Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Liverpool. Nothing against SRL, Lallana (who also gave us many good years) will be on the bench, and Lovren will be in Liverpool watching it on the telly. MP on the other hand treated cups with total disdain when with us, so the last thing I want is that wanker winning one.

Amen to that.

I'd like to see a Liverpool v Spurs final. As other say it would keep them both occupied and hopefully cost them in the league.

Trouble is I don't want either to win it.

Depending how our season pans out, anything but a Sheff Utd win could open up an extra Europa Cup space, although of course we are aiming CL, 7th place could still get Europe in worst case scenario. unless Spurs and Liverpool fail to reach such lofty heights anyway.

Regarding tonights match, normarily it would be Sheff Utd all the way, as underdogs and to spite Poch and all Spurs fans, but having been at Sheffield and hearing disusted Koeman was with the behaviour of the home sides officials, it's in the balance.

Edited by ericofarabia

A Stockport-based colleague is working in London all week, and fancied going to a match. He had a look round what was on this week, and managed to get a ticket for the Spurs game tonight for £25 on general sale. So this "massive club" hadn't sold out a cup semi final three days before, even at cheapest prices. Btw he's not a Spurs fan, he's actually from Hereford, but they don't have a team at the moment.

Strange I thought we put out pretty much the best sides we could given injuries. Look how many people got upset over Victor being injured in a cup game.

But we did make changes

Long for Pelle, targett for bertrand, Toby on the bench Etc

Obviously as we all love Ronald, it's different this time

A Stockport-based colleague is working in London all week, and fancied going to a match. He had a look round what was on this week, and managed to get a ticket for the Spurs game tonight for £25 on general sale. So this "massive club" hadn't sold out a cup semi final three days before, even at cheapest prices. Btw he's not a Spurs fan, he's actually from Hereford, but they don't have a team at the moment.

Totally off topic but I still find it weird that Saints and Stockport county went in to Admin about the same time and spent a season together in league 1 and while we are now in the PL Stockport are in the conference north

Totally off topic but I still find it weird that Saints and Stockport county went in to Admin about the same time and spent a season together in league 1 and while we are now in the PL Stockport are in the conference north

Very sad what's happened to County. **** poor financial management from what I hear, plus being in the shadow of two massive local teams. In their championship days I could sometimes hear the roar of a goal in a big match from my house, about 2 miles from my house. Not a peep these days. There's a few Stockport-based City fans I know that used to go watch both, when County played on a Friday night, same way Tranmere used to get Liverpool and Everton fans. Praps they should give that a try?

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, but today I've heard from a fairly reliable source that Clyne is looking to move on in the summer, with money being the biggest pull away. Shame really, but would tie in with his deal running out in 2016 and him deliberating over a new deal. Take this information as you wish.

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, but today I've heard from a fairly reliable source that Clyne is looking to move on in the summer, with money being the biggest pull away. Shame really, but would tie in with his deal running out in 2016 and him deliberating over a new deal. Take this information as you wish.

Not wanting to be rude, buy hardly news. My distaste for football and the money involved has temporarily been quashed by RK but I feel it coming back with a vengeance.

Perfectly plausible.

What people need prepare for is that us finishing fourth isn't necessarily going to keep the likes of Clyne here if there are other better options who might pay more.

Even if they're not in the Champions League, Man United is still Man United.

It frustrates me, as last year, I suggested to all my mates that Clyne and Shaw will be future England full backs. They all laughed at me.

Now if they're both playing for Man United, it would be demoralising.

Even the Daily Mail posted a 'prediction' for Uniteds team next year, with the likes of Hummels, Strootman and Clyne in it.

It is a shame money talks, but guess that is football nowadays.

Hardly a big shock he'll move on for the big money and hopefully (for him) it will work out better for him than it did for last summers leavers. Meanwhile we are still in the PL and the 25th richest club in the world which means we should be able to attract a decent replacement from somewhere else in the world who wants to earn more money than at his current club.

I think people should just prepare themselves for another summer like the last one come the end of the season. Even if we manage CL the best players we have will jump ship for more cash.

C'est la vie.

It's almost impossible to get attached to players in this modern time anyway.

Not wanting to be rude, buy hardly news. My distaste for football and the money involved has temporarily been quashed by RK but I feel it coming back with a vengeance.

