Pink Floyd...

Unbelievable Jeff

So with a new album of sessions being released in October, is there a chance that we will see a new tour (minus a couple of members)? Can't imagine the money that a tour would bring in, I know I'd be more than happy to spend an utter ****ton on going. Anyone heard anything?

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Saw them on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour - no Waters then.

Saw Roger Waters The Wall last year at Wembley.

I've also seen Gilmour on his own and again awesome.

Both absolutely awesome, question is

Would I go to see a Pink Floyd without Gilmour - NO

Would I go to see Pink Floyd without Waters - yes

Would I go to see Roger Waters plus friends playing PF music - yes

Pink Floyd without Gilmour is not Pink Floyd, there are imitators but no one plays like Gilmour - Waters never recorded an album under the Pink Floyd banner without Gilmour once he had left - although I am sure that I will get pelters from the hard line early Floydians and Waters camp people now.

I was a big Yes fan but cant be bothered to see them now they have ditched Jon Anderson. Some things work and some dont. It is his voice that makes Yes work for me. Take out Gilmour and is it Pink Floyd? Ideally you would want them both though.

I was a big Yes fan but cant be bothered to see them now they have ditched Jon Anderson. Some things work and some dont. It is his voice that makes Yes work for me. Take out Gilmour and is it Pink Floyd? Ideally you would want them both though.

Yes, the best band ever imo

Saw Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe on tour and they were bloody great

How was the Wall live with waters et al ?

Agree with above - Gilmore or nothing for me

Saw Yes twice on The Relayer Tour at The Gaumont, and once at Wembley ? on The Going For The One Tour. Anderson, White, Howe and Squire in both line ups, and Patrick Moraz on Keyboards on Relayer Tour and Rick Wakeman on Going for The one ... I think. Absolute brilliant gigs ... then they got Yuggled. :(

Floyd at Knebworth mid 70's awesome. Seen Waters in Dubai twice recently (last 5 yrs!!) full Floyd back catalog to even Barrett days!!. and both gigs were amazing, various guitarists doing the Gimour solos really well :smug:

Many, many moons ago (1973) I won a competition in the NME. Two tickets to see Yes on their Tales from Topographic Oceans tour at the Rainbow. The album and two tickets to the after show party at the Inn on the Park. Result! My fav band back then though were ELP. Genesis with Peter Gabrial were awesome too. Golden era of Prog Rock.

I'm old enough to have seen them at Southampton Guildhall - must have been late 60s?

I thought it was early '70s...started with the sound of seagulls swirling around the Guildhall...we were in the balcony. Also saw them at the "Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music" at Shepton Mallet - June 1970, an early performance of Atom Heart Mother in the middle of the night: http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/bA1.html scroll down for the full amazing line-up.

I thought it was early '70s...started with the sound of seagulls swirling around the Guildhall...we were in the balcony. Also saw them at the "Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music" at Shepton Mallet - June 1970, an early performance of Atom Heart Mother in the middle of the night: http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/bA1.html scroll down for the full amazing line-up.

I think you're probably right - I knew it was around the time I had one of my children and one was born in 71 so that makes sense. :)

Huge regret of mine not to have taken the option on some gold circle tickets for Live 8, that set was mindblowingly awesome and now never to be repeated.

If I could go back in time it would have to be November 67 - they supported Hendrix @ Portsmouth Guildhall

As a younger Floyd fan (80's baby) I have never seen them, or any of my prog/classic rock heroes. I bet Hawkwind at the Guildhall was good. I agree only Gilmour will do with Floyd.

Any of you lot ever see King Crimson live?

No but I did see Greg Lake on tour a couple of years back in Tunbridge Wells and he did some KC classics along with ELP stuff. A live CD is available. Wasnt well attended which is a shame as he put a really good band together. I also saw Pete Sinfield in concert back in the 70s and Greg Lake sang on one of the tracks with him.

• 2 weeks later...
Many, many moons ago (1973) I won a competition in the NME. Two tickets to see Yes on their Tales from Topographic Oceans tour at the Rainbow. The album and two tickets to the after show party at the Inn on the Park. Result! My fav band back then though were ELP. Genesis with Peter Gabrial were awesome too. Golden era of Prog Rock.

ELP were my favourites back in the day as well but the older I've got the more I prefer Yes

• 3 months later...