Why do we need a Director of Football

Wade Garrett

More negative random musing threads... :rolleyes:

Would rather let Ronald sort out who he wants. Would rather want away players have to confront Ronald about leaving.

Koeman is involved with the transfers, along with the head scout Paul Mitchelll, Les Reed and others.

We could comfortably do without Reed. He is woefully under-qualified for the job anyway.

He has played an important role in the club since April 2010.

More negative random musing threads... :rolleyes:

Koeman is involved with the transfers, along with the head scout Paul Mitchelll, Les Reed and others.

He has played an important role in the club since April 2010.

What is negative about advocating 1 layer of the board structure be removed?

On what grounds? Some of the biggest and richest clubs in world football offering large amounts of transfer fees and wages for our players.

On the grounds that I would rather 2 ex-international footballing brothers who played for really big clubs make the recruitment decisions. Not someone who failed to play a single game as a pro and has largely failed in his coaching career.

On the grounds that I would rather 2 ex-international footballing brothers who played for really big clubs make the recruitment decisions. Not someone who failed to play a single game as a pro and has largely failed in his coaching career.

You seem unaware that it is a collective decision and the Koeman brothers are involved, along with Reed, head scout Mitchell and others. it would be foolish to think Reed wouldn't value Koeman's opinion on recruitment highly. We've just signed Pelle from Koeman's former club and Tadic from the Dutch league, do you not think Koeman had an influence in that?

Edited by Matthew Le God

You seem unaware that it is a collective decision and the Koeman brothers are involved, along with Reed, head scout Mitchell and others. it would be foolish to think Reed wouldn't value Koeman's opinion on recruitment highly. We've just signed Pelle from Koeman's former club and Tadic from the Dutch league, do you not think Koeman had an influence in that?

As it should be. I would prefer a structure though, where the manager decides who should be allowed to leave. The sheer number of players leaving this Summer is unprecedented. I don't see what value having a Director of Football is giving us.