment to personal fiscal prudence, protocol, and club traditions to obtain a lofty dream of reaching the top 4. (Thanks NC, but we march on without you, we did not implode, the Board and owners took the helm and sailed on to new challenges).

MP leaving – Progressive coach that had introduced the best pressing game that the PL has seen. Le

ad us to the highest position ever . (His Judas exit has resulted in the hiring of the best CV manager we have ever hired. A very good piece of business by the board. RK has proven he is a winner with an attractive progressive playing/coaching style that will suit Saints philosophy.)

Three of our best players are leaving and maybe more – hard to optimistic about this one, but it is not as bad as it seem. We did lose a dream here, the dream of this squad that has matured from LG1 to PL will stick together to see this project out is dead! Good time it was! but a new era has to be ushered in. (We sell those highly prized English assets because they no longer want to play for us, sad but life goes on, get top dollar and reinvest in new exciting players for far less, adding quality and depth. )

The future looks bright!

RK has a great CV, he comes from a club that is better than the Saints in producing WC talent. He brings so much to the table that we can use to launch ourselves to even higher heights. His reputation with working with young talented players (Saints have a few of those kicking around) and bringing them into the first team will continue to provide the first team with fresh hungry players. Here is some facts about Feyenoord that I found very interesting.

More players at the ongoing World Cup have come through the Feyenoord Academy than the academy of any other club. Nine players at Brazil 2014 came through the Feyenoord Academy.

All told, eleven members, nearly half of the 23 members of the Netherlands’ World Cup squad, either came up through Feyenoord’s youth academy or spent a significant amount of time at the club in the early stages of their professional careers. Four of them (Stefan de Vrij, Bruno Martins Indi, Terence Kongolo and Jordy Clasie) are first-team regulars at De Kuip.

Robin van Persie, Jonathan de Guzman, Leroy Fer and Georginio Wijnaldum played in various age groups at Varkenaard before making the step up to the first team and then leaving for pastures new.

RK knows what WC players are, he has played, coached and managed them through the years. I trust his judgement of good players. If he can continue to use his connections and bring in good players from the Dutch league and other European teams at a fraction of the price we have sold our players then I see us being stronger not weaker.

We have approx. 60 mill from the sale of three players along with the promised transfer budget added to players sales we could have 80-100mill war chest to replenish our team. That can buy a lot of proven or promising talent.

The Dutch looked good at WC, heck a lot of teams looked good, I thought the overall play and player level was very high. This gives me optimism that we can replace our want away stars with better, yes better than them. There was so much talent on display and we are now in the best financial, league and coaching position that we have ever been to attract that talent.

Tadic is a great example, this boy has been rated as one of the best midfielders in the whole of the Dutch league! That is damn good even if you don’t rate the dutch league. The Dutch league had 10 players in the Dutch WC squad and they sure as hell played better than England, so real quality can come from this league.

If the RK factor can bring in a few more players from his native Holland and any other players around the world that his name alone can be enough to get players to sign then that will be great! But I feel we will struggle to sign the last few pieces of the puzzle because we will do what we have been doing for the past two years( and rightly so!). Bidding on players that are CL level, that means we usually are not first choice for the player and will have to wait to see what the big boys do with their transfers.

The optimist once again shines through even though as a fan I will be frustrated (but prepared) to wait until the close of the transfer window to see how well we have done in the transfer market, and with a great coach, lots of money and a reputation that is growing that we play good attractive football that can match the best the PL has to offer, I expect to be very happy with who we have acquired and what is to come from the new future ahead.

Last year I was wondering how we could ever make the dream of being a top 4 a reality, maybe not a regular fixture, but a sneak in there one year. We had a talented side that reached as high as 3rd and had one of the best defensive records in all of Europe early in the last season. To progress we needed a few more quality pieces to push on. That takes a lot of money. Well, now we have the money after a few key sales, and now if we are good and lucky in the transfer market, we can improve this team all round and challenge for the top 6.

So all my fellow happy chappy, may we all sing “when the Saints go marching in…..to European and cup glory!!!” :D. The future looks bright, keep your chin up, COYR!

to be fair the bed wetting is also done in public.

where are the threads for those of us who keep the bed dry?

If you did that and kept your feet on the ground at all times you were a Cortese hater who didn't buy into his vision when he was here and part of the anyone but Cortese brigade now.

"The Dutch league had 10 players in the Dutch WC squad and they sure as hell played better than England, so real quality can come from this league."

Did not realise this. Fair play, makes me more hopeful that Tadic & Pelle can perform in the PL

it is a pretty weak league

Finally a post that speaks words!

so many people just calling other people "jizz cocks" and "over the top"

I remember when driving home from Liverpool away last season and hearing on the radio a saints fan saying "we played Yeovil last season, now we played Liverpool and beat them in their back yard this season and next season we will be beating bayern munich in CL!" - This was like in September!

I just loved that fact that no-one could begrudge a saints fan for being that so optimistic about beating liverpool!

thats what makes our club/fan based so good, you dont get that anywhere else.

good times are well and truly continuing....

This is not for the pessimist. This is an optimistic opinion of a saints supporter who has supported the club for the past 50 years!. This is not a ***** session about the board, player’s loyalties or coaches. This is a “SAINTS ARE AWSOME!” and “SAINTS GO MARCHING IN! ……to the top 6” positive post.

Saints have come from league 1 to 8th place in the PL in 4 years

Saints have a billionaire owner that has supported and nurtured the club into a TOP half PL team, invested in the youth and infrastructure.

Have produced world class players through our now famous youth academy

Play an attractive style of football, based on skilled players who are suited to the pressing, passing, ball retention and attacking play that can be such a joy to watch.

Hiring progressively better coaches that have moved the team forward for the past 5 years.

Three English Saints players being called up to the Senior National Squad.

7 Saints players chosen for the WC.

These are some of the reason we have to be happy over the past 5 years. The road was not all smooth sailing and this year is no exception. There seems to be a lot of negative things that have gone on since our great achievements of last year, But I think all of them can be seen as positives if we continue to move forward in a smart, calculated and unified direction.

NC leaving – Seen as the tyrant who captained the ship through rough waters with unwavering abandonment to personal fiscal prudence, protocol, and club traditions to obtain a lofty dream of reaching the top 4. (Thanks NC, but we march on without you, we did not implode, the Board and owners took the helm and sailed on to new challenges).

MP leaving – Progressive coach that had introduced the best pressing game that the PL has seen. Le

ad us to the highest position ever . (His Judas exit has resulted in the hiring of the best CV manager we have ever hired. A very good piece of business by the board. RK has proven he is a winner with an attractive progressive playing/coaching style that will suit Saints philosophy.)

Three of our best players are leaving and maybe more – hard to optimistic about this one, but it is not as bad as it seem. We did lose a dream here, the dream of this squad that has matured from LG1 to PL will stick together to see this project out is dead! Good time it was! but a new era has to be ushered in. (We sell those highly prized English assets because they no longer want to play for us, sad but life goes on, get top dollar and reinvest in new exciting players for far less, adding quality and depth. )

The future looks bright!

RK has a great CV, he comes from a club that is better than the Saints in producing WC talent. He brings so much to the table that we can use to launch ourselves to even higher heights. His reputation with working with young talented players (Saints have a few of those kicking around) and bringing them into the first team will continue to provide the first team with fresh hungry players. Here is some facts about Feyenoord that I found very interesting.

More players at the ongoing World Cup have come through the Feyenoord Academy than the academy of any other club. Nine players at Brazil 2014 came through the Feyenoord Academy.

All told, eleven members, nearly half of the 23 members of the Netherlands’ World Cup squad, either came up through Feyenoord’s youth academy or spent a significant amount of time at the club in the early stages of their professional careers. Four of them (Stefan de Vrij, Bruno Martins Indi, Terence Kongolo and Jordy Clasie) are first-team regulars at De Kuip.

Robin van Persie, Jonathan de Guzman, Leroy Fer and Georginio Wijnaldum played in various age groups at Varkenaard before making the step up to the first team and then leaving for pastures new.

RK knows what WC players are, he has played, coached and managed them through the years. I trust his judgement of good players. If he can continue to use his connections and bring in good players from the Dutch league and other European teams at a fraction of the price we have sold our players then I see us being stronger not weaker.

We have approx. 60 mill from the sale of three players along with the promised transfer budget added to players sales we could have 80-100mill war chest to replenish our team. That can buy a lot of proven or promising talent.

The Dutch looked good at WC, heck a lot of teams looked good, I thought the overall play and player level was very high. This gives me optimism that we can replace our want away stars with better, yes better than them. There was so much talent on display and we are now in the best financial, league and coaching position that we have ever been to attract that talent.

Tadic is a great example, this boy has been rated as one of the best midfielders in the whole of the Dutch league! That is damn good even if you don’t rate the dutch league. The Dutch league had 10 players in the Dutch WC squad and they sure as hell played better than England, so real quality can come from this league.

If the RK factor can bring in a few more players from his native Holland and any other players around the world that his name alone can be enough to get players to sign then that will be great! But I feel we will struggle to sign the last few pieces of the puzzle because we will do what we have been doing for the past two years( and rightly so!). Bidding on players that are CL level, that means we usually are not first choice for the player and will have to wait to see what the big boys do with their transfers.

