Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159 LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,900 of 7915

Thread: Defectors Watch

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONASAINT View Post
    Heard a nice story from the owner of a restaurant i ate at in Oxford street last night. He stated when Tadic was here he became a regular in his restaurant with his family and friends. Over time the two became friends and Tadic introduced him to other Serbian players at parties in London.
    When Tadic was sold he asked the restaurant owner if he would drive him to the airport in Tadic's Porche Cayane, which he agreed. However there was one flaw in that plan, how was the restaurant owner getting home? Tadic told him he had two options, either he catches the train home or he drives the porche home because he's not taking the car with him. He basically handed over the keys to a car worth over £50K for nothing.
    The restaurant owner sold the car and used the money to buy his wife her own business in Canute road. Apparently Tadic said loads of players when sold to countries abroad just abandon their cars at the airports!!
    What a great guy he was!
    Angus Steak House?

Italian restaurant in Oxford Street called MAXS. I have no reason to disbelieve the owner of the restaurant, he only told me the story as I was introduced to him by friends who had taken us out for the night and who knew i was a big Saints fan.

3. Default

Schneiderlin might be off.

SCHNEIDERLIN MAY LEAVE EVERTON

Morgan Schneiderlin could still leave Everton this summer.

SSN understands that both Fenerbache and Besiktas are interested in the midfielder, who has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison Park following the arrival of Fabian Delph and Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

We understand Schneiderlin is open to a move away and Everton would also be happy for him to leave if they are certain of completing a deal for one of their remaining targets.

In this case, if Everton were to bring in Abdoulaye Doucoure for instance, then Schneiderlin would be allowed to leave.

Given Schneiderlin could move abroad, Everton arenít under pressure to make a decision before Thursdayís deadline.

It certainly didn't work out for him at all after he left us.

Never worked at Utd, certainly didn't work at Everton.

Grass isn't always greener, but I guess the bank ballance is. $$$$

5. Default

Morgan did OK. Got a big pay day and a pretty wife.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post

Its always the bank balance..............we just cant and probably wont get caught..........oh wait we did Forster,Carrillio...............

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/...-kern-gestuurd

Google translate:
    "Lokeren lost on the opening match day with the smallest difference from Beerschot. Two boys who were there at the time have since been sent to the B-team.

According to Het Laatste Nieuws, Lokeren has removed Steve De Ridder and MickaŽl Tirpan from the first team. In that B-core they can gradually set up a complete team: Van Moerzeke, De Mey, Monsecour, Reznicek, Julian Michel, Terki and Slagveer were already there.

Steve De Ridder was told a while ago that he must leave, but has not yet found a new club. At Tirpan there are other reasons. Tirpan went red last Friday and was sent to the B-team for disciplinary reasons. His story at Lokeren seems completely over."

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post

I think that's a bit harsh on the lad, he was a good servant of the club who had outgrown the team and wanted to test himself at a higher level his departure didn't feel hugely money motivated unlike say Lovren, when he left us he was a French International and most of us thought United had got themselves one of the best DM's in the league. Sadly for what ever reason it hasn't worked out for him, Man Utd was always going to be a big ask and it seems his confidence has taken a battering. I'd have him back at Saints in a heart beat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a1ex2001 View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh on the lad, he was a good servant of the club who had outgrown the team and wanted to test himself at a higher level his departure didn't feel hugely money motivated unlike say Lovren, when he left us he was a French International and most of us thought United had got themselves one of the best DM's in the league. Sadly for what ever reason it hasn't worked out for him, Man Utd was always going to be a big ask and it seems his confidence has taken a battering. I'd have him back at Saints in a heart beat.
    Exactly who we could do with right now, shame it won't happen.

Meanwhile Jason Puncheon has joined Pafos
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49258601

10. Default

Unfortunately Morgan is not the player he was for us and probably never will be ....

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Good on him. Hope he has a great time.

Always liked Puncheon. Him and Clyne together worked very well.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post

Hope they've got plenty of bog-roll in.

14. Default

Agree, I still think he'd offer more as a DM for us than we've currently got.

15. Default

I'd have him back at Saints in a heart beat.
    The 2019 version wouldnít get in our side and would be on a big whack. No thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    And big Vic is on his way out of WHL.

I'd have them both back like a shot.

17. Default

Much loved defector Lovren potentially on the move...

@_pauljoyce: AS Roma in talks with Liverpool over transfer of Dejan Lovren. Deal possible and asking price around £15m now. Lovren recognises heís fourth choice.

