Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Not directly a defector - but the home of a few.

They really do have some pea brain supporters - given their history you would think that none of them would do something so unacceptable.............of course its never them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

If they'd all stayed we'd have been in the champions league final 3 years ago :x

Perhaps Cortese and Pochettino's ambition to at least get us into the Champions League wasn't so unrealistic after all? Paul Mitchell and Jose Fonte are achieving that with RB Leipzig and Lille now.

Perhaps Cortese and Pochettino's ambition to at least get us into the Champions League wasn't so unrealistic after all? Paul Mitchell and Jose Fonte are achieving that with RB Leipzig and Lille now.
Lille have won the league in living memory and qualified for the Champions League plenty of times. Hardly some fairytale kickstarted by the appearance of Jose Fonte.

Leipzig have qualified for the Champions League before Mitchell turned up, and our current leadership team have recruited a manager that took them into the Champions League. At the time you were demanding we appoint Darren Powell.

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Name rings a bell wasn't he a loan signing ( from Chelsea?) our first season in league 1?

Yeah. I thought he was alright at the time. Only played 12 games for us.

He was sacked by Chelsea for letting off a smoke bomb at their training ground, hahaha.

Never good enough for us though was he?

How much did we sell him for again?

Hope he wins the Champions League final with a 25 yard screamer against Barcelona.

This is one of those nonsense posts that are far too revisionist. We all knew he had skill, but look at his goal scoring for us vs this season at Ajax.

What price would you have sold him for? Given that he didn't want to be here, would you have slapped on a £50m valuation? He was here for 4 years, put in a shift, and he was treated fairly with a fair price.

Never good enough for us though was he? He was good for us, occasionally great and occasionally bad

How much did we sell him for again? A pre agreed release price I think

Hope he wins the Champions League final with a 25 yard screamer against Barcelona.

He could but its unlikely but I would love it too

Never good enough for us though was he?

How much did we sell him for again?

It would be good if of all the recent high profile departures, he was the only one to actually win a significant trophy.....

To everyone who is going on about Tadic’s great stats, remember he is playing in the Eredivisie. Yes he is a good player and we could do with him right now, but his stats are quite flattering as Ajax have the best squad in the league by a mile. Besides that the pace in the Eredivisie is much lower and players get way more time on the ball. He gets the time to control and play the ball with someone like Van Dijk crashing in to him the second the ball gets near him.

I do hope Ajax win the league get to play Barcelona in the CL final. They have a great squad with some very talented players. We won’t do bad to go over there and have a look at how the club and scouting is run.

To everyone who is going on about Tadic’s great stats, remember he is playing in the Eredivisie. Yes he is a good player and we could do with him right now, but his stats are quite flattering as Ajax have the best squad in the league by a mile. Besides that the pace in the Eredivisie is much lower and players get way more time on the ball. He gets the time to control and play the ball with someone like Van Dijk crashing in to him the second the ball gets near him.

I do hope Ajax win the league get to play Barcelona in the CL final. They have a great squad with some very talented players. We won’t do bad to go over there and have a look at how the club and scouting is run.

We don't need to. We've had Les Reed for a decade, I thought Ajax came over here to see how Les did it.

As for this season, yes would like to see Ajax v Barcelona in the CL Final.

He has also done it in the Champs League and he did it in the bernabeu when it mattered most.

He had great stats before coming to us, has great assist stats for the PL and not bad goals and was the ultimate professional being wasted by Pellegrino.

Tadic is a throw back playmaker.

Ex-Saints rule Europe! Tadic, Wanyama, van Dijk, Mané, Alderweireld.... all through to the final 4. You could almost put a World XI together with the players we've sold.

Last 4 of the Champions league could feature 9 ex-saints either playing or on the bench

Liverpool- Lovren, VVD, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Mane

Spurs - Alderweireld , Wanyama, Gazzaniga

Ajax - Tadic

Not sure if winning the champions league would trigger any payment add ons

I guess it is entirely possible that Jurgen Klopp would nip down to Southampton, having nothing better to do with a Saturday afternoon off, dressed in his entire branded Liverpool outfit and fancy a KFC in Thornhill because that's exactly what he would do.....:mcinnes:

So long as that's all the dippers win, I'll be more than happy.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

he has no chance of the football writers award.