The optimist once again shines through even though as a fan I will be frustrated (but prepared) to wait until the close of the transfer window to see how well we have done in the transfer market, and with a great coach, lots of money and a reputation that is growing that we play good attractive football that can match the best the PL has to offer, I expect to be very happy with who we have acquired and what is to come from the new future ahead.

Last year I was wondering how we could ever make the dream of being a top 4 a reality, maybe not a regular fixture, but a sneak in there one year. We had a talented side that reached as high as 3rd and had one of the best defensive records in all of Europe early in the last season. To progress we needed a few more quality pieces to push on. That takes a lot of money. Well, now we have the money after a few key sales, and now if we are good and lucky in the transfer market, we can improve this team all round and challenge for the top 6.

So all my fellow happy chappy, may we all sing “when the Saints go marching in…..to European and cup glory!!!” :D. The future looks bright, keep your chin up, COYR!

I can't be bothered to read all of this but I agree happily, clappily and with completely arid bedlinen!

We are indeed blessed...thank you St Markus

Finally a post that speaks words!

so many people just calling other people "jizz cocks" and "over the top"

I remember when driving home from Liverpool away last season and hearing on the radio a saints fan saying "we played Yeovil last season, now we played Liverpool and beat them in their back yard this season and next season we will be beating bayern munich in CL!" - This was like in September!

I just loved that fact that no-one could begrudge a saints fan for being that so optimistic about beating liverpool!

thats what makes our club/fan based so good, you dont get that anywhere else.

good times are well and truly continuing....

What an over the top jizz cock.

Whilst everyone has their jizz socks wringing wet. Just to remind a few that we have not even replaced the players that left, let alone added to a pretty thin squad

Jizz cocks, Jamie - not jizz socks; that's just you and teenagers lacking medium-term thinking powers.

Check behind your radiators to make sure there are no crusty escapees.

Well, it makes a pleasant change from all of the doom and gloom that ensued when Cortese left, when Pochettino left, when Lallana, Lambert and Shaw left.

The tide began to turn with the signing of Tadic and Pelle in four days and if the momentum continues with several other decent signings, then the optimism will flourish. In the past few years of this journey we have had what were perceived to be setbacks, which turned out to be blessings in disguise, like the departures of Pardew, Adkins and now Pochettino, all being replaced by somebody better hopefully, if this trend has continued with Koeman

There is no concrete evidence yet that the upwards trajectory of the past few years is at an end. We will soon have a better idea at least of how the team looks, even if we won't know how it performs until they have been together a few months.

It's not just Saints fans who think our future looks bright either.

Every footy fan (who is not a Saint) I spoke to a couple of weeks ago couldn't help but talk about Liverpool and 'losing all our players'.

Now, weirdly (and I have no idea where they are getting their info from - they ain't on here!) EVERYONE I know who is into footy is saying 'Saints looking good' 'Bet your happy, eh!?' 'Getting Koeman's a bit of coup' and 'reckon Saints will be there or there abouts'.

Also much less enthused about Liverpool's chances and ALL (including the spuds) give MoPo until Christmas at best and then start talking about ABV.

Strange, we had that buzz all last season (non saints liking saints) and it looks like it might continue.

I don't read the papers during the week, unless linked on here or social media/Google alerts; so it's pleasing to know the message is getting out somehow!

Up The Jizz Cocking Saints I Tell Ye!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

• 3 months later...
Here is some facts about Feyenoord that I found very interesting. More players at the ongoing World Cup have come through the Feyenoord Academy than the academy of any other club. Nine players at Brazil 2014 came through the Feyenoord Academy.

What the F...? You want Koeman to buy our biggest talents because they are cheap to get? I like Saints very much but as a Feyenoord fan I would like to tell you to p... off! :D But there's no need for that, Koeman loves Feyenoord and he won't be like Wenger who stole van Persie for a nickle and a dime, Koeman will pay a fair price whenever he believes one of our talents is ready for the PL. At this moment there's only one player at Feyenoord who is ready for the next step and that is Jordy Clasie although I do have my doubts about him playing in the PL because of his fysics (he's rather small). But if he wants to move over to the PL, Saints might be the right club for him because of Koeman and the way he wants to play. I guess 10 million will be enough but as Saints can swim around in their cash, 5 more will do thank you very much!

Terence Kongolo and Sven van Beek are our new central defenders and they are better than Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi but both need to get more experienced before they are ready to go abroad. Besides that, Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi are not that good as you seemingly believe. Holland didn't play that well at the WC either, we were just lucky that Robben played the tournament of his life...

With Pelle and Tadic Saints have got the best players from the Dutch league last year and they are surely missed at present. At this moment there are no players in Holland equal to them so you don't have to bother with the Dutch league for now.