Defectors Watch

adrian lord

FFS Tadic did his time here and wanted to go back to his adopted home. Why people think and expect overseas players (especially them) to want to spend their whole career at a provincial club like Saints is a mystery to me.

Lazy also. Doesn’t run like Long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tadic is definitely a guy that shines with good players around him. Wouldn't look out of place in a better team but is totally wasted in poor teams like what we became post Mane/Pelle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cant make an argument against that,everyone who leaves us pressently seems to become superstars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
VvD scores for Liverpool. He's gonna win the league.

I’d love it if they got to 100 points, but still finished below City who get 102. Could easily happen this season. Would be funny as **** if they got enough points to win the league every season...................except this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morgan still getting torrid abuse from his lot on their forum, and found these nuggets :

Total fraud of a footballer.

Yep...not his fault tho...but hey we're lumbered with this fraud that EFC was too big for him to handle when he stepped onto the grass at Goodison...like RK couldn't handle just how big things are...

..got to laugh at the delusion there...

Southampton are going to panic buy him, won’t cost a lot and it’s a club legend (imagine this bloke being regarded as that) that will keep the fans happy. Best for everyone until they go down and he wants out again.

Mate , he’s not a saints legend, I’m from there and not a single one of my mates thinks he is.

Please don’t get in the way of my agenda against Southampton

Appears the Silva magic is wearing off as it did at Watford.

Lallana latest...

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool forward Adam Lallana will remain at Anfield during this transfer window, and will not be sent out on loan.

Reports elsewhere have stated that a number of clubs are interested in signing him - including Fenerbahce, where former Liverpool Sporting Director Damian Comolli now works.

It was also suggested that a loan deal might suit the player and Jurgen Klopp as Lallana looks to step up his recovery from a groin strain that has restricted him to just two Premier League starts this season.

But the England forward has made two substitute appearances for the league leaders over Christmas and it’s thought Klopp wants to now reintegrate him as a first-team regular.

To be fair to Clyne, his first two seasons at Liverpool he was starting 11 pretty much every game, he got injuryed and Liverpool born Alexander-Arnold came in and done extremely well and has kept his place. If he hadnt got injuryed I think he's still be playing regularly.

To be fair to Clyne, his first two seasons at Liverpool he was starting 11 pretty much every game, he got "injured" and Liverpool born Alexander-Arnold came in and done extremely well and has kept his place. If he hadnt got "injured" I think he's still be playing regularly.

Corrected for you.

Going back a bit...

IDIAKEZ IN LUTON CONTENTION

Luton Under-18s boss Inigo Idiakez is among the names being considered for the first-team job at Kenilworth Road, according to Sky sources.

The Hatters are on the hunt for a successor to Nathan Jones after he took the Stoke City job – and Idiakez has enjoyed success with one of their youth teams.

The former Southampton and Derby midfielder led his team to the EFL Youth Alliance Cup last season and they are currently fifth in the Southeast Division.

Luton have had more than 60 applications for Jones’ position, which has been given to club legend Mick Harford on an interim basis.

Poor Morgan.

EVERTON READY TO LET TRIO GO

Everton are ready to let Oumar Niasse, Cenk Tosun and Morgan Schneiderlin go during the January transfer window, the Mail on Sunday reports, with around £60m expected to be recouped for the trio.

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Cardiff have reportedly shown interest in the two forwards - but not at their current asking price, with the Mail reporting Everton want at least £20m for Tosun alone.

Cant believe he's still only 27.

That is a surprise - like Batman just said troubled soul too.

Shame for him really as getting to play for England and being sold a couple of times for what was then decent money, along with Klopp bringing him in to Liverpool on loan, even after a car crash of an outing against them for us, obviously shows that folks saw footballing ability in him. Then looking at the troubles that have plagued him alongside his age, the Devils of too much too young have had a field day with him.

