Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Poch is awesome.

What's he won, **** all. Look at his record in the premier league at big clubs. Mourinho won the champions league with Porto at his age. If he's awesome, what's Jose. Some of you on here are like love sick teenagers, still tugging off about a fit ex that ****ed off with your mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's he won, **** all. Look at his record in the premier league at big clubs. Mourinho won the champions league with Porto at his age. If he's awesome, what's Jose. Some of you on here are like love sick teenagers, still tugging off about a fit ex that ****ed off with your mate.

Or you’re just too bitter to appreciate what you once had?

Face it, he’s a top manager who moved on to better things. Get over it.

Pochettino's awesome, Mourinho's one of the best in history. Hope that clears things up!

Do you actually want Poch to win the CL? You guys that keep sl*gging him off are making it happen ffs.

Poch is a top manager who has his teams playing awesome football.

Mourinho is one of the all time greats.

It's perfectly easy to appreciate both.

you are right, as usual, Poch is no Claude Puel !

No Sir :lol:

Or you’re just too bitter to appreciate what you once had?

Face it, he’s a top manager who moved on to better things. Get over it.

I got over it the day he walked out. Not bitter at all, just find the swooning on here laughable. He is a top premiership manager, but he’s not awesome and he’s not the best manager we’ve ever had. Look at his away record against the top 6, look what he’s won. That’s not “awesome”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got over it the day he walked out. Not bitter at all, just find the swooning on here laughable. He is a top premiership manager, but he’s not awesome and he’s not the best manager we’ve ever had. Look at his away record against the top 6, look what he’s won. That’s not “awesome”.

You haven't got over Poch and you haven't got over Puel

Move on man..it's OK to still appreciate someone who isn't at the club you know!

You haven't got over Poch and you haven't got over Puel

Move on man..it's OK to still appreciate someone who isn't at the club you know!

Have I got over Koeman, please advise because you seem to know my mind better than I do. You’re not my snap dragon are you?

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

He will, of course, win trophies, but I'm not sure that's required to prove yourself as more than decent. We'll see how he does when he gets to the top, but ending Spurs' decades of underachievement and turning them into title challengers is more than decent.

Really don't get the anger towards him. Ulike Koeman, he never moralised about loyalty or said he would stay. I think people were angry because they knew how good he was and felt shortchanged by only getting a season and a half from him.

You've nailed it Duncan. He never gave any promises of loyalty - but I think he had more warmth and fondness for Saints than Koeman ever did. Pochettino is an excellent Manager and Coach. One certain indicator of that is that players warm to him and want to play well for a Poch team.

You've nailed it Duncan. He never gave any promises of loyalty - but I think he had more warmth and fondness for Saints than Koeman ever did. Pochettino is an excellent Manager and Coach. One certain indicator of that is that players warm to him and want to play well for a Poch team.

Can you imagine Koeman coming back for a player’s testimonial in the same way that Pochettino did for Kelvin?

Can you imagine Koeman coming back for a player’s testimonial in the same way that Pochettino did for Kelvin?

No, I can't. Doesn't Pochettino still live in Hampshire, and his son go to a local University? I don't want to promote a love in, but he was good for SFC and though I don't like Spurs you have to admire the job Poch. is doing. I think his support staff are good too; another thing lacking with us.

Hasn’t done harm to his Real Madrid chances tonight. At this rate will be a natural candidate although bringing the best out of Harry Winks is worlds apart from dealing with the egos of Ramos and Ronaldo.

Incidentally, for those who have championed JWP as a future England Captain/player - Harry Winks is a genuine midfield English prospect, isn't he?

I suspect JwP would be under Poch at this time

Well he probably would have been a better player under Pochettino, but my point is a player like Winks has got an all round superior game to Ward-Prowse - is younger, played less games and is likely to improve at a greater rate. Do you agree?

The difference with mopo is he left at the start.

He was one of the first big losses under Reed era.

Since then weve lost so many and we have become very bitter as fans.

Look at the abuse the 1st 2-3 to leave (Mopo, Shaw, Lambert) got vs the more recent departures.

#timing #triggered #textbook

The test for Poch will be next season after spurs lose Kane and Ali to bigger clubs.

He has put together the best spurs side in many a year and it looks like he will still lose out to Man city, in the trophy stakes, who destroyed Napoli last night and look a good bet to win the PL and CL this season.

The difference with mopo is he left at the start.

He was one of the first big losses under Reed era.

Since then weve lost so many and we have become very bitter as fans.

Look at the abuse the 1st 2-3 to leave (Mopo, Shaw, Lambert) got vs the more recent departures.

#timing #triggered #textbook

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Are you saying the earlier departures got more abuse than the later departures -or less? If so why? What about Lallana and Lambert, who were among the first to leave the club but have been received very differently?

Theory needs a bit of work pal.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Are you saying the earlier departures got more abuse than the later departures -or less? If so why? What about Lallana and Lambert, who were among the first to leave the club but have been received very differently?

