Koeman

Delboy Dave

Surely someone of his calibre hasn't come here to be mugged off by all these players being sold?

Surely he knew about the sales, or did he? Will he even be here come the start of the season?

Even with the best will in the world, we are going to get enough decent additions into the squad now before the season starts proper

Most likely get a statement from the club end of this week stating Koeman has parted company with the club IMO of course

You don't destroy the spine of the team when the squad lacked depth anyway with three weeks to go and the expect to magically rebuild. People can cry bedwetting as much as they like but usually like unbelievablejeff (who's turned weird) they're sticking to what they predicted or thought but it's obvious to the majority what's going on, F5 day this week I reckon

Most likely get a statement from the club end of this week stating Koeman has parted company with the club IMO of course

You don't destroy the spine of the team when the squad lacked depth anyway with three weeks to go and the expect to magically rebuild. People can cry bedwetting as much as they like but usually like unbelievablejeff (who's turned weird) they're sticking to what they predicted or thought but it's obvious to the majority what's going on, F5 day this week I reckon

Southampton Football Club would like it known that Ronald Koeman and his coaching team have left the club. Ceo Gareth Roberts says "this is a great opportunity for us and will allow us to make replacements in key area and for years to come."

Two amazingly good articles in the mornings Mail by their Moneymail editor who believes we are a rudderless ship with no one in charge and Reed way out of his depth. The guy fears Koeman didn't know all the sales would happen and faces an impossible task

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707699/JAMES-CONEY-There-no-ambition-Southampton-I-fear-drop.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707703/When-Saints-marching-OUT-story-Southamptons-astonishing-summer-sell-off.html

Two amazingly good articles in the mornings Mail by their Moneymail editor who believes we are a rudderless ship with no one in charge and Reed way out of his depth. The guy fears Koeman didn't know all the sales would happen and faces an impossible task

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707699/JAMES-CONEY-There-no-ambition-Southampton-I-fear-drop.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707703/When-Saints-marching-OUT-story-Southamptons-astonishing-summer-sell-off.html

Seems more sensationalism to me.

A couple of people have reported that he is rather annoyed with some of these departures and the situation was not what he thought it was. Not saying it's true but it wouldn't surprise me.

You really love drip feeding your poison don't you. No substance, no names, just you, spouting your normal garbage, you are the kind of 'fan' than this club needs least at the moment. Despicable man!

You really love drip feeding your poison don't you. No substance, no names, just you, spouting your normal garbage, you are the kind of 'fan' than this club needs least at the moment. Despicable man!

Hypo May or may not be stating facts of course, but can you honestly see Koeman being on with all the goings in lately? Really?!

Smirking_Saint and another poster on here you absolute cretin.

Oh! that makes it an absolute certainty then....moron, see, name calling is your level, 21,120 posts of pure sh1te, and you're still going, you're full of yourself!

Did I say it was an absolute certainty? No of course I didn't, I said it wouldn't surprise me. You sound simple as usual.

Did I say it was an absolute certainty? No of course I didn't, I said it wouldn't surprise me. You sound simple as usual.

No!, you never say anything with a certainty, just b0llocks as usual, I have said you are a WUM, and so you are, just disguise it better than some of the others.

New coach Ronald Koeman has impressed survivors from last season’s squad in pre-season with one first-team regular describing the Dutchman as “a very good trainer, very focused with good methods”. Koeman appears to know exactly what he bought into at Southampton, backing his own ability to use half of a likely £100m-plus transfer take and convert it into at least as capable a squad as last season’s.

“That’s the story in football, players come and go,” Koeman says. “The most important message I gave them was that we have to keep the philosophy and the ambition of the club. There is money to spend and to continue the quality.”

While the scale of the personnel turnover is a genuine issue, what makes the idea viable are the grossly inflated fees Southampton have been able to charge for their England internationals. No one outside the Premier League would even consider paying £25m for Lallana, fine passer of the ball though he is. Ten of Lambert’s two-season haul of 28 Premier League goals have come from taking penalties or free kicks, and, at 32, his preference for operating as a chance creator rather than a finisher may not be missed.

