Defectors Watch

adrian lord

The Champions league is name only, man teams who have finished 2nd or3rd have won the thing. Point is that they have come from stronger competiton in the first place. Its like putting San Marino in the World Cup finals as they are in the World

FIFA are working on that. 48 teams after Qatar, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up 64 soon after.

Yes, I would rather Liverpool didn't get to the Champions League final, and if that means watching Vojvodina instead, so be it!

That's a specific opinion held only by a very small minority of football fans worldwide. UEFA aren't going to be making any decisions based on what Saints fans would like.

I don't give a crap who plays the final in less saints are in it and as you pointed out those teams are never going to reach the final anyway. The champions league is just another way of ensuring the rich get richer an exclusive club for already rich clubs. Keeping out the winners of the smaller leagues is just another way to ensure they don't have to share the wealth. Might as well call it the elite league rather than the Champions league. I'd much rather they ran like the old days as a cup competition rather than a league. League winners and cup winners from every league in UEFA knockout rounds and if little old Caernarfon Town some how knock out Barcelona in round three ... fine by me

The winners aren't kept out, they just get knocked out in the qualifiers every year. If they never beat Dinamo Zagreb or Grasshopper Zurich in a qualifying match, what's the point of having them in the group stage. It would be completely pointless watching any games up until the QF and half of them would be one-sided affairs like Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk.

As for the wealth, I've still yet to see any answer to my point about it destroying pretty much every league in Europe. All the smaller leagues would turn into the SPL, an absolute farce of a foregone conclusion where the winner is engraved on the trophy before the season starts because they have so much more resource than anyone else.

They wont, they just wont. Teams like Barca and Real win comfortably against some of the teams which DO qualify for the CL. You will just end up with ridiculous games like Everton's 22-0 win in pre-season. Scoring records will just go out the window. Players like Di Stefano and Shevchenko will end up behind Rashford and Sterling in the record books, scoring 13 goals over 2 legs against Total Network Solutions.

JRod scored four goals in two games. I would rather have him than zings.

I really rate Ings. He is already our best striker. But, a combination of Ings and Rodriguez could work very well. There is always the January transfer window. And then there is that other Saints/Burnley player, Cork. He has scored 2 winning goals in Europe already. But, there is no way Burnley would sell him.

Tadic having a good game against Dynamo Kiev. Lively, scored. Showing some pace - where did that come from?

Still guilty of being slow getting crosses in, though.

Ajax winning 3-1.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am pleased for him. One of our best players since he joined. Criminally misused by the managers in the last couple of years and some fans?...well what can you say, it just shows how much they know about football.

I am pleased for him. One of our best players since he joined. Criminally misused by the managers in the last couple of years and some fans?...well what can you say, it just shows how much they know about football.

From reading this site, the impression I always had was that pretty much everyone agreed that Tadic was one of our most talented players, but that he didn't perform regularly enough. I don't remember seeing anyone doubt that he was a very good player.

From reading this site, the impression I always had was that pretty much everyone agreed that Tadic was one of our most talented players, but that he didn't perform regularly enough. I don't remember seeing anyone doubt that he was a very good player.

If he wasn't one of our most talented players, the club wouldn't have been able to sell him. The ones we are left with are the less talented ones, many of whom no other club would pay a fee for.

He was also our joint top goal scorer last season and the club finds buyers for them easily enough too.

Tadic will enjoy changing down a few gears ! A lot of players say, like Gerrard, can have excellent games , can put a real shift in and as their moves come off gain in belief and look like they are running the game. In other games nothing comes off and they retreat into their shell .... Top class means you can always pull something out of the hat even if you are having not much influence on the game but it still depends on your mind set .

Fonte is off to a flying start in France. No goals conceded in his first two games and his team is 3rd in the league. It would certainly be a great end to his career if he won another trophy. Pied is also in the squad but he's yet to make an appearance.

Nice to see a cheating attempt by Van Dijk failing in the Liverpool/Leicester game. Having gone up for a corner, when a defender put a hand on his shoulder he immediately fell to the ground and then shouted at the ref for not awarding a penalty. Serious failure by the ref not to show a yellow card for simulation but another example of the cheating illness that infects football. Unfortunately, our own club isn't immune.

Nice to see a cheating attempt by Van Dijk failing in the Liverpool/Leicester game. Having gone up for a corner, when a defender put a hand on his shoulder he immediately fell to the ground and then shouted at the ref for not awarding a penalty. Serious failure by the ref not to show a yellow card for simulation but another example of the cheating illness that infects football. Unfortunately, our own club isn't immune.

every single game at every level displays level of cheating. It has been like so since the dawn of time.

I still think he would have been better off being a bigger fish in a smaller pool . I still remember the way he just ghosted by defenders at St Mary’s , a better final ball or shot would be the final touch.

Before his injuries, he had been one of the standout performers for Klopp.

Over 4 years on and Judas is still injured, while Shaw is at long last rehabilitated.

He's finally over come his *sniff* injury *sniff* but is behind Trent Alexander Arnold

Damn the hayfever must be sticking around longer this year *sniff*

Same reason whilshre was sent to Bournemouth, Great back injury rehab there !

• 2 weeks later...