18. Default

@_pauljoyce: AS Roma in talks with Liverpool over transfer of Dejan Lovren. Deal possible and asking price around £15m now. Lovren recognises heís fourth choice.
    That's quite cheap for "one of the best defenders in the world"...

Does that price include his head?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    That's quite cheap for "one of the best defenders in the world"...
    Who told you that? ��������

Blog Entries

Well you got that right.

Dan Petrescu got a decent result last night, good to see him doing well.

23. Default Celtic set to clinch deal for Ex-Saints forward Afolabi

I thought Targett left for more game time? Kept out of the Villa side by a 30 year old Neil Taylor so far

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    I thought Targett left for more game time? Kept out of the Villa side by a 30 year old Neil Taylor so far
    TBF 30 is in his prime really, it's not as if he's 38. Targett will get his chance, especially if they keep shipping goals and losing.

26. Default Tottenham in talks to sell Victor Wanyama to Club Brugge for around £11m

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Spurs will do well to get £11m for a crocked Vic

Schneiderlin seems to be Everton's equivalant of Clasie:

#bbcfootball or text on 81111 (UK only)

Don’t understand why Marco Silva bothered to put Morgan Schneiderlin back in, he goes backwards, looks a liability on the ball and players jog past him frequently.

Targett on the other hand hasn’t even made the bench for Villa, not that Taylor looks anything special.

Shocking miss from Theo, on a par with Ings’s Tyro League miss late on last week.

Potentially a bad result for Saints though

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Shocking miss from Theo, on a par with Ings’s Tyro League miss late on last week.

Potentially a bad result for Saints though
    Everton look nothing special, if we get our arses in gear there’s no reason we can’t compete with them over the course of a season. All three of their fixtures have been easier than either of our two.

Waaaaaay too early to be hoping for relegation rivals to start losing.

Ryan Tafazolli seems to have settled in at Hull

Charlie Austin struggling to get into the West Brom starting eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    They were a goal down for 80 minutes of that match and he was an unused sub. Doesn’t bode too well.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Probably because he didn't have a proper pre-season. No games played and joined West Brom late in the window.

Goal at last for Sam Gallagher for Blackburn.

Matt Targett off injured in the 1st half for Villa. That lad has no luck.

Josť Fonte captained his Lille team to a 3-0 victory over Saint-…tienne tonight.

Tadic v Fonte in UEFA Champions League Group H

Chelsea
    Ajax
    Valencia
    Lille

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Josť Fonte captained his Lille team to a 3-0 victory over Saint-…tienne tonight.
    Jesus wept.

Artur Boruc having a party at Ibrox last night, in the crowd with the Legia Warsaw fans, leading the anti-Rangers chanting with a megaphone.

Eddie Howe not happy.

#legend

44. Default

Went to Montreal Impact vs DC United today. Saphir Taider was absolutely gash in a 3-0 home defeat for Montreal.

The DC fans that traveled up were incredible though, sang, chanted and drummed for the whole time they were in the stadium, didn’t stop for a single minute. Constant noise.

45. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Went to Montreal Impact vs DC United today. Saphir Taider was absolutely gash in a 3-0 home defeat for Montreal.

The DC fans that traveled up were incredible though, sang, chanted and drummed for the whole time they were in the stadium, didnít stop for a single minute. Constant noise.
    I so miss him

Matt and Joseph Mills: ‘Our parents can drive to the same ground now’

https://www.theguardian.com/football...re_AndroidApp_

An interesting read.

Matt Mills's move to Man City was controversial at the time. It never really worked out for him.

The "Callum Chambers" of 2005 ????

47. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Matt and Joseph Mills: ‘Our parents can drive to the same ground now’

https://www.theguardian.com/football...re_AndroidApp_

An interesting read.

Matt Mills's move to Man City was controversial at the time. It never really worked out for him.

The "Callum Chambers" of 2005 ????
    Good read! A club captain & player-coach. They’ve done ok for themselves. Good to see.

48. Default

I remember thinking that Mills and Cranie - being first choice for England under 18s and under 21s, with Cranie being the captain - were going to be an amazing pairing for us moving forward. Shame it never worked out that way.

Slightly tenuous, seeing as it's getting on for 30 years since he left, but Neil Ruddock is on Celebrity Masterchef.

Pretty obvious he likes his food too. Hard to believe he used to be a professional sportsman.

A young 21-year-old centre-back, Ben White, who's on loan from Brighton has been named Leeds' player of the month as they sit in third place in the Championship. What does it have to do with us? Well, he was released by Saints just five years a go at 16.