Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Phil McNulty

@philmcnulty

In the end that wasn't close to embarrassing for Everton - it was embarrassing. Schneiderlin having a shocking run under the radar. Awful.

Morgan has surprised me; apart from Mane thought he'd be the most successful of our leavers and didn't think Victor would leave him miles behind. Started OK at Everton but not the heights of SFC and Man U must have seriously have drained his confidence.

Ronald has built a squad there that has decent players but one dimensional - he learned something from Les. At least we aren't paying him £7m pa to get thumped at Atalanta though..

Koeman' managerial career was pretty average prior to Saints,so maybe, just maybe, the set up & Les Reed contributed to his good seasons.

I drank in a Dutch bar in Albufeira the summer we appointed him and the general consensus was that Pelle carried his Feyenoord side. Last season was the easy bit, now we'll see how good a coach he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like some expectation management going on by Ronald

During Friday's news conference, Koeman was also asked whether expectations were too high after Everton spent more than £130m during this summer's transfer window.

"Maybe it's really easy to tell everybody that Everton will be fourth in the table and will fight for the Champions League because they have spent a lot of money," he added.

"But maybe the rest of the teams have spent even more money. And they didn't spend that money this summer because they already have the team they need.

"Our team is in transition. Everybody knows as young player and foreign player coming to the Premier League, they need time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41283654

Koeman' managerial career was pretty average prior to Saints,so maybe, just maybe, the set up & Les Reed contributed to his good seasons.

I drank in a Dutch bar in Albufeira the summer we appointed him and the general consensus was that Pelle carried his Feyenoord side. Last season was the easy bit, now we'll see how good a coach he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey if the set up makes managers performance better, think how bad Puel really was! Lol

The set up with Mane, Pelle and Big Vic taken out?

True and Conte is a rubbish manager as take away Kante, Cahill, Matic, Courtois, Hazard, etc etc he wouldn't have won the league.

RK bought Mane and Pelle to the club... Face it RK is a good manager. He has his limitations and it's good to see Everton struggle. It doesn't mean what he did for us was luck or the "system" completely. I agree the set up must help but it helps Puel the same and it helps MP exactly he same...if they aren't forceful enough to get the players they want then that is a weakness on their behalf.

If the policy means managers don't get input in purchases could explain why Tuchel and perhaps Marco decided against joining us.

True and Conte is a rubbish manager as take away Kante, Cahill, Matic, Courtois, Hazard, etc etc he wouldn't have won the league.

RK bought Mane and Pelle to the club... Face it RK is a good manager. He has his limitations and it's good to see Everton struggle. It doesn't mean what he did for us was luck or the "system" completely. I agree the set up must help but it helps Puel the same and it helps MP exactly he same...if they aren't forceful enough to get the players they want then that is a weakness on their behalf.

If the policy means managers don't get input in purchases could explain why Tuchel and perhaps Marco decided against joining us.

I'm not sure what your point is. Take away good players and a manager will likely struggle? Yes, that was my point.

RK was a good manager for us? Who's arguing?

Puel was not forceful enough to convince the board to bring in more players? Who knows, but that's a strange reason for the board to sack him.

Modern football for you league position and getting into the champions league means more than a trophy these days for a lot of PL clubs (if not the fans)

And yet, its still the same few top 6 clubs who win the league cup pretty much year after year. Granted it's occasional punctuated by a Swansea or Birmingham but, on the whole, the clubs who "disrespect" the competition still win it.

It is a common practise across Europe. Feel for him and his family. Gassed or not it's still a horrible thing to have happen.

Does anyone feel a little bit sorry for AOC - Left Arsenal looking to play more footy and it is looking likely that he will not get much game time at Liverpool with the players ahead of him and Nivea fan boy still to come back. Im sure his bank manager is happy not sure he will be

Does anyone feel a little bit sorry for AOC - Left Arsenal looking to play more footy and it is looking likely that he will not get much game time at Liverpool with the players ahead of him and Nivea fan boy still to come back. Im sure his bank manager is happy not sure he will be

When you see that his last game for Arsenal was 61 minutes in their 4-0 defeat at Liverpool, after playing for 90 mins in Arsenal's two opening matches. The next outing being 45 minutes in Liverpools 5-0 defeat at ManCity, it does make you wonder if he might have got more playing time if he had stayed at the Emirates.