Premier league job, money to buy players he knows. Why wouldn't he take it? It's a step up from the dutch league.

That is assuming he has the money to spend of course. So far we have spent what £10m-£15m on Tadic and Pelle?

I actually feel quite bad for him and am not surprised to see the odds of him being the first manager to leave tumbling from 40-1 to 16-1.

A couple of people have reported that he is rather annoyed with some of these departures and the situation was not what he thought it was. Not saying it's true but it wouldn't surprise me.

If the "couple of people" are posters on here then it's more likely to be idle ramblings than anything remotely close to the truth....so it *would* surprise me tbh

Koeman resigning at this point would be cataclysmic.

I doubt he was aware of extent of sales.

I hope things work out and he hangs around but worry about uneasy partnership.

If that did happen the reaction on here would be worth seeing on its own!

Oh, and we'd be fcked

No way on God's earth that Koeman would have come here blinkered to the fact that these players would leave! Shaw was def off regardless of manager, Rickie, too good an opportunity to turn down, Lallana 50/50 but replaced straight away by Tadic, Chambers still behind Clyne, Lovren more than likely replaced by Van Diik who looks the dogs. Spiderman would be the one I would be moving heaven and earth to keep however. So in essence, nothing that would have surprised Koeman, who has been given a free hand to create his side with youth to create the balance! Lets see what the side looks like on Sept 1.

No way on God's earth that Koeman would have come here blinkered to the fact that these players would leave! Shaw was def off regardless of manager, Rickie, too good an opportunity to turn down, Lallana 50/50 but replaced straight away by Tadic, Chambers still behind Clyne, Lovren more than likely replaced by Van Diik who looks the dogs. Spiderman would be the one I would be moving heaven and earth to keep however. So in essence, nothing that would have surprised Koeman, who has been given a free hand to create his side with youth to create the balance! Lets see what the side looks like on Sept 1.

Just had a facebook message from my mate who works at the club and he is saying Ronald's brother is considering his position in order to take up a job back in holland.

That is the rumour he woke up to that is doing the rounds with his staff colleagues.

Have no idea if true. Just passing it on

Just had a facebook message from my mate who works at the club and he is saying Ronald's brother is considering his position in order to take up a job back in holland.

That is the rumour he woke up to that is doing the rounds with his staff colleagues.

We can't control the negativity, I am looking forward regardless.

So the very day that someone starts a thread asking if Koeman is happy someone else gets a facebook message suggesting his brother is about the jump ship? What a surprise. I can understand people questioning if Koeman is happy, it is certainly a concern of mine, but please don't be influenced by these WUM posts - my ignore list has just gone up by 1.

So the very day that someone starts a thread asking if Koeman is happy someone else gets a facebook message suggesting his brother is about the jump ship? What a surprise. I can understand people questioning if Koeman is happy, it is certainly a concern of mine, but please don't be influenced by these WUM posts - my ignore list has just gone up by 1.

I hope you're not referring to me here hector! My posts aren't wum in the slightest!

I hope you're not referring to me here hector! My posts aren't wum in the slightest!

No Dave, I have no reason to doubt your integrity - I was referring to the post I quoted. Like yourself (I think) I do question whether Koeman is totally on board with all that is going on but I just sometimes (make that often) doubt the motives and alleged sources of some. I guess I am just a bit sensitive to the WUM's at the moment.

Pretty sure he would have known about Lambert, Lallana and Shaw. Lovren, after his comments, made it impossible for him to stay. Chambers I'm not so sure about.

Whatever happens this season is going to be one hell of a struggle. We will do extremely well to stay up. Can't see Koeman lasting beyond Xmas at this rate.

If I were a top manager, and had the ability to BUY my own side, I'd jump at the chance. Koeman has that opportunity now, but they won't all arrive overnight.

OK you lose some key players to other clubs along the way, but having disatisfied players in the dressing room who were loyal to the previous manager, can be an hindrance rather than a help.

It takes time to make things work. NOTE: When MP took over, he had 5 players who had first played for Alan Pardew in L1.(!) How many more miles are in those legs?

