Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Total balls re shaw IMHO, the guy is fit as anything. This is van Gaal stamping his authority after jose's comments.

Not so sure about that ... he was forever tweeting about how tired he was after training / matches last season.

Maybe it's all the Three somes are taking their toll on him, or maybe he's bashing the bishop all night thinking about the threesomes he will be getting. :blush:

Edited by ericofarabia

Not so sure about that ... he was forever tweeting about how tired he was after training / matches last season.

Maybe it's all the Three somes are taking their toll on him, or maybe he's bashing the bishop all night thinking about the threesomes he will be getting. :blush:

Funny :)

Wonder how the United stars are enjoying the new regime. Zaha - you are playing there or not at all. £10 to a bucket of pig**** there will be some tantrums in the offing

Difference between VG and Moyes is the former isn't in awe of, or scared of big time charlie players....

To be fair, Shaw can occasionally look a little on the porky side (although that could be more muscle than fat), and sometimes he ambles back slowly after his bursting runs forward (maybe that is more due to laziness than fitness though).

Think he is naturally stocky built but re the 2nd point was I the only one asking myself so where's Shaw?" at many of the goals we conceded last season, only to see him on the replay reaching our 18 yard line as the ball went in.

Van Gaal is putting fear into all the players by what he's done. At the same time he's bringing Shaw back to earth and being forced to face the reality of what he's let himself in for being at 30 +million player.

Van Gaal is putting fear into all the players by what he's done. At the same time he's bringing Shaw back to earth and being forced to face the reality of what he's let himself in for being at 30 +million player.

Unless shaw seriously let himself go after the world cup Van Gaal is being a knob , with our high tempo game there's no way he's less fit than the others at utd

Edited by simo

Agreed.

I have images of Shaw, with a tear rolling down his cheek, telling Van Gaal, "bbb..but Poch never yelled at us..."

Van Gaal has come in and was probably expecting more for his £27 million. But Shaw has probably had his head in the sky thinking he's the best left back in the world for the last few weeks. This be a nice bump down to earth for him. A real manager who doesn't take any bull****.

Van Gaal has come in and was probably expecting more for his £27 million. But Shaw has probably had his head in the sky thinking he's the best left back in the world for the last few weeks. This be a nice bump down to earth for him. A real manager who doesn't take any bull****.

A real manager who falls out with his players, fails to get the most out of his teams and often gets fired......

Think he is naturally stocky built but re the 2nd point was I the only one asking myself so where's Shaw?" at many of the goals we conceded last season, only to see him on the replay reaching our 18 yard line as the ball went in.

Replace the word "conceded" with "scored" and "Shaw" with "Lambert" and you'll understand how I felt about our quick breaks. :D

...and Lovren is forced to train with the U21s as the rest of the Liverpool squad fly off to the USA. He was denied a US visa apparently lol.

Nothing to do with saints fans tipping off US authorities that he is an alleged Crack Cocaine dealer. ?

• 1 month later...

Quotes from RAWK "Lovren could turn out to be a even worse buy than Andy Carroll, we got robbed for giving 20m for him."

"He was taking five touches or so and then spraying the ball forwards and missing the target. If Carra had played those passes, people would be calling them hoofs"

He is a good defender so it's not going to happen but I am enjoying his tribulations at the moment.

Edited by farawaysaint

He is good, but I still think a lot of people miss how important a solid central midfield is. Any CB has an easier job with Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Cork in front of them. Allen, Gerrard and Henderson aren't the same sort of players and leave them exposed a lot.

I don't think Liverpool will get anywhere near the title. They got near last season as a one off, momentum and no distractions. That run won't happen again, they'll struggle to find their best team, change it up every week and all be moaning very soon. So basically all back to normal.

it seemed to me that the diamond formation suited them, it got the best out of sterling, sturridge and balotelli (away to spurs anyway)

they went to a 4231 today. and it showed (although no sturridge and sterling from the off cant help) and they did not look all that

quite how they are going to fit, coutinho, sterling, Cann, henerson, Allen, Lucas, "stevie", Mirkovic, lallana in a diamond midfield, I dont know

I think you are right, lots of changes in most games, due to the extra games will not serve them well

I''m not convinced by 2 up front really, can work but does leave you wide open. Suarez and Sturridge swapped well, was rarely 2 up front, but they were still wide open.

But yeah, no idea what Liverpool's best team is now. If it's Ballotelli OR Sturridge then great, but doubt he'll do that. Same problem at Man Utd.

Think they could do well with Sterling, Lallana and one of Coutinho or Markovic in a 3 behind the striker.

As for Man Utd, that'll be interesting. This 352 thing is just a fad, and it won't suit them one bit. Holland were so negative post-spain game. You sign Di Maria, don't mess around, put him left wing and you might have a new Giggs. Herrara and Blind could form a nice central 2, but Mata is too good to leave out IMO. But he will. Mata is a team player, not a big ego, and I imagine he'll be sacrificed.

Load of nonsenses pal. Playing 2 up front doesn't leave you wide open. Man city have often played with two up front, it's the talksport type 'playing two up top leaves you exposed' brigade that invented that sh*te. Playing two strikers means you play with less attacking full backs, two holding midfield players, or even a good old fashion 4-4-2. Absolute myth and something said by people who have heard other people say it.

One game does not make Adam poor. It will take time to make him a poor player.

Lovren was played right centre back by Rogers yesterday. All his good work for Saints came when he played left centre back. Also let's not forget than Wanyama and Schneiderlin don't play in front of him.

I think Van Gaal bought Rojo because he wasn't convinced by Shaw. I think Shaw has been poorly advised to go to Man U. Although he will become a very Rich young man, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Just read Osvaldo got 2 goals today for Milan.

Was just going to add that. Started today for Inter against Sassuolo and scored the 4th after 43 minutes & 6th after 73 minutes in a 7-0 win. Interestingly last seasons golden boy Dominico Berardi who starred for Sassuolo (owned by Juventus from memory) got a straight red card on the hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt6fwLJsEn0

The goals are in the first 6 & half minutes - looks like it was recorded live with the highlights tagged on the end.

One game does not make Adam poor. It will take time to make him a poor player.

Lovren was played right centre back by Rogers yesterday. All his good work for Saints came when he played left centre back. Also let's not forget than Wanyama and Schneiderlin don't play in front of him.

I think Van Gaal bought Rojo because he wasn't convinced by Shaw. I think Shaw has been poorly advised to go to Man U. Although he will become a very Rich young man, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Personally thought Lallana was reasonably good in a mediocre Liverpool performance. Not bad considering he's been injured. Not happy with how he left but as you say it'll be whole season before we can judge whether he's going to carry on playing at the level he was for us last year.

Personally thought Lallana was reasonably good in a mediocre Liverpool performance. Not bad considering he's been injured. Not happy with how he left but as you say it'll be whole season before we can judge whether he's going to carry on playing at the level he was for us last year.

He's not going to lose his quality but he is going to have to find a way to play in a team where there are a lot of players who demand the ball and want to do things with it. No doubt he was the focus of our play at Saints but at Liverpool you've got Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard, and Coutinho (maybe others I've missed too) who all want the ball and to do things with it regardless of where they play on the pitch.

His biggest challenge will be the change he has to have in mentality as a player more than anything else. Was surprised to see him come off ahead of Markovic but as it was his first game this season maybe it was a sensible thing to do. Personally think teams will see the left hand side of Liverpool's team very easy to attack if they continue to play Lallana and Moreno there.