Theory needs a bit of work pal.

Nah, he's saying they all left because of Les, and if Les was more of a DOF he would have made them stay and added to them.

Poch is a decent manager, but is nothing more than that until he wins some serious trophies. And even if he does manage that in the future, he'll always be a twat.

He is arguably the best manager in the prem; and one of the best in the world as a result.

Not sure you can say that until he actually wins something.

The argument that he has to win something though is also flawed. Roberto Martinez won the FA Cup with a poor Wigan side not so long ago - does that make him one of the best in the world? Most would argue not, but it appears to be the benchmark that lots of posters here are setting for Poch.

Oh he also got them relegated in the same season - does that make him a bad manager, or an even better manager because he won a major domestic honour with a crap team?

Swings and roundabouts I think.

Poch is clearly a decent manager and despite some saying he should not be just judged on what he has won, ultimately he

will be judged as being great during his time at Spurs if he wins something.

If he continues to be a "not quite manager" and not win a major trophy (meaning the PL or CL) it wont be good enough for Spurs in the end.

The argument that he has to win something though is also flawed. Roberto Martinez won the FA Cup with a poor Wigan side not so long ago - does that make him one of the best in the world? Most would argue not, but it appears to be the benchmark that lots of posters here are setting for Poch.

Oh he also got them relegated in the same season - does that make him a bad manager, or an even better manager because he won a major domestic honour with a crap team?

Diego Simone has not really won loads of trophies so does that make him above Poch but below Brendon who is sweeping up all the trophies?

I assume this means Poch won't be a great manager we had until he is at Real Madrid winning trophies?

And considering how relatively few managers have won the premier league...Ranieri must be up there with the Fergusons!

Who put a number on it? Clearly to be world class you need to have a cabinet full of trophies no one is going declare a manager one of the best for winning one cup so this idea that people keep putting forward that "insert name of random manager who one a single trophy" must be better than Poch ? is flawed. Managers that will go down as some of the best are the likes of sir Alex, Pep even the special one. That doesn't mean Poch isn't a good manager but if he doesn't win a few titles and trophies (and he is still young) then he will go down in history as a footnote. There are lots of good coaches/managers that do a good job with the resources they have but unless the end their career with a decent haul of trophies they'll never been any better than good.

Jose and Pep have only ever had superstar teams or the money to buy them.

Poch's teams are as good as those teams, but without the hundreds of millions that were spent. They also play cracking footy, and he develops youth players. He is a fantastic manager, and for me he is easily one of the best in the prem and the world.

We'll have people arguing that pellegrini, Ranieri and mancini are better managers if we persist with this "trophies = greatness" argument.

Poch's teams are as good as those teams, but without the hundreds of millions that were spent. They also play cracking footy, and he develops youth players. He is a fantastic manager, and for me he is easily one of the best in the prem and the world.

We'll have people arguing that pellegrini, Ranieri and mancini are better managers if we persist with this "trophies = greatness" argument.

Pretty sure Jose didn't have superstar players or money to buy them at Porto when he won the Champions league to be fair

The test for Poch will be next season after spurs lose Kane and Ali to bigger clubs.

He has put together the best spurs side in many a year and it looks like he will still lose out to Man city, in the trophy stakes, who destroyed Napoli last night and look a good bet to win the PL and CL this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Real went for all 3 !

Porto?

This trophy stuff is nonsense. You can win a trophy without being a great manager, that’s obviously. But can you be a great manager without winning one, I’m not so sure.Add to that his appalling away against top sides since coming to English football. He’s record is something like 2 wins in 23 games. Great?, not for me. Not yet.

Porto?

This trophy stuff is nonsense. You can win a trophy without being a great manager, that’s obviously. But can you be a great manager without winning one, I’m not so sure.Add to that his appalling away against top sides since coming to English football. He’s record is something like 2 wins in 23 games. Great?, not for me. Not yet.

I don't really understand your argument though. From what I can see, no one is saying that he is an all time great. They are just pointing out that currently he is one of the best around (i'd also chuck Jose and Pep into this category as well).

He generally gets the very best out of what he has (he even got Lovren looking top class, who else can add that to their CV), has an unbelievable record of developing / improving English talent (for example Kane, Ali, Lallana, Tripper, Winks, Jay Rod, Shaw - Even Lambert to a degree) and on top of this is a top bloke.

He'll go on to win loads, i'm sure of it (hopefully as England manager) - then he'll be considered and people can argue if he's an all time great or not.

Probably just a coincidence that the "best" managers being mentioned also have the best players at the club.

Mopo had a chance to prove he was great without the benefit of great players and failed miserably at Espanyol.

Also feel he underperformed with us given the squad we had that season.

He walked into an outrageously good squad at Spurs and there recruitment has been largely great. If he genuinely can't win trophies with that Spurs team.......