The journo's are falling over themselves to give it to Sterling. More so after the way some of them have treated him over the years

Anyone else noted that Tadic has 24 league goals for Ajax this year and 12 assists? 2nd top scorer in the league.

30 goals and 15 assists in all competitions, from 42 games, staggering.

Completely rejuvenated him. I know the league standard is poor but considering people have been talking about Ziyech for years and Lozano is heavily rated, he blows those two out of the water.

Edited by tajjuk

Talking to an Ajax supporter ahead of tonight’s game against Totty, Dusan is rated very highly and they cannot understand why we let him go for a measly sum. Good luck to him and hope Tottys cabinet under Potty stays as it is, empty.

Listening to a Dutch journo on talkSport, he said that the PL doesn't suit all players, and Tadic was a prime example. Too pressing, too many games, too physical. As for the "measly sum", what value would they think appropriate? This is their list of transfer records: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ajax-amsterdam/transferrekorde/verein/610 so we might have managed to squeeze a couple of million more out of them, although we have no idea what the terms of the sale were and if there were any bonuses. He'd been with us for 4 years, and wanted to leave. What should we have done, tied him up? And I suspect that there were no higher bids, or if there were, then not significantly higher.

Listening to a Dutch journo on talkSport, he said that the PL doesn't suit all players, and Tadic was a prime example. Too pressing, too many games, too physical. As for the "measly sum", what value would they think appropriate? This is their list of transfer records: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ajax-amsterdam/transferrekorde/verein/610 so we might have managed to squeeze a couple of million more out of them, although we have no idea what the terms of the sale were and if there were any bonuses. He'd been with us for 4 years, and wanted to leave. What should we have done, tied him up? And I suspect that there were no higher bids, or if there were, then not significantly higher.

But it did suit him, he was one of the most creative players in the league on a regular basis! Brushing shoulders with De Bruyne and the likes with chances created, so many assists for us. He was a success, he was just mis managed by Puel and Pellegrino in a turgid and boring team. Put him in a dymanic team with pace and he's a key part, as we saw when he was in Koemans side with Pelle and Mane etc.

Top player for us, certainly didn't fail in the PL and certainly wasn't a reject. I think we let him go as he made it clear he wanted to go, and Ajax was his only choice. A lot of clubs are probably looking now at his form and wondering why they didn't grab him, but he deserves what he's getting now - so let him enjoy it, but also needs respect for what he did here.

But it did suit him, he was one of the most creative players in the league on a regular basis! Brushing shoulders with De Bruyne and the likes with chances created, so many assists for us. He was a success, he was just mis managed by Puel and Pellegrino in a turgid and boring team. Put him in a dymanic team with pace and he's a key part, as we saw when he was in Koemans side with Pelle and Mane etc.

Top player for us, certainly didn't fail in the PL and certainly wasn't a reject. I think we let him go as he made it clear he wanted to go, and Ajax was his only choice. A lot of clubs are probably looking now at his form and wondering why they didn't grab him, but he deserves what he's getting now - so let him enjoy it, but also needs respect for what he did here.

Exactly. Can’t assist if nobody scores anything.

So the Lazy and Useless Tadic is playing a champions league semi final, I wonder if they’d like Sims instead? He is better according to this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said no one, ever. Apart from you, just then.

Simple fact was, aside from a slight spell where he woke up at the end of the season under Hughes, he was pretty ineffective for about two years, and crucially he was missing big chances in games as well.

Sometimes players need a change of scenery or just work under a different manager or with different players. Ajax have lots of young players willing to do lots of running around Tadic which probably helps him.

But he is also playing week in week out against basically League 1 level players, there are like 3-4 decent clubs in the Eredivisie the rest would struggle to compete with Championship clubs, IIRC Ajax have the largest wage bill in the league and I think its lower than pretty much every PL club.

Also £12 million is a big signing for them, they spent like £25 million in the summer which is massive for a club like Ajax, but half the PL probably spent more than double that easily.

Fair play to him though, we always knew he was creative but hes clearly banging in the goals as well.