Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,400 of 7809

Thread: Defectors Watch

1. Default

Fonte was slowing down at Saints , his late challenges got later . He hit the heights with his international career but when he came back things got worse and he left for WHU where his decline continued . He is now in a league that may suit him and I hope he enjoys the end of his career , which was not going to happen in the Prem .

Whilst I don't like VVD, his reaction with the referee last night was quality. Pity he didn't show the same behaviours when Klippety wanted a weekend away in Blackpool.

Re: Fonte, he was slowing up physically as evidence by the shockers for WHU (one of them at SMS, when a Pellegrino team scores 3, you know you've had a stinker) although the leadership was still there. I got the impression he and Puel didn't see eye to eye and possibly Reed as well after the strikers/transfer window debacle in 2016. The fact he wasn't adequetly replaced despite the money seemingly being there was the next sign of Les slowing up as well and Reed should have been phased out that summer if the 'takeover' wasn't in the background.

Tadic was inconsistent but been in great form for Ajax in Europe. Quite frankly, the table this machine sits on is more creative and contributes more than Moi, who has to be one of the most pointless signings I've ever seen, and that's going some on recent years.

Even with VVD, we've replaced him with Hoedt, who is getting marginally better but hardly good sufficient still, and Vestergaard, whose is a lanky presence on the bench at £18m. We talk about Fonte slowing up, but he could play for Saints in the masters tournaments in his 50s and still outpace Jannik.

Let's not even mention Carrillo. With the above ineptitude, Reed, his carer and rent-a-gob might as well have done a KLF and burned £85m on a Scottish island.

Let's not moan, we've probably got one or two more good performances to come this season from Lemina. Now he's got speed, unfortunately it's only when there's a 30 or 40mph limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Fonte is having a great season for Lille and Portugal. He played the full 90 minutes to gain his 36th cap for Portugal in their 0-0 draw with Italy and his Lille team are 2nd in the French league. How we could do with him this season.
    The clue is the bit in bold. Fonte was past his best when he left us and I have no problem with us actually selling him, provided we had a decent replacement signed up... which we didn't.

She's a munter FFS.

5. Default

Doesn't matter if "you" are obsessed !!!

Gazzaniga got his 1st cap for Argentina. Quite a rise for him since leaving us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tadic and Lovren in a bit of bother due to tax avoidance.

https://www.nacional.hr/football-lea...-gross-crimes/

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    Gazzaniga got his 1st cap for Argentina. Quite a rise for him since leaving us.

Just after joining us didn't Pochettino **** himself laughing in a press conference when a journo suggested Nigel Adkins had claimed that Gazzanigga could go on to play for Argentina? Funny how things work out.

9. Default

Tadic got a brace in the CL, inc a penalty. Pleased for the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    9 in his last 12 or something ridiculous like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Katalinic View Post
    Just after joining us didn't Pochettino **** himself laughing in a press conference when a journo suggested Nigel Adkins had claimed that Gazzanigga could go on to play for Argentina? Funny how things work out.
    if he didn’t rate him why did he sign him for Spurs?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    if he didn’t rate him why did he sign him for Spurs?
    Re-read the post...just after joining us...funny how things turn out.

Get rid, useless player.

14. Default

Seems a nasty with a petrol bomb thrown at Ajax supporters.

Dušan Tadić has been directly involved in 21 goals in his first 24 games for Ajax (13 goals, 8 assists).

Lazy, useless idiot. Rather have JWPa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Dušan Tadić has been directly involved in 21 goals in his first 24 games for Ajax (13 goals, 8 assists).
    I remember saying in the summer that after selling Tadic, Elyounoussi was going to have to hit the ground running.

Yeah. About that.

17. Default

FFS Tadic did his time here and wanted to go back to his adopted home. Why people think and expect overseas players (especially them) to want to spend their whole career at a provincial club like Saints is a mystery to me.

FFS Tadic did his time here and wanted to go back to his adopted home. Why people think and expect overseas players (especially them) to want to spend their whole career at a provincial club like Saints is a mystery to me.
    Lazy also. Doesn’t run like Long.

Didn t have to sell him this cheap though.

Tadic is definitely a guy that shines with good players around him. Wouldn't look out of place in a better team but is totally wasted in poor teams like what we became post Mane/Pelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    Tadic is definitely a guy that shines with good players around him. Wouldn't look out of place in a better team but is totally wasted in poor teams like what we became post Mane/Pelle.

cant make an argument against that,everyone who leaves us pressently seems to become superstars.

Bless the Bournemouth fans shouting 'scummer' at Van Dijk

23. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Bless the Bournemouth fans shouting 'scummer' at Van Dijk
    Ha just posted same before saw this. Bless in indeed

They been unlucky, Salah offside for the goal.

