Defectors Watch

adrian lord

ccfcb75441537377271a3a5e15268f1f.jpg

Lovren in the paper this morning. His wife's head was elsewhere. And with this complete mess of a bloke.

IIRC Lovren was subbed against us last season as Klopp said the crowd was getting to him. This gives us a great excuse to give him the Kevin Phillips treatment this season.

16k aweek! I thought he left for massive wages (in football terms)

Sorry you missed my point. I don't think we should have sold him so early in the window..people on this forum are excusing the lack of transfer activity due to clubs wanting replacements lined up, in willing to sell, holding on to get the right price yet we happily sell first, strengthen our rivals and then buy (if history is to be repeated) on the final day of the window, having already played games and needing to "bed them in" (to use your words).

To me the money is irrelevant and if we only got 10 million for him next year it wouldn't have mattered. I want to see the best team we can field, winning as many games as possible. Who cares what profit we make? To the club it appears selling at the highest price is the key metric.

That isn't what long term sustainability is about.

Sorry you missed my point. I don't think we should have sold him so early in the window..people on this forum are excusing the lack of transfer activity due to clubs wanting replacements lined up, in willing to sell, holding on to get the right price yet we happily sell first, strengthen our rivals and then buy (if history is to be repeated) on the final day of the window, having already played games and needing to "bed them in" (to use your words).

To me the money is irrelevant and if we only got 10 million for him next year it wouldn't have mattered. I want to see the best team we can field, winning as many games as possible. Who cares what profit we make? To the club it appears selling at the highest price is the key metric.

Mmmmm. I'm with you that it'd be nice to have the new attacking players in straight away. I don't think the club intentionally leaves things to the last minute with signings. I don't see anything wrong with selling early though if it's a good price. It leaves us knowing exactly what we need to strengthen and how much ££ we have to spend. Makes shopping for targets easier. It's a hell of a lot better than the Everton situation right now where they might lose Stones/Lukaku on or near deadline day and have days/hours to replace them. They probably can't sign anyone right now until they know for sure if they're staying/leaving.

The club making money from transfers is huge. As much as we all hate it, football is about money these days. There's nothing that turns players heads more. If we bought the Mane of today 2 years ago he would've cost more than Pelle/Long/Tadic combined. Would a forward line of Seager/Gallagher/Mane outperform Long/Pelle/Tadic? We still don't know who we're replacing him with, and we'll never know if we would've been more successful this season with him or with the replacements his money buys, but the club is looking for sustained success and can't afford to potentially lose £15m by holding a player an extra year.

Transfer fees are rising rapidly. He'll be worth at least 80 million in future. Next year we could have got 50 million for him. I was expecting this year to be his breakthrough season but more importantly for him to help us win a trophy. He's going to keep improving for the next few years. He certainly looks a better porspect than Bale did when we sold him. A player as gifted as Mane is virtually irreplaceable. We'll be very lucky to see a player that good playing for Southampton in the next 20 years. Selling him so soon, when he still had 2 years left on his contract, was a huge mistake. For those who say he doesn't try, bullsh!t. He gave 100% effort every time he took the pitch for Southampton and he would have continued to do so if we hadn't sold him.

Not if he wouldn't sign a new contract we wouldn't.

£20m tops.

Elia hattrick in 20 mins for Feyenoord

Tonny Vilhena also scored, and I saw a few minutes of the game on Sky and they were saying how influential Vilhena is for Feyenoord. Having been linked before, makes me wonder if we're still interested, or whether it was more of a Koeman link. I'd guess the latter.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says his squad is only "70% fit" heading into their Premier League opener against Tottenham after being given too much time off this summer. (Daily Mail)

Excuses starting already...

Maybe if the doss khunt didn't keep disappearing off on holiday himself instead of pushing his money grasping move through earlier,

he might have had more time to get things sorted sooner.

Poch was ruthless but he never pretended to be otherwise and I think he genuinely loves Southampton even though his career means more. Honourable Ron pretended to be loyal, lied, and moved for money like a snake that he is.

Everton to lose please!

A match between two former bosses. Who do you want to lose?

0-0 draw with a huge team brawl resulting in both sides getting a 10 point penalty and mass 10 game bans for players. Poch and Koeman to square up in the centre circle resulting in season long banishment to the stands will be fine .......

0-0 draw with a huge team brawl resulting in both sides getting a 10 point penalty and mass 10 game bans for players. Poch and Koeman to square up in the centre circle resulting in season long banishment to the stands will be fine .......

