Defectors Watch

adrian lord

To be fair barca were superb, Messi was unplayable

I know everyone loves a debate but I don’t see why anyone doesn’t agree he is the best ever. Shame not done it at World Cup but never seen consistency like it. Phenomenal player. Shame him and Ronaldo are now early thirties as not sure we will see the likes again for a while.

Spurs fan in the office getting very excited about Gazzaniga's performances. I reminded him we sold him to them for less than £1M. He says his market value is now £30M. Says he can see Lloris struggling to regain his place, that Gazza could well be #1 after current performances.

Another incident to prove that while we had Some good potential players we did not know how to fulfill their potentials and make good value from them.

Another incident to prove that while we had Some good potential players we did not know how to fulfill their potentials and make good value from them.

Gazzaniga suffered from the coaching of Dave Watson. I always thought he would do better if he could get away from him. Forster's career has been wrecked by Watson. It will be interesting to see what he does to McCarthy and Gunn, who, at the moment, seem OK. The best scenario would be that Watson has learned from his mistakes and doesn't repeat them.

Gazzaniga suffered from the coaching of Dave Watson. I always thought he would do better if he could get away from him. Forster's career has been wrecked by Watson. It will be interesting to see what he does to McCarthy and Gunn, who, at the moment, seem OK. The best scenario would be that Watson has learned from his mistakes and doesn't repeat them.

If Watson is so bad, why McCarthy has improved significantly under his coaching. Truth is that Gazza was a bag of nerves with us, that's got nothing to do with Watson. Probably inexperience and confidence - not ability or coaching. Seemingly he was shlte during his loan spell as well. Again nothing to do with Watson. There was always a decent keeper in him and I'm not surprised that he's starting to fulfill his potential.

Strange that? Especially as Gazzaniga was playing badly for Saints from 2012 and Watson didn't join us until July 2014.

Wasn't Gazzaniga a Paul Mitchell signing?

Congratulations to Alex McCarthy on his second call-up to the England squad.

Congratulations to Alex McCarthy on his second call-up to the England squad.

He’s really benefited from the coaching of Dave Watson. He’s been transformed from Reading and Palaces back up keeper to first choice premier league and international keeper. All credit to Watson and course Les Reed and Ross Wilson for spotting McCarthys potential when no one else did.

Strange that? Especially as Gazzaniga was playing badly for Saints from 2012 and Watson didn't join us until July 2014.

Wasn't Gazzaniga a Paul Mitchell signing?

It is of course a pure coincidence that he comes from the same small town in Argentina as Poch.

Perhaps Poch has always rated him ?? Perhaps Poch is obliged to play him for reasons that we can only guess at ?? Nevertheless the way that he follows Poch around suggests to me that he was more of a Poch signing than Paul Mitchell.

It is of course a pure coincidence that he comes from the same small town in Argentina as Poch.

Perhaps Poch has always rated him ?? Perhaps Poch is obliged to play him for reasons that we can only guess at ?? Nevertheless the way that he follows Poch around suggests to me that he was more of a Poch signing than Paul Mitchell.

Except that Adkins was still the manager when Gazzaniga arrived. Think you may wish to revise that theory.

I'm confused as to why Liverpool fans are booing Sterling, can anyone explain it for me?

They've been insisting that we should all support a player when he makes a big money move to another club, for the chance to win titles. Surely they should be delighted to seem him doing so well and give him a standing ovation for winning the title last season.

I'm confused as to why Liverpool fans are booing Sterling, can anyone explain it for me?

They've been insisting that we should all support a player when he makes a big money move to another club, for the chance to win titles. Surely they should be delighted to seem him doing so well and give him a standing ovation for winning the title last season.

The hypocrisy is strong in Liverpool

I'm sure it's all done a little tongue in cheek? Surely

Tadic's role as chief penalty misser has been seamlessly filled by Austin. He misses penalties every bit as efficiently as Tadic used to.

Good point,and of course Targett is the 'breakthrough' act from the Academy in this respect. Good to see Les has got this covered on the convenyor belt of talent.

Pretty impressive work by his agent considering in four seasons at Man U he managed 10 less league appearances (so far) than he did in two seasons for us (I realise he had the nasty leg break) so to score another five year bump contract on the back of that is pretty good.

Pretty impressive work by his agent considering in four seasons at Man U he managed 10 less league appearances (so far) than he did in two seasons for us (I realise he had the nasty leg break) so to score another five year bump contract on the back of that is pretty good.

For a club uniteds size, equally a good deal for them

Poch getting his excuses in early tonight I see

Dutch football website Voetbalzone.nl had a article today with Pochetinno claiming that due to a lack of summer signings, he has never felt so unhappy at Spurs. He did claim that have started the season stronger then ever. Could this be a ‘come and get me’ message to Perez?

Dutch football website Voetbalzone.nl had a article today with Pochetinno claiming that due to a lack of summer signings, he has never felt so unhappy at Spurs. He did claim that have started the season stronger then ever. Could this be a ‘come and get me’ message to Perez?

His quotes today v odd. If I was a spurs fan wouldn’t be pleased. Madrid vacancy would be interesting but could easily see him bomb in that role.

The violins and excuses are out for Mopo today.

Typically journalists ignoring his c£1 billion pound squad value and focusing on the zero summer spend.

Almost picturing him as a man that has worked miracles with nothing :lol:

Truth is that Spurs squad is so strong, realistically to improve it you're needing to spend £50m+ on a player and Spurs don't have Mitchell to unearth the cheaper gems now.

Jose Fonte's Lille team won again and remain 2nd in the French league, looking very likely to qualify for the Champions League. Pied came on as sub for the last few minutes.

How are they looking likley to qualify for the Champions league? 11 games gone, only 6 points seperating them and 5th place. It will only look very likley if they're there come 30 odd games.