Koeman is being mooted as (potentially) one of the most experienced managers we've ever had, so he needs to a chance to put his methods into place, and most sensible fans will grant him that time.

(the impatient ones will changing their nappies twice a day and calling for his head after a couple of poor results)

Here here ,not many managers are given such an opportunity to build their own team .Yep it has been disappointing to see the team break up .We have got top price from top teams so not as though we are selling to Stoke ,West ham etc .

Strange the more this goes on and the prices we are getting for our players makes me question if we under performed last season with such highly rated players .Only good think that Mopo,did last year was keep,as,out of the Europa cup ,otherwise we we be truly goosed at moment and more likely to be relegation fodder .

I am just waiting for Ronald,s signings so that we have a clear idea of what to expect for the season ahead .

COYR

smirking Saint is ok, at least he will debate and admit if he's wrong

It's not really a case of him being wrong in this instance. He just heard something about it so in my. Kind the possibility is worth discussing even if it's untrue. Certainly the scale and speed of our sales has taken the fanbase by surprise and it would be interesting to know if Koeman knew about them all before he joined.

Seems to me that the laid back sloths, a.k.a. "something will happen one day lot" are the sort who wait

for everything to be given to them on a plate. It needs get up and go NOW. I am worried by the almost

complete lack of any sign that Saints are even trying to sort things out. Is the management really from

Spain ? They believe in manyana a lot.

Seems to me that the laid back sloths, a.k.a. "something will happen one day lot" are the sort who wait

for everything to be given to them on a plate. It needs get up and go NOW. I am worried by the almost

complete lack of any sign that Saints are even trying to sort things out. Is the management really from

So the "leak" in the Express yesterday which was posted on here and showed the list of players we are trying to sign wasn't an indication that "Saints are even trying to sort things out"? Clubs know we have money so hold out for higher and higher fees - Feyenoord did just that with Pelle. In this environment getting them in takes a lot longer.

At this time he has already lost 4 players of which 3 he has admitted that he knew he would lose. He has no reason to lie to us so we have to take this as fact. Chambers out the door soon and doubts remain over Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Osvaldo, Fonte and Cork.

That is potentially 10 players who all made a decent contribution last season. I am pretty sure he didn't sign up for that.

What's you plan, we are all listening.

One thing is certain, he has the hardest job in the premier league this season. He now has 20 days to purchase 6 starting players and form a team with only 2 matches remaining before Liverpool. If we are to avoid utter humiliation at Anfield he'll have to get a move on.

Apparently most of these deals were set in stone when Pochettino left, so I don't think he really had any control over it and knew it would happen all along. Looking forward to some big names in the next 2 weeks.

This. Koeman is, whatever else people may speculate about, vastly experienced as a player at the top level, as a manager in various countries and most recently at a club / in a league that regularly sees better players moving on. He will have done his homework about the whole squad and which ones may be attracting interest. Any suggestion he will be surprised about this is just more doom-mongering wrist slitting nonsense

i like most of what you said in the post but i honestly dont belive Ronald Koeman will leave and yes the lack of deepth in the squad showed especially when we had no keeper and we used our 2-3 string keepers we won no matches and that cost us a better finish towards the end of the season due to the lack of deepth in an already streched squad.Id be surprised if we can get a squad as good (but we as fans want better) as the players we had last season to combine together as a unit quite as quickly a we would like to see, it could be a hard season coming up,of course we dont want that to happen but its very much on the cards.

Why has no other premier league club tried to get koeman if his reputation is that good?

His agent was hawking him to both Swansea and West Ham towards the end of last season.

That said, I do think he is a good fit for our football club and am not unhappy with him or his credentials. I just fear he may be tested far sooner than he hoped.

Bore off :mcinnes:

Not Sean Dyche? or Poyet? jeez

Burnley have the team that got promoted and have brought in an extra 7. They will be a match for anyone in the bottom half of the table.

Sunderland have added 4 and released their dross (there's a lot of it). They proved tough enough for us last season.

Koeman is more than half a team short of a starting eleven and only has 20 days before his season starts.

Jeeez FFS!