Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Guan on the other thread suggested the Romanian guy is instead of Rojo, but RK did admit interest in both. Plus Rojo is left sided and Romania lad is right.

Er... Where would our new captain play?

If we have signed Gados, I think we are done on CB's, unless Gados was bought for cover, which I doubt.

Er... Where would our new captain play?

Think we are done on CB's unless it's for cover.

Three at the back ?

Add in the fact Gardos style might earn him a few suspensions as well.

Despite what many state about Rojo, and the signing of Bertrand I could see Rojo ending up at LB for a few games as well.

Three at the back ?

Add in the fact Gardos style might earn him a few suspensions as well.

Despite what many state about Rojo, and the signing of Bertrand I could see Rojo ending up at LB for a few games as well.

Yes true if we play 3 at the back that works.

Got the impression we were favouring 4-3-3.

Every one wants to bin off Hooiveld and I agree he is not a Prem League player but IMO he needs a to be shown a bit of respect as he did not do a bad job on our way back up to the Prem.

I think if this summer has shown anything it has shown that respect for the players is wasted and is a one way street. Jos would have gone without a second thought had he been good enough for anyone to come in for him the same way Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers and soon to be Morgan have ****ed off without giving a toss !

I think if this summer has shown anything it has shown that respect for the players is wasted and is a one way street. Jos would have gone without a second thought had he been good enough for anyone to come in for him the same way Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers and soon to be Morgan have ****ed off without giving a toss !

Exactly. Worth remembering Jos has earned two years of PL wages whilst putting in Championship performances. I wouldnt say he has done too badly considering nothing about his career suggests anything other than he is extremely lucky to be able to say he played in the Premier League.

Every one wants to bin off Hooiveld and I agree he is not a Prem League player but IMO he needs a to be shown a bit of respect as he did not do a bad job on our way back up to the Prem.

What form are you suggesting the "respect" should be in? I think you'd find it hard to find a Saints fan that doesn't like him as a character or wasn't happy with his contribution in the Championship promotion season, but in the Premier League he is completely out of his depth.

Agree. Some on here think it's a big game of Football Manager. Some of the comments towards both Jos and Kelvin have shown certain posters to be hideously fickle.

What form are you suggesting the "respect" should be in? I think you'd find it hard to find a Saints fan that doesn't like him as a character or wasn't happy with his contribution in the Championship promotion season, but in the Premier League he is completely out of his depth.

I think Toomer was responding to another poster who suggested we could "bin" him? I agree with Toomer in that it's just as easy to say we could give him a move to get first team football, which is what he deserves after giving us good service. That's respectful (IMO) whilst still making it clear that you reckon he is not good enough for us. Mind you I do appreciate that the "bin" type comments are generally from the troll community so probably best to just ignore them.

Jos maybe a Champ quality player but do not underestimate the amount he does for the team off the pitch,he is a very popular member of the squad and is always the first to help the new players settle in.

We need people like Jos around the club maybe not on the pitch as much but around none the less

Jos maybe a Champ quality player but do not underestimate the amount he does for the team off the pitch,he is a very popular member of the squad and is always the first to help the new players settle in.

We need people like Jos around the club maybe not on the pitch as much but around none the less

That's true, this aspect is often overlooked. Often a player has moved to a new club and 'found it difficult to settle'.

You do what you know is right not lower yourself to ther peoples standards

Agree. Some on here think it's a big game of Football Manager. Some of the comments towards both Jos and Kelvin have shown certain posters to be hideously fickle.

How many of Jos's mistakes involved him following the ball to his left and turning to find Fox stood smack bang next to and facing him between Jos and the ball and an opposing player?

I think Jos and Maya are both liable to make a few fk ups this coming season but they will also play a few blinders, pull off some all or nothing tackles and Jos might only get half as many goals but make sure they are all in the oppo's net.

The Record which is a Footie paper in Portugal says that Rojo has rejected Saints Bid, the Club is too small. Les Reed and Ronald Koeman had extensive talks yesterday.

A bit ****ed off to be honest. Les will now no doubt enjoy the weather here before returning to rain! No rush then. 8 days till kick off.

The Record which is a Footie paper in Portugal says that Rojo has rejected Saints Bid, the Club is too small. Les Reed and Ronald Koeman had extensive talks yesterday.

A bit ****ed off to be honest. Les will now no doubt enjoy the weather here before returning to rain! No rush then. 8 days till kick off.

Didn't we hear the same with Ramirez and Dani..?

It's very unlike saints to admit they are after someone and not be almost there with the deal.

Agreed and as mentioned before we wouldn't have go through this whole process of trying to agree a fee if we hadn't been given an indication of the players interest.

Not all that different to the reports of Tadic considering other moves, before he signed for us

It's your typical haggling stage. Happens all the time for your top targets. If we really, really want him...then we'll get him, as $2/$3m isn't going to make or break it our side. For me, the biggest comments over the last 24 hours are from Koeman who confirmed our interest.

It's your typical haggling stage. Happens all the time for your top targets. If we really, really want him...then we'll get him, as $2/$3m isn't going to make or break it our side. For me, the biggest comments over the last 24 hours are from Koeman who confirmed our interest.

Not necessarily that easy, we can convince Sporting/owners to sell, but then have to convince player of our ambition and why joining would be a good move for him.

This, added to the fact that there seems to be no rumoured interest from anyone else, in the Prem at least. Not even your Everton/Newcastle types. So if he wants a Premier League pay packet it's us or no one.

Not necessarily that easy, we can convince Sporting/owners to sell, but then have to convince player of our ambition and why joining would be a good move for him.

I don't believe the fact that he's rejected us. He would have been sounded out some time ago, this work re: bids/negotiations isn't put in if the player has simply no intention. He'd have been sounded out prior to now.

I guess it could be called tapping up, but welcome to the world of football.

Would be a slightly odd move for Rojo to be honest. Personally don't see it happening but happy to be suprised. Hope we get 2 CBs.

Not really. It would make perfect sense as the springboard to a really big team. One good season at Southampton and you can be bought by Liverpool or man utd quite easy you know.

I "love" articles like this....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-rumours-live-eliaquim-4027232#.U-X7Dvl_uQD

About Koemans claimed interest in Rojo.

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman last night confirmed his interest in signing Argentina left-back Marcos Rojo.

Firstly, with Ryan Bertrand having already arrived this summer that is a most peculiar move. Secondly, if he had watched Rojo for any length of time then he'd have no interest in the defender.

A good World Cup does not a good player make (but it often triggers a lucrative move).

Well, firstly Ed Malyon, if you were a good football journalist you should know that Rojo is more a CB than a LB.....

Reports in the press are frequently the result of deliberate comments supplied by one party or the other with the object of improving their own negotiating position. Unless it's an outright rejection, any comment that mentions money is likely to be in this category. As for the suggestion of £16m compared to what we got for Shaw, that would seem to be very good price for a player who appears to as close to a like-for like replacement as you could hope for, and with significant money left over.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-rumours-live-eliaquim-4027232#.U-X7Dvl_uQD

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman last night confirmed his interest in signing Argentina left-back Marcos Rojo.

Firstly, with Ryan Bertrand having already arrived this summer that is a most peculiar move. Secondly, if he had watched Rojo for any length of time then he'd have no interest in the defender.

A good World Cup does not a good player make (but it often triggers a lucrative move).

Well, firstly Ed Malyon, if you were a good football journalist you should know that Rojo is more a CB than a LB.....

What an utter turnip.

Cutting them a little slack...Rojo has really only come into the spotlight playing LB for the Argies in the world cup, he wasn't getting this attention playing CB in Portugal. Assuming we're looking to get him in to play central then it may look a bit of a gamble at circa £15m.

Koeman said after the Brighton game 2/3 in by the weekend. Since then only one arrival, Taider. Maybe even RoKo isn't ITK?

Oh stop it, no he didn't. He said deals were close on a couple and he hoped they would be done over the weekend. "Hoping" and "saying that" are quite different...

Cutting them a little slack...Rojo has really only come into the spotlight playing LB for the Argies in the world cup, he wasn't getting this attention playing CB in Portugal. Assuming we're looking to get him in to play central then it may look a bit of a gamble at circa £15m.

That's not entirely true, in the age of FIFA and Ultimate Team, a lot of people I know already knew of him because they'd signed him on their Ultimate Teams! I remember playing against a few of my mates who had him at CB earlier in the year, and I'd signed him on FM before, too. (I know they're just games, but a lot of people my age have got a good knowledge of world footballers from them!)

Oh yes he did.

Oh no, he didn't.

Yeah, we hope to do that, maybe 2 or 3 players this weekend.

Maybe is the optimum word here, the post I replied to has Koeman saying we would sign 2 over the weekend, when quite frankly he didn't. He said he hoped to have two or three done, but then again, wouldn't we all! haha

Bumped into Les Reed in the car park this morning. Asked him how the trip to Portugal went. He replied that it was a night mare. I asked if that meant bad news. He said Unfortunately yes. Lots of politics, they never wsnted to sell and the lads got lots of mafioso surrounding him. I asked if the holding company was a problem. They certainly got in the way of things.

I then asked if there are others. Got a few lined up. Bit of a hurry really that's where I am going.

Never been Itk before. Just telling it like it happened.

Bumped into Les Reed in the car park this morning. Asked him how the trip to Portugal went. He replied that it was a night mare. I asked if that meant bad news. He said Unfortunately yes. Lots of politics, they never wsnted to sell and the lads got lots of mafioso surrounding him. I asked if the holding company was a problem. They certainly got in the way of things.

I then asked if there are others. Got a few lined up. Bit of a hurry really that's where I am going.

Thanks, but I'm very surprised Les would reveal things like that. A wind up?

Why am I slightly worried that Les is happy to discuss the clubs transfer business with people he meets in a car park:?

Interesting. Things are rarely as simple as we fans would like them to be. We might have dodged a bullet with Rojo.