Morgan and Jay to Follow According to Simon Peach

brett24

Just put a call into my source. They will both be allowed to leave. There's an offer for both if them to Spurs and there's also an offer from Liverpool for J-Rod.

God i hated Liverpool so much even before this transfer window opened.

I don't suppose you asked about incoming transfers?

Why would anyone buy a player that 2 months ago did his ACL? I just don't understand that.

Due to the risk involved (although recovery from ACL surgery is a long way forward from where it was 15 years ago) I'm guessing a reduced fee with significant add ons.

I think it's becoming increasingly clear we are actively seeking sales of players as opposed to fending off.

Quite what the end goal can be I have no idea.

Disagree. It shows how desperate / dumb Spurs are.

what get a 20 goal a season striker for a knocked down price

im guessing they will run the rule over him intensely and with the medial technology available know that he is on the mend

J rod will fail his medical! Perhaps we could sale Remi for Newcastle.... We must be the come to club?

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

This board has become a joke. Amateurs. I cringed the day Cortese left and this is why. A rudderless ship hurtling at a rate of knots headlong into the abyss. Reminds me of this quote from The Dark Tower

"Do they see the lethal insanity of a race to the brink of oblivion, and then over the edge? Apparently not. If" they did, surely they wouldn't be racing to begin with. Or is it a simple failure of imagination? One doesn't like to think such a rudimentary failing could bring about the end, yet.."

....and what a pathetically awful ending it was to such a promising series of novels. The last two were absolutely dire - penned by somebody who had completely lost the plot.

Seriously just stuck £20 on us to end bottom. The premier league is very tough, as you all know. You cannot lose these sort of players and expect to survive. I really am at a loss to what the club are up to.

If I had £100 a would have stuck that on! 28/1 will tumble soon!

Talking THFC™ @TalkingTHFC · 30m

.@talkSPORT believe the fee agreed for Morgan Schneiderlin is £12million, and not the reported £27million Southampton 'required.' #THFC

lol

In their dreams.

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

Fair enough. This must have been the reason for trying to get him under a longer contract, so we could try and get a little more money. It would show we had faith in him returning to full fitness. He turned it down and now us leaving.

It's gone beyond a joke , it is now laughable. Clearly something is a miss but we are being taken for mugs again. We pay the tickets but we are not important anymore. TV MONEY is the real power force, we are just the ones who turn up and shout a bit. The club doesn't give a damn, not a thing about us. Premier league? You can shove it.

Koeman's tweet this morning of an empty training ground says he either has a sense of humour or he is hacked off, let's hope it is the former.

Both - it was obviously gallows humour. He's gonna leave soon at this rate.

The deal is all over the BBC website for Spurs.

Are we in financial trouble? I seem to remember a statement when the new board took over saying that the finance side of the club was in a mess.

The exact words were: "Whilst I perceive that we have inherited a difficult situation financially, there are now clear and structured plans in place to progress the club and avoid a similar situation from occurring again. Of course it's a burden, but it's a burden that has to be covered and will be covered. When I came in from the outside I had different information, I was surprised but not disappointed. It is what it is and my culture is to look to the future and accept the past." - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

I've always felt the "financial difficulties" were about being able to operate withing the constraints of the Financial Fair Play rules, in that our commercial income hadn't kept up with our outgoings, rather than the club being in financial difficulty in its own right.

what get a 20 goal a season striker for a knocked down price

im guessing they will run the rule over him intensely and with the medial technology available know that he is on the mend

and then pay him wages for 9 months for next to sweet fa return? nah, it's bonkers.

.@talkSPORT believe the fee agreed for Morgan Schneiderlin is £12million, and not the reported £27million Southampton 'required.' #THFC

lol

I want to laugh at that, but I'm not 100% sure it's not true (such as today has been!)

lol

Offloading players at £15m below their value? If true, what could possibly be the driving force behind such a decision, its got to be a first in footballing history. Never a dull moment being a Saints fan, eh!?

FFS

lol

My money is on levy getting the better of this deal

So who is the useless make weight who will coming back the other way?

Things must be bad when you get a call from Lawrie McMenemy in Florida asking what the hell is going on at St Marys. I know he is an old rogue but I can’t help thinking all this nonsense would not have happened on his watch.

I know you wont agree, It would not have happened on Cortese's watch either

Yup and I was always with you on that. Always stuck up for him under Adkins when everyone said he wasn't worth it. Will be a big miss for us just as they all will be.

I do think that if a player wants to leave, we're better off without them. But there's no doubt the club are either encouraging them to go, or at the very least doing a hopeless job of persuading them at stay. Either way, it simply does not tally with the public statements Les Reed has made. I'm a glass half full-type, but this wholesale clearing of the decks is an enormous risk.

I know this would never happen due to vested interests, but also think the Premier League needs to take a look at what is going on; we know the top 5 or 6 clubs rarely change, but it now seems more obvious than ever that there's some sort of cartel operating to destroy any club that even threatens to break into their "territory". That can't be good for the "competition", and the PL risks alienating every fan of any club outside the top 5 or 6 as they are the only ones the league seems to care about. (The sooner they bugger off the a proper European League the better as far as I'm concerned.)

F**k me that's less than a defender that has only had 1/2 a season in the first team. We know that's not gonna happen. Uh ho Les is in charge shall we call it £10 million for cash.

this is Daniel Levy. A notorious b'stard when it come to negotiations

I know you wont agree, It would not have happened on Cortese's watch either

I don't think it would have either. I honestly thought these guys could continue the good things that Cortese did whilst having a bit more of a fan friendly face and listening a bit more. I was wrong...

NC was the driving force behind Southampton football club. Ok it was the owners money, but it was his ambition a drive that got us to where we were. No other reason why the wheels are falling off!

The vision left with him. Perhaps he knew what the plan was?

Chambers definitely wouldn't have happened on his watch. Some of the sales would have but not this utter shambles.

That I agree with. We would probably have lost shaw, Lovren and Lambert

but it would have been managed far better, maybe even players in before they were sold.

there is no way on earth we would lose 7 first team players and definitely not with only 2 in thus far

I would also believe that contracts for cork and fonte would have been done and dusted by now

Wanyama should definitely ask for a move. Immense defensive midfielder.

In a weird way I enjoy how re-outraged people are with each deal. How is anyone still remotely surprised?!

This, once SRL was allowed to go pre-WC the rest is inevitable; rank amateurism from our board. If SRL wanted his dream move to his spiritual home he should have been made to sweat it out in pre-season then dragged all around the dutch non-league scene, then to Swindon and B'mouth then we'll think about it (and then let him go!). He was the domino, other players looked and said 'What's stopping us?'. I'm taking MS and JRod as givens and I will be 'astonished' if VW or JC are here for the L'pool game. The board have built a house of cards and it's all fallen over... it's not impossible that it's all part of a cunning master plan and RK will be given the wherewithall and money to sign 10 PL players in the next three weeks but somehow I doubt it. At this rate I will be surprised to see RK last much beyond the first 5-6 games.