Lallana getting the 'scummer scummer' treatment

Cracking save just now by Gazzaniga for Spuds in the Carabao...

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    After he totally messed up a clearance

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Decent.

@OptaJoe: 1 - Paulo Gazzaniga is the first Spurs goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet away at Arsenal in any competition November 1998, when Espen Baardsen did so at Highbury. Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Espen Baardsen
    Jeez thats a blast from the past!

Blog Entries

Decent.
    Directly involved in both Spurs goals as well, providing the assist to the assist. Got away with complete howler though.

Gazzaniga is the goalkeeping equivalent of Yoshida.

VvD scores for Liverpool. He's gonna win the league.

Top manager

34. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    VvD scores for Liverpool. He's gonna win the league.
    I’d love it if they got to 100 points, but still finished below City who get 102. Could easily happen this season. Would be funny as **** if they got enough points to win the league every season...................except this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35. Default

Morgan still getting torrid abuse from his lot on their forum, and found these nuggets :

Total fraud of a footballer.
    Yep...not his fault tho...but hey we're lumbered with this fraud that EFC was too big for him to handle when he stepped onto the grass at Goodison...like RK couldn't handle just how big things are...

..got to laugh at the delusion there...

Southampton are going to panic buy him, won’t cost a lot and it’s a club legend (imagine this bloke being regarded as that) that will keep the fans happy. Best for everyone until they go down and he wants out again.
    Mate , he’s not a saints legend, I’m from there and not a single one of my mates thinks he is.
    Please don’t get in the way of my agenda against Southampton
    Appears the Silva magic is wearing off as it did at Watford.

Rod, Sharp, McGoldrick and Lovern all scored yesterday

37. Default

Lallana latest...

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool forward Adam Lallana will remain at Anfield during this transfer window, and will not be sent out on loan.

Reports elsewhere have stated that a number of clubs are interested in signing him - including Fenerbahce, where former Liverpool Sporting Director Damian Comolli now works.

It was also suggested that a loan deal might suit the player and Jurgen Klopp as Lallana looks to step up his recovery from a groin strain that has restricted him to just two Premier League starts this season.

But the England forward has made two substitute appearances for the league leaders over Christmas and it’s thought Klopp wants to now reintegrate him as a first-team regular.

Lallana latest...
    I suppose if he went to Fenerbahce he , the V man and his other hangers on could spend their free time gawping at Turkish belly dancers rather than scrawny Bournemouth strippers.

39. Default

Imagine Adam Lallana dealing with Turkish football crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Top manager

This aged well...From hovering above relegation spot to 7th in just over a year looks pretty good to me.

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint IQ View Post
    This aged well...From hovering above relegation spot to 7th in just over a year looks pretty good to me.
    They won the league a couple years ago....

Leicester are up and down the table, almost relegated to winning the league to almost regated to the middle to different positions on a monthly basis. Make you think the momentum theory is a pile of ****.

Clyne to Bournemouth, another who thought the lights brighter at Liver. Or, perhaps he missed the weather.

To be fair to Clyne, his first two seasons at Liverpool he was starting 11 pretty much every game, he got injuryed and Liverpool born Alexander-Arnold came in and done extremely well and has kept his place. If he hadnt got injuryed I think he's still be playing regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Portugalsaint View Post
    Clyne to Bournemouth, another who thought the lights brighter at Liver. Or, perhaps he missed the weather.
    Well it is. They're in the Champions League...

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Johnson View Post
    To be fair to Clyne, his first two seasons at Liverpool he was starting 11 pretty much every game, he got "injured" and Liverpool born Alexander-Arnold came in and done extremely well and has kept his place. If he hadnt got "injured" I think he's still be playing regularly.
    Corrected for you.

47. Default

Going back a bit...

IDIAKEZ IN LUTON CONTENTION

Luton Under-18s boss Inigo Idiakez is among the names being considered for the first-team job at Kenilworth Road, according to Sky sources.

The Hatters are on the hunt for a successor to Nathan Jones after he took the Stoke City job – and Idiakez has enjoyed success with one of their youth teams.

The former Southampton and Derby midfielder led his team to the EFL Youth Alliance Cup last season and they are currently fifth in the Southeast Division.

Luton have had more than 60 applications for Jones’ position, which has been given to club legend Mick Harford on an interim basis.

Going back a bit...
    Wasn't he once a 'Mystery Trialist'?

Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    Wasn't he once a 'Mystery Trialist'?
    He was a bit more than that. Played quite a few games for us under Burley in our playoff season IIRC.