Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Now, I started the Tadic rumour thread and that ended well...so I'll have a go at this one too.

Seemingly there is something in it, what with Koeman making somewhat of a slip last night when speaking about a new left back we'll be getting.

Add this to the following rumours from the past few days, and I think this is an active goer. He's 24, an international and will cost around £12m. Should be doable I'd think.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/490707/Southampton-steal-march-on-Man-Utd-Liverpool-and-Arsenal-for-Argentina-star-Marcos-Rojo

And for people who don't know much about him, he is there predictable youtube video:

Might as well have a somewhat positive thread in amongst all the meltdowns.

looks like a quality signing when would he be back if he is confirmed ? in 2 weeks ?

1st week of August I think the finalists return to their clubs, may be wrong.

Also worth noting that Guan said another 5/6, but the 6th will depend on the quality of the 5th - or along those lines. And seeing as Rojo can play left sided CB, as well as LB...we may be getting 2 players in 1. Who knows.

Didnt Koeman just said "Margett" rather than Targett?

Rojo would be good but no decent sources are reporting an interest yet, aside from the Express website that is filled with a load of **** and goal.com who are below Alex Crook on the hit ratio. Lets wait and see.

Squawka did a good article yesterday http://www.squawka.com/news/can-marcos-rojo-replace-luke-shaw-for-southampton/146678

All well and good him coming. But we will need about 5 others on top of this.

And the rest!

Rojo sounds like he'd be ideal for us. Crazy to think an Argentine World cup finalist left back would actually cost less than Chambers.

Didnt Koeman just said "Margett" rather than Targett?

Rojo would be good but no decent sources are reporting an interest yet, aside from the Express website that is filled with a load of **** and goal.com who are below Alex Crook on the hit ratio. Lets wait and see.

I thought it could have been that but there's an "s" sound at the end. Not conclusive but I listened a few times and it really sounds like Marcos.

However, when you want to hear something you might just make yourself hear it. So, dunno.

Put some fantastic balls in during the WC - would be the proverbial statement of intent. As good as anyone we've brought in before.

We need a signing like this -both on its own terms and to begin attracting others.

Edited by shurlock

And the rest!

Rojo sounds like he'd be ideal for us. Crazy to think an Argentine World cup finalist left back would actually cost less than Chambers.

Just shows how over inflated the British transfer market is. What was piad for world cup winner Kroos against what the thieving scousers paid for Judas (who cant last a full 90 mins and struggled to start for a s*** England team) ?

I just want to see some players coming in rather than going out. Even my positive attitude is taking a beating now with the players going out the doors. Some decent signings like this (and I think the two we have brought in) would really help right now.

Agree with this, the situation could be managed so much better if we signed the new players first. It seems we're almost in a rush to get the outward deals concluded. That's what's ****ing a lot of people off

trouble is. If he signs in a few day. so many will be pacified with with it.

we will still be 4-5 players short assuming lovren is sold. That is not taking chambers into account

I certainly won't be. As you say we need another 5 or 6 in and with the end of the window rapidly approaching, we need them in now.

trouble is. If he signs in a few day. so many will be pacified with with it.

we will still be 4-5 players short assuming lovren is sold. That is not taking chambers into account

Christ you're a miserable so and so.

If he signs for the reputed £12m we will have replaced Shaw, Lambert and Lallana with what appear to be great quality players, and all for the price of Shaw. And there is clear intent to continue to invest in the likes of Virgil, Forster and perhaps others.

I would not have opted to break up the team, but as it's happened, and looking at the quality of player we're after, I'm pretty sanguine about it.

Worst window in history

So far......it's not shut yet. As much as I can understand all the pessimism and doom and gloom I just have a sneaky feeling that this painful process is a revolution of the squad. We can debate the why's and the wherefore's of each sale and the overall effect but it's a waste of time now. The club has a strategy and whatever that looks like now we have to give them time to work it through. In a months time (if not a lot sooner) it will be clear what the strategy and ambition is.

Ronald Koeman is not a cheap option ( I suspect, we won't actually know) and he is certainly high profile. A club (business) intent on scaling down does not hire high calibre ambitious people.

If the ambition of the club is to just survive then we all know that's a dangerous game to play. And if this is the case then RK will be off. When you watch his interviews he looks genuinely happy to be here and very calm about player matters.

Whatever the reason(s) Cortese has gone. Some loved him, others mistrusted him, others merely tolerated his leadership because of the success. What we are not aware if is exactly how much impact influence and input Les Reed actually had on Football policy as opposed to business policy. The fact remains he has been here throughout, remains here and from my standpoint strikes me as a man who knows exactly what needs to happen how to do it and then does it. He deserves a bit of trust. Time will determine the reality.

