Matty Targett...

Unbelievable Jeff

Targett looks good on the ball but was nowhere near competitive enough last night and never got off the ground for Derby's goal facing the wrong way.

As for Bertrand it looks like nobody has seen his interview on SSN on Thursday afternoon. He was very complimentary on Mark Hughes and how well it is all going and how Hughes has done terrifically well picking everybody up and making all the players gel.

He then went on to talk about the job not done yet but once it was done we need to prepare and he is really looking forward to next season here. I know if big offers come in he could have his head turned, but it looks like he has a successful IT company and has already suffered from not getting enough games at a big club. He sounded very grounded and I suspect he values being first choice over anything and the club have learnt a serious lesson and he seems to expect us back up the league next season provided we stay up.

Targett is better then McQueen at LB, personally I would love for him to stay as back up and give him league cup games and maybe the odd 10-15 mins here and there.

We need a better RB or back up RB so that has to be something to look at in the summer, we don't want to have to try and find a back up LB and RB this summer.

Chez, you've never really rated Targett, have you? Much as I have never been able to understand people's high rating of JWP!. I agree with you on MT..........Should Bertrand leave we definitely need a quality replacement; sadly Sam McQueen falls into the same category - not quite good enough for Prem level Football.

Very good footballer. A first touch that enables him to play at a good level, but the way Zaha tore him apart at SMS is hard to get out of my mind. As a left back he wasn't anywhere near good enough at that point. Weak and so slow. A few good crosses whilst hiding at left midfield was not enough to change my opinion. I have to say though, he looked much stronger when I saw him at the start of this season, and maybe even a little sharper too, which encouraged me, but watching him at Fulham he still has a long way to go. I am glad he went out on loan and as cover he might be just about good enough next season, maybe, but he isn't a player that will put opponents on the back foot. My concern is that we have had two of the best left backs in the league over the last five years. Settling for Targett just sees us weakened. The squad needs to be improved otherwise we will struggle again next season.

Targett looks good on the ball but was nowhere near competitive enough last night and never got off the ground for Derby's goal facing the wrong way.

As for Bertrand it looks like nobody has seen his interview on SSN on Thursday afternoon. He was very complimentary on Mark Hughes and how well it is all going and how Hughes has done terrifically well picking everybody up and making all the players gel.

He then went on to talk about the job not done yet but once it was done we need to prepare and he is really looking forward to next season here. I know if big offers come in he could have his head turned, but it looks like he has a successful IT company and has already suffered from not getting enough games at a big club. He sounded very grounded and I suspect he values being first choice over anything and the club have learnt a serious lesson and he seems to expect us back up the league next season provided we stay up.

Bertrand's comments about Hughes and Saints were largely past tense.

He will go I think. Has been a great signing and replaced Shaw brilliantly but has done his time here now I think.

He will go I think. Has been a great signing and replaced Shaw brilliantly but has done his time here now I think.

I would have shaw back in a heartbeat if Bertrand leaves

I think his departure this summer has been on the cards for the season. He's given good service for four seasons, and as he's 29 in August I think this is a good time for us to part, and perhaps the last chance of raking in a large sum. Providing we get the £25-30m touted, and Reed doesn't fritter it on rubbish, or Cariilo's, and reinvests in quality then it'll be a good move all round.

It annoys me when people on here talk about McQueen and Targett not being good enough. I'm not saying that they are wrong but does that mean we bring another Cedric Soares or Wesley Hoedt? Average players that seem to be perceived as better because they are foreign. Seriously, can we not find a fb and cb that is English and as good as them? If we played McQueen and Targett regularly then like Stephens and Yoshida, they would improve.

You know, that was the best thing about Poch, he wasn't afraid to play the players that could be good enough.

It annoys me when people on here talk about McQueen and Targett not being good enough. I'm not saying that they are wrong but does that mean we bring another Cedric Soares or Wesley Hoedt? Average players that seem to be perceived as better because they are foreign. Seriously, can we not find a fb and cb that is English and as good as them? If we played McQueen and Targett regularly then like Stephens and Yoshida, they would improve.

You know, that was the best thing about Poch, he wasn't afraid to play the players that could be good enough.

Welcome to the PL it happens everywhere not helped by the fact that English players normally cost a premium. Personally I couldn't care less if a player English, Dutch, Nigerian or Mongolian as long as they are as good as or better than the player they are replacing. At the end of the day if they where better than players we already had Targett and McQueen would be regulars already.

Gaston Ramirez played in England for 5 seasons and didn't look anything like a Premier League player by the time he was struggling to get a game at relegation bound Boro. Hoedt and Cedric aren't great but they are better than Targett and McQ.

I'm not entirely sure Stephens has improved either.