I've just noticed that it is Callum Chambers 24th birthday today. He played the full 90 minutes for Fulham against Spurs. Not such a happy birthday. He made a big mistake leaving Saints. His career would surely have kept on a much more positive trajecory if he had opted to stay.

He was Fulham's best player today. It would be great to get him back here. As you say, he is younger than Stephens, Ward-Prowse and Redmond, and he already has 3 England caps. He's versatile, as he can play, centre back, right back or defensive midfield. He's got a lot of potential and I think Ralph would improve him a lot. Sell Hoedt and bring Chambers back!

He was Fulham's best player today. It would be great to get him back here. As you say, he is younger than Stephens, Ward-Prowse and Redmond, and he already has 3 England caps. He's versatile, as he can play, centre back, right back or defensive midfield. He's got a lot of potential and I think Ralph would improve him a lot. Sell Hoedt and bring Chambers back!

Really?? He was god damn awful when we played Fulham a few weeks back!

If he had stayed with us he would probably now be a key part of the first team squad. Instead he is being loaned out like some old second hand car to teams fighting relegation. If Fulham go the way they seem to be heading that will be 2 Premier League relegations on his cv at the age of 24. Not too impressive !

He may have 3 England caps ( he played for Arsenal so they came autimatically) but he is some way away from getting his 4th. Debatably his bank balance may now be a little healthier than if he had stayed with us but I wonder if he regrets leaving.

If he had stayed with us he would probably now be a key part of the first team squad. Instead he is being loaned out like some old second hand car to teams fighting relegation. If Fulham go the way they seem to be heading that will be 2 Premier League relegations on his cv at the age of 24. Not too impressive !

He may have 3 England caps ( he played for Arsenal so they came autimatically) but he is some way away from getting his 4th. Debatably his bank balance may now be a little healthier than if he had stayed with us but I wonder if he regrets leaving.

That could be the mantra, of quite a few few recent departures.

That could be the mantra, of quite a few few recent departures.

Our recent departures:

Departures 18/19

Manolo Gabbiadini Sampdoria 12,00 Mill. €

Dusan Tadic AFC Ajax 11,40 Mill. €

Florin Gardos CS U Craiova Free Transfer

Jérémy Pied LOSC Lille Free Transfer

Steven Davis Rangers Loan

Sam McQueen Middlesbrough Loan

Harrison Reed Blackburn Loan

Josh Sims Reading Loan

Jordy Clasie Feyenoord Loan

Sofiane Boufal Celta de Vigo Loan

Guido Carrillo CD Leganés Loan

Jake Hesketh Burton Albion Loan

Departures 17/18

Virgil van Dijk Liverpool 78,80 Mill. €

Jay Rodríguez West Brom 13,70 Mill. €

Florin Gardos CS U Craiova Loan

Cuco Martina Everton Free Transfer

Lloyd Isgrove Barnsley FC Free Transfer

Martín Cáceres Hellas Verona Free Transfer

Matt Targett Fulham Loan

Harrison Reed Norwich Loan

Sam Gallagher Birmingham Loan

Paulo Gazzaniga Tottenham Hotspur Spurs ?

Jordy Clasie Club Brugge Loan

Departures 16/17

Sadio Mané Liverpool 41,20 Mill. €

Graziano Pellè SD Luneng 15,25 Mill. €

Victor Wanyama Spurs 14,40 Mill. €

José Fonte West Ham 9,20 Mill. €

Juanmi Real Sociedad 5,00 Mill. €

Gastón Ramírez Middlesbrough Free Transfer

Paulo Gazzaniga Rayo Vallecano Loan

Sam Gallagher Blackburn Loan

A mixed bunch really. The ones who were good for us have mostly done well and the ones who were poor for us have mostly done badly. I think all players like to get their opportunity to play for the biggest club they can at some stage in their career. It's a shame that there was so much acrimony surrounding the sale of players during the Les Reed era. Hopefully, that will improve now as It would be good if we could welcome back the ones for whom we were their right level, who'd had their shot at the big time, like we did with Channon. Wanyama, for example, would be a real asset.