If Carlsberg did scenarios between teams you dislike ...... :)

Mmmmm. I'm with you that it'd be nice to have the new attacking players in straight away. I don't think the club intentionally leaves things to the last minute with signings. I don't see anything wrong with selling early though if it's a good price. It leaves us knowing exactly what we need to strengthen and how much ££ we have to spend. Makes shopping for targets easier. It's a hell of a lot better than the Everton situation right now where they might lose Stones/Lukaku on or near deadline day and have days/hours to replace them. They probably can't sign anyone right now until they know for sure if they're staying/leaving.

The club making money from transfers is huge. As much as we all hate it, football is about money these days. There's nothing that turns players heads more. If we bought the Mane of today 2 years ago he would've cost more than Pelle/Long/Tadic combined. Would a forward line of Seager/Gallagher/Mane outperform Long/Pelle/Tadic? We still don't know who we're replacing him with, and we'll never know if we would've been more successful this season with him or with the replacements his money buys, but the club is looking for sustained success and can't afford to potentially lose £15m by holding a player an extra year.

There's nothing that turns PEOPLE'S heads more - period.

Not sure about that. A nice pair of baps is more likely to catch my attention.

Beat me to it!! Some of the girls in Bikinis at our haunt @barasti in Dubai are a very nice distraction if the footies not up to much!!

In fact about 10 of us missed The Stoke City goalies goal after about 20 secs or whatever as all of our heads longingly followed a young beauty as she walked past our group!!

So there you have scientific proof!!

Don't actually mind Poch anymore, he is a great manager, seems a decent bloke and genuinely loves Southampton. Everton and Koeman though, well I hope they crash and burn. A Ronald Koeman squad being unfit at the start sounds quite familiar doesn't it?

Same here.

Conman must be due another holiday this week surely, not had one for a few weeks!!

Beat me to it!! Some of the girls in Bikinis at our haunt @barasti in Dubai are a very nice distraction if the footies not up to much!!

In fact about 10 of us missed The Stoke City goalies goal after about 20 secs or whatever as all of our heads longingly followed a young beauty as she walked past our group!!

So there you have scientific proof!!

To be valid, the results of any scientific experiment have to be repeatable.

To be valid, the results of any scientific experiment have to be repeatable.

Trust me ..if asked what colour bikini the last blonde who walked by had on, you'd get a high % pass mark .... ask who passed the ball to Long before he scored for us , you'd probably get a ... "Oh we've scored have we"?

Trust me ..if asked what colour bikini the last blonde who walked by had on, you'd get a high % pass mark .... ask who passed the ball to Long before he scored for us , you'd probably get a ... "Oh we've scored have we"?
If Phil was there he wouldnt remember what colour bikini but he would be able to slip a golfing story in about it Lol

Sounds like Wanyama's first touch for Spurs resulted in a free kick from which Everton scored..........:-)

Sadly that's getting desperate. Sounds like if Koeman wasn't at Everton they would have lost 0-3.

Lovren was being driven in car when within 50 metres of Anfield and his driver making a right turn, there was a crash some 20 or so metres behind them, sounds like if he hadn't ever signed for Liverpool the crash would not have happened.;)

Sadly that's getting desperate. Sounds like if Koeman wasn't at Everton they would have lost 0-3.

Lovren was being driven in car when within 50 metres of Anfield and his driver making a right turn, there was a crash some 20 or so metres behind them, sounds like if he hadn't ever signed for Liverpool the crash would not have happened.;)

Except thats exactly what happened , second foul and free kick he gave away nearly resulted in a goal too but for a good save from the keeper !

Mane has just scored a cracker for Liverpool. That is what he offered that we are going to miss badly - his ability to score from nothing.

I believe Liverpool mugged us off at £30 million for him. We should have held out for £40+ and just told them that's the price, take it or leave it. Just like Everton have done with Lukaku. If it doesn't come off you keep a brilliant player, if it does you're better off!

We're too quick to sell, too slow to buy.....

Mane goal.

http://youtu.be/eDpBrqQQVmI

Who cares? I do. Hope we added a significant sell on clause.

I find it difficult to particularly care whether or not we get a few million quid if Mane is sold to Real Madrid in three years time. In fact I'd say I couldn't give a monkeys, being that were not some skint Championship club any more.

But some people have got their hopes and who am I to quash them?

I find it difficult to particularly care whether or not we get a few million quid if Mane is sold to Real Madrid in three years time. In fact I'd say I couldn't give a monkeys, being that were not some skint Championship club any more.

But some people have got their hopes and who am I to quash them?

I think you got the wrong end of the stick old boy. I mourn the loss of a great player. Any compensation for a future move would feel hollow, but I doubt he will hang around at Liverpool if his form continues.

Moreno is such a liability,I wish Mane well as he is a good player, he won't be at Liverpool long if he can become consistent

Liverpool seem to love inconsistent players though. Mignolet, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Gerrard, The Entire Defence...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk