Enlightening Pochettino USA Press Conference

ART

I really struggle to believe he gives a toss about us. He is very arrogant and self-assured.

Why should he? He's left St Marys for what he perceives to be a bigger club. I would guess that this time next year he'll be looking for another job, but I'm not particularly fussed either way.

It was a massive gamble going to Spurs. They finished 5th last season, to improve on that they have to finish higher than two of the big five: Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. I just cannot see that happening and so Poch will most likely be seen as a failure. He would have been better off staying at Saints IMO.

It wasnt exactly a gamble. They are a bigger club with better players and earn and spend more money.

He is likely to do a good job there because he is a good coach and will be working with decent players, like he did with us.

agree time some posters got over it.

It was a massive gamble going to Spurs. They finished 5th last season, to improve on that they have to finish higher than two of the big five: Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. I just cannot see that happening and so Poch will most likely be seen as a failure. He would have been better off staying at Saints IMO.

Better off financially?

Watching the likes of Dawson, Rose and Naughtom try and follow MP's instructions and play out from the back and repeatedly f**k things up. No wonder English football is so s**t.

thing is

it will probably be walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen and a new left back

if those are his squad players, hell of a great deal better than fox and hooiveld to come in

thing is

it will probably be walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen and a new left back

It will, though these are English players - some of whom have international caps and/or been hyped up; yet their technique fails them. More an observation about the state of the national game than Tottenham's strength.

I can see why he insisted on using an interpreter when he was with us. He looked really uncomfortable as did Brad Friegel next to him. If I was unkind he looks out of his depth. Hardly the new Mourinho they thought they were getting. He is exposed to a whole new level of pressure. Of course I am biased though.

Has he showed any respect to saints in his press conference ?

Historically the spuds were bigger than saints . But what have they really done since the early 1960's

Not a lot. The hammers I believe had more success in the years following

Oh didn't the get relegated with us s from the old league one and were promoted with us .

Somebody should give him a history lesson re saints and spuds

Has he showed any respect to saints in his press conference ?

Historically the spuds were bigger than saints . But what have they really done since the early 1960's

Not a lot. The hammers I believe had more success in the years following

Oh didn't the get relegated with us s from the old league one and were promoted with us .

Somebody should give him a history lesson re saints and spuds

What have we really done since the early sixties?

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. He's obviously a decent coach but I have a feeling our players were better than many people thought last season and an 8th place finish was not really over-achieving.

We had a settled side with some top players, had a great team spirit and made some great (and expensive) additions. Plus we were lucky with injuries.

Would be funny if poch leaving us turns out to be like moyes leaving Everton and he was in fact holding us back.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. He's obviously a decent coach but I have a feeling our players were better than many people thought last season and an 8th place finish was not really over-achieving.

We had a settled side with some top players, had a great team spirit and made some great (and expensive) additions. Plus we were lucky with injuries.

Would be funny if poch leaving us turns out to be like moyes leaving Everton and he was in fact holding us back.

IMO, what held us back was the reliance on 14-15 players. Outside of that, we were very short

Fox, hooiveld, gazza and then Gallagher should be no where near starting for a top half prem side. SG has time on his hands but he was very raw last season

Batman we might not be one of the biggest

But we are better than all the rest and certainly better than spurs ( oh and we used to play down at the dell)

But then I'm a true saints

Batman if you think they are better . Then fly off in your batmobile to WHL and go and support them . And why your at it join their forum and resign from this one

But we are better than all the rest and certainly better than spurs ( oh and we used to play down at the dell)

Batman if you think they are better . Then fly off in your batmobile to WHL and go and support them . And why your at it join their forum and resign from this one

Well, we are clearly not. It's ok to admit that too. You can be a saints supporter and know we are not the greatest team in the world. We are a decent premier league side that is at a large cross roads this summer

Being a "true saint" is not keeping Lallana and not stopping lovren from wanting out

Someone's been at the brandy.

I only heard him say Spurs are bigger once. In fact, the thing I noticed is he was far from convincing when answering the question on how he has settled in. Kept saying 'ok for now'. Admittedly that could be down to his very poor grasp of English.

I only heard him say Spurs are bigger once. In fact, the thing I noticed is he was far from convincing when answering the question on how he has settled in. Kept saying 'ok for now'. Admittedly that could be down to his very poor grasp of English.

I wonder how he feels now after his new team drew 3-3 with Seattle Sounders?

Never did like the **** anyway ! No manager is bigger than the club, and at least our new one speaks English at the rate of more than one word a minute . I just pray we finish above spurs this season so I can sing ' stick the Malvinas up yer arse you Argy b*****d '.

Never did like the **** anyway ! No manager is bigger than the club, and at least our new one speaks English at the rate of more than one word a minute . I just pray we finish above spurs this season so I can sing ' stick the Malvinas up yer arse you Argy b*****d '.

We won't. They'll be miles and miles ahead of us it pains me to say.

I doubt he really gives a ****, as it's only pre-season and it means nothing.

When the saints won 4-0 RK said that he wanted 8-0, or words to that effect, to me that is giving a **** and I for one was pleased to hear it.

Top 5 I'd say, 70+ points.

Considering Sherwood essentially got sacked for essentially that, well 6th but that was with AVB's poor start then that is not a successful season for them, especially after AVB also got sacked with one season at 5th didn't he? Redknapp the same.

Levy wants top 4, if he doesn't get them it then he'll be sweating his job like the last 3/4 managers.

The Bar Steward is really struggling and repeats that Spuds bigger than Saints every other sentence. :(

Reading between the lines he's not as comfortable as he wants us to believe

.....we may have been kind to him.... allowing him an interpreter to convey his managerial message all season. He may know his football, but even his Spanish phrases were becoming a bit banal.

Out of a "professional interest"....(I've taught English in Sweden for 30 years) I was interested to hear him. Quite frankly, it was embarrassing to listen to him, and I quit after about 5 minutes.

He may get some stick for bad results when the season starts, but his after-match press conferences may become an even more embarrassing time for Spuds.

Considering Sherwood essentially got sacked for essentially that, well 6th but that was with AVB's poor start then that is not a successful season for them, especially after AVB also got sacked with one season at 5th didn't he? Redknapp the same.

Levy wants top 4, if he doesn't get them it then he'll be sweating his job like the last 3/4 managers.

Maybe levy has lowered his expectations?

He can't keep getting rid of managers like he has

Who knows

It wasnt exactly a gamble. They are a bigger club with better players and earn and spend more money.

He is likely to do a good job there because he is a good coach and will be working with decent players, like he did with us.

Exactly. MP was great for us and I reckon he'll be the best Spurs have had for a long time.

Best of luck to him, he's gone and we've got big Ron. I think he's taken a big gamble at Spurs but that's his choice.

Really can't see the point of going over leavers, they've gone and that is that, football is just like any other business - people come and go.

Time to move forward, more interested in how Pelle and Tadic are bedding in than what MoPo, Lallana or Shaw are up to.