Same. I'm trying to put off all thoughts of another summer like last year's, but you know it's going to happen all over again. I'm not confident we can keep on replacing like for like as we managed this season – we'll get it wrong some time. If we happen to be in the Champions League and then our squad gets picked apart again, I'd doubt our chances of doing much in the competition. We'll see, but I'm not holding out more than a modicum of hope we'll keep hold of Morgan and Clyne, and possibly Wanyama and Toby as well. Money rules unfortunately.

Same. I'm trying to put off all thoughts of another summer like last year's, but you know it's going to happen all over again. I'm not confident we can keep on replacing like for like as we managed this season – we'll get it wrong some time. If we happen to be in the Champions League and then our squad gets picked apart again, I'd doubt our chances of doing much in the competition. We'll see, but I'm not holding out more than a modicum of hope we'll keep hold of Morgan and Clyne, and possibly Wanyama and Toby as well. Money rules unfortunately.

And superbly assisted by FFP rules!

Perfectly plausible.

What people need prepare for is that us finishing fourth isn't necessarily going to keep the likes of Clyne here if there are other better options who might pay more.

Even if they're not in the Champions League, Man United is still Man United.

Well lets hope United finish outside the top four then. It might reduce a certain wish to play for the hyped-up c0nts.

Well lets hope United finish outside the top four then. It might reduce a certain wish to play for the hyped-up c0nts.

Also, some of Manchester United's commercial sponsorship deals are dependent on their presence in the Champions League. If we (and by we I mean the league as a whole) can keep them out it will help everyone.

Also, some of Manchester United's commercial sponsorship deals are dependent on their presence in the Champions League. If we (and by we I mean the league as a whole) can keep them out it will help everyone.

No idea how you've come to that. Don't bother explain yourself here though. Do one of your blogs on it, then I can safely ignore it.

what, they will spend £120m instead of £150m the summer after next?

No idea how you've come to that. Don't bother explain yourself here though. Do one of your blogs on it, then I can safely ignore it.

I assume the first sentence was clear. Man U makes less money from some of their sponsorship deals if they are not in the Champions League. If they have less money they can spend less money and they are easier for everyone else to compete with. Not sure why you didn't get it, but I didn't feel it was worth a full blog article. Feel free to ignore this post if you wish.

what, they will spend £120m instead of £150m the summer after next?

I have no idea what the actual numbers will be, but their profit in the last two years was only a little bit more than their net spend so far this year. Also, without increases in commercial income or European income they cannot increase their total wages by more than 4 million pounds per year. They cannot keep doing this forever and if they don't get back into the champions league they have to stop doing it sooner than if they do. Of course, they will always (for the foreseeable future anyway) be able to spend more than anyone else, but anything that mitigates that is good for everyone else in the league.

I assume the first sentence was clear. Man U makes less money from some of their sponsorship deals if they are not in the Champions League. If they have less money they can spend less money and they are easier for everyone else to compete with. Not sure why you didn't get it, but I didn't feel it was worth a full blog article. Feel free to ignore this post if you wish.

I have no idea what the actual numbers will be, but their profit in the last two years was only a little bit more than their net spend so far this year. Also, without increases in commercial income or European income they cannot increase their total wages by more than 4 million pounds per year. They cannot keep doing this forever and if they don't get back into the champions league they have to stop doing it sooner than if they do. Of course, they will always (for the foreseeable future anyway) be able to spend more than anyone else, but anything that mitigates that is good for everyone else in the league.

We've got less money than lots of clubs but we've been quite difficult for teams to compete with this season.

Man United will still be significantly bigger and richer than lots of other clubs for a long time and significantly richer and bigger than us, probably forever. And even if they're not, other big clubs will take their place.

So just a false premise. Let's remember you've been following football for about a fortnight, and all the blogs in the world doesn't change that.

Let's remember you've been following football for about a fortnight, and all the blogs in the world doesn't change that.

Pretty rude. Phil Neville's been involved in football for years, does that makes his opinion valuable? How about Garth Crooks?

I'm quite happy with ManU spending money, the more they spend, the more disjointed the team seems to be, plus we got a great price for Shaw.

Edited by Plastic