Defectors Watch

adrian lord

A Belgian 2nd division team, probably full of turds. I doubt Pep could've done much better. On top of that, his gardening leave was probably coming to a close, so King Power wouldn't want to keep paying his wages that were probably considerably higher than others in that Micky Mouse league.

Fonte captained his Lille team to yet another victory today, winning 2-0 away to Guingamp, to keep them in 2nd place. They have won all eight of their games this year.

Fonte is having possibly the best season of his career and looks certain to be playing in the Champions League next season, as Lille are 12 points clear of the 4th placed team, so we might see him back in this country.

Walcott is crap, and has been for years.

I've always believed he made a daft move, going to Arsenal when he did. As a 16 year old he was developing so well, playing regularly Championship football. Instead he jacked it in to go and sit on the bench and watch Henry, all misty eyed for a couple of years.

Fonte captained his Lille team to yet another victory today, winning 2-0 away to Guingamp, to keep them in 2nd place. They have won all eight of their games this year.

Fonte is having possibly the best season of his career and looks certain to be playing in the Champions League next season, as Lille are 12 points clear of the 4th placed team, so we might see him back in this country.

He's probably having a season at a level where his age isn't too big of a handicap. Beating Guingamp 2-0 is probably comparable to beating Ipswich.

Great result for poch last night.

Remember when a few on here said he would not last a season at Spurs and has no plan B

Fine manager there IMO

This classic Batman; statement followed by how this shows up some posters on here. You have been doing this for over a decade now, you need a new thing bruv.

This would be the same Batman that told us, week in, week out, how cr ap Pelle was? I think most people on here recognised at the time that he was a decent manager but also at the time, he did not have a plan B if his high press didn’t work. People learn and improve (apart from Batman it would appear) and that would seem to be the case with Pochettino. He still hasn’t won anything yet though ;)

This would be the same Batman that told us, week in, week out, how cr ap Pelle was? I think most people on here recognised at the time that he was a decent manager but also at the time, he did not have a plan B if his high press didn’t work. People learn and improve (apart from Batman it would appear) and that would seem to be the case with Pochettino. He still hasn’t won anything yet though ;)

Can’t get them all right.

Most..... not all

Great result for poch last night.

Remember when a few on here said he would not last a season at Spurs and has no plan B

Fine manager there IMO

What I recall some people here saying at the time he left was that Spurs' had hired him to get them into the top 4 and that he had no chance of achieving that. Now the goal posts have changed and they say he has to win the league or even the Champions' League or he is a failure. I liked him as a manager when he was here and I still do. Our owner's lack of ambition drove him away. I like our current manager too but the owners' lack of ambition will probably drive him away too. That really doesn't mean we should hate them for moving on. We should appreciate what they did in their time here and understand that talented people have ambitions too. If they hadn't done a good job here, they would have been sacked like the other managers have been recently.

Poch has made you look a bit silly soggy, though your support for Pellegrino doesn’t look too special either :lol:

Edited by shurlock

What I recall some people here saying at the time he left was that Spurs' had hired him to get them into the top 4 and that he had no chance of achieving that. Now the goal posts have changed and they say he has to win the league or even the Champions' League or he is a failure. I liked him as a manager when he was here and I still do. Our owner's lack of ambition drove him away. I like our current manager too but the owners' lack of ambition will probably drive him away too. That really doesn't mean we should hate them for moving on. We should appreciate what they did in their time here and understand that talented people have ambitions too. If they hadn't done a good job here, they would have been sacked like the other managers have been recently.

Exactly! The number who will stay with us for a whole career are few and far between and always have been..Terry P, Nick Holmes, MLT even Mick Channon had a short spell away, and its the same with other clubs. So enjoy what you've got while you've got it and when they leave wish them well (I can't quite do that with the Liverpool gang)

Poch had lots of critics in his time here inc Lawrie Mac who hadn't heard of 'the young lad who doesn't speak English',

This is disingenuous. Whilst it’s true there was a lot of criticism of the initial appointment, including Lawrie, most on here, and most of the media which now fawn over him, to say he had a lot of critics isn’t really true. It was not his “time here” that attracted criticism, it was the sacking of Nigel and his initial appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sad to see that Sadio Mane had his house robbed whilst away playing for his new club.

Dont think this is the first time this has happened to ex Saints players/Manager in this city on the bay.

Much safer residing in Ocean Village, Winchester or other more salubrious areas in the south of this fair country!!

Sad to see that Sadio Mane had his house robbed whilst away playing for his new club.

Dont think this is the first time this has happened to ex Saints players/Manager in this city on the bay.

Much safer residing in Ocean Village, Winchester or other more salubrious areas in the south of this fair country!!

Err didn't Victor get burgled whilst playing a game for Saints ?