Transforming a squad by selling popular and some of the best seems folly. Sometimes a business needs to sell at the peak of the market and then re-invest in order to expand. Football of course is not a simple business for fans because of the emotion involved. As long as the club and business is stronger or at least as strong this season does it REALLY matter who plays on the park??!!

If as many think in here the club is in fire sale mode or more accurately asset stripping mode then people like Reed would be risking professional reputation by staying.

Our club has evolved over 5 years and it happened quicker than the plan and this has created the situation we have found ourselves in ( and by quirk of fate has coincided with a World Cup year). If we had been slower by a year as expected things might be different, but they are not.

This club certainly has ambition but I am sure that reality and pragmatism runs deep. The balance of creating players(product), getting results (market share) and generating revenue ( income ) is tough in any industry. Chuck in emotional fans (customers), in an age of instant communication and where rumour is easily spread (and equally believed) and leadership is a tricky skill.

When this window does shut it could be the best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far......it's not shut yet. As much as I can understand all the pessimism and doom and gloom I just have a sneaky feeling that this painful process is a revolution of the squad. We can debate the why's and the wherefore's of each sale and the overall effect but it's a waste of time now. The club has a strategy and whatever that looks like now we have to give them time to work it through. In a months time (if not a lot sooner) it will be clear what the strategy and ambition is.

Ronald Koeman is not a cheap option ( I suspect, we won't actually know) and he is certainly high profile. A club (business) intent on scaling down does not hire high calibre ambitious people.

If the ambition of the club is to just survive then we all know that's a dangerous game to play. And if this is the case then RK will be off. When you watch his interviews he looks genuinely happy to be here and very calm about player matters.

Whatever the reason(s) Cortese has gone. Some loved him, others mistrusted him, others merely tolerated his leadership because of the success. What we are not aware if is exactly how much impact influence and input Les Reed actually had on Football policy as opposed to business policy. The fact remains he has been here throughout, remains here and from my standpoint strikes me as a man who knows exactly what needs to happen how to do it and then does it. He deserves a bit of trust. Time will determine the reality.

Transforming a squad by selling popular and some of the best seems folly. Sometimes a business needs to sell at the peak of the market and then re-invest in order to expand. Football of course is not a simple business for fans because of the emotion involved. As long as the club and business is stronger or at least as strong this season does it REALLY matter who plays on the park??!!

If as many think in here the club is in fire sale mode or more accurately asset stripping mode then people like Reed would be risking professional reputation by staying.

Our club has evolved over 5 years and it happened quicker than the plan and this has created the situation we have found ourselves in ( and by quirk of fate has coincided with a World Cup year). If we had been slower by a year as expected things might be different, but they are not.

This club certainly has ambition but I am sure that reality and pragmatism runs deep. The balance of creating players(product), getting results (market share) and generating revenue ( income ) is tough in any industry. Chuck in emotional fans (customers), in an age of instant communication and where rumour is easily spread (and equally believed) and leadership is a tricky skill.

Excellent post. A bit too thoughtful for most on here though.

Good post - "When this window does shut it could be the best ever." That is the tester. 1 Sep. Thats when we will know the ambition of KL and the Club. After this transfer window. That is why the fans venom is being spat out now, to try and influence this positive outcome.

It's not over yet. I bet you walk out of a match after 20 minutes if we're 1-0 down ;)

Do you know, a lot of the knee jerk bed wetting does remind me of match threads where we've gone a goal down early on. "FFS, the team's a joke... Etc" only for us to go on and win the match.

Let's hope this transfer window proves to be a spectacular come back from 3-0 down to win 4-3

Do you know, a lot of the knee jerk bed wetting does remind me of match threads where we've gone a goal down early on. "FFS, the team's a joke... Etc" only for us to go on and win the match.

Let's hope this transfer window proves to be a spectacular come back from 3-0 down to win 4-3

Roll out the transfer nuns.

We're so small fry. No way would Rojo come here unless we're offering him pretty darn big wages and if that is the case. Why not suck it up and just offer larger wages to the then current players/say give us until January and see how we are doing.

Yes. Let's hope so. And that we can gel all these new replacements we've yet to sign in inside 7 days.

Great post

I'd be inclined to give them more of the benefit of the doubt if we had unveiled more signings and agreed fewer players leaving - fundamentally the "none selling until there's a replacement signed up" is where it's going wrong. Cover that off and the players we sign are cheaper and